Zuko Speaks – A Video interview with Dante Basco, ATLA

Dante Basco Pic 1

At long last our video interview with Dante Basco is now available to watch, Thanks to Teddy (AKA Nightbender) of LastAirbenderFans.com for the incredible video editing work.

It was way fun to talk with the voice behind Zuko one of the most deep and crazy cool characters of all time. Here is a couple of things we learned.

In the interview only Avatar: The Last Airbender is discussed.

• Dante Basco is a way cool dude!
  • A lot of awesome people were involved in the creation of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Part 1 – Interview with Dante Basco (Zuko)

Part 2 – Interview with Dante Basco (Zuko)

Also be sure to check out DanteBasco.com which is Dante Basco‘s Official Website designed by Jordan (site Administrator). And Follow Dante on Twitter.

Zuko is a true classic it was awesome to see the voice behind the character, it’s great to know he will play a role in the upcoming Avatar The Legend of Korra.

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

1. Avatar of Kuruk
    Kuruk Said: Comment by Kuruk on September 5, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much!! That was so great to watch.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Sure thing, thanks for watching!

Water Bending Master Reply:

that was so cool thanks for the vid. :p

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Thanks, yeah it was a lot of fun.

2. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 5, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Awesome dude! Thanks for putting it up :)

3. Avatar of Dom
    Dom Said: Comment by Dom on September 5, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

This is great thanks for putting this up (only a hour before Tumblr beat ya to it, LOL). And I’m really glad Dante will have a more prominent presence in the LoK world besides the rare Zuko flashbacks we may see.

And although most everyone would agree Dante “is” Zuko, to me its unfortunately not the same. Since I saw Hook long before I realized ATLA, Dante will always be the infamous Rufio. Ru-fi-ohhh! Love it.

- Dom 8)

4. Avatar of Airspeed Prime
    Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on September 6, 2011 at 3:35 am | Permalink

That was very cool, I loved how he suddenly got very conscious of what he was saying when Korra came up.

We know that he is in the finale, which I assume is episode 12 as they had not even started season 2 back then, does this mean that Skeleton In The Closet is the title of The Finale ?
    Who knows.

Donna Reply:

@airspeed…. oooooo good thought re Skeleton in the Closet…. know begins to ponder if there is a Zuko/Amon connection that can create more questions lol….

5. Avatar of Donna
    Donna Said: Comment by Donna on September 6, 2011 at 5:06 am | Permalink

Awesome work Jordan & Teddy. Whooohooo, great questions that you guys asked on our behalf…. ;)

Love how he’s down to earth and really clear about how hard he has worked to get to where he is and that he encourages folk to just get out there and do the work… wicked!

Love his sense of humor, and that he’s also really aware that he want to have a long career in what he does so is careful with what he shares too. :)

Ammmm sooo jealous that you guys got to met him lol and again thank you thank you thank you for putting the video together for us fans :)

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah he was way down to earth and a way cool guy.

6. Avatar of OG Sokka
    OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on September 6, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Very cool You and Teddy did great. I do wish Dante would have given us a bit of news but I can understand why he is tight lipped. oh and thanks for the shout out Jordan that was awfully thoughtful of you.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah sure, thanks for the questions!

7. Avatar of
    Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on September 7, 2011 at 5:01 am | Permalink

Awesome, awesome, awesome, Jordan, thank you so much. You asked all the right questions, Dante seemed more self-conscious, you seemed more at ease. You did a fantastic job!!!

8. Avatar of
    Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on September 7, 2011 at 5:28 am | Permalink

I also checked out the site you put together. Awesome job. You did wonderful all around. :) :) :) :) :)

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Thank you so much!

Avatar of

Tracy Reply:

You’re welcome. And thanks for mentioning me. *Ducks head* You seemed so calm and at ease… I think you put Dante at ease, too. You are a natural at interviewing people. :)

9. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 7, 2011 at 11:14 am | Permalink

Just relized Dante says that show takes place 100 years in the future, now im a bit confused
    PS Thanks for putting my name in the video it was cool!

As he said he is not in every episode, so I don’t think he knows the details that well. A bit like if you asked George Lucas what species Jar Jar Binks was he would say “Fishy thingy” as opposed to Gungan.
    It is definitely 70 years

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah this was when details weren’t fully known, Mike and Bryan were toying with different time periods, I think now it’s like 70 years or something.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Oh and thanks for all the good questions for the interview!

10. Avatar of Yin
    Yin Said: Comment by Yin on September 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

Cool. In the first few minutes i was like ” WOW that’s Zuko’s voice …” and I didn’t listen at all, but I think he’s a really nice and awesome. When i saw the The Legend Of Korra trailer and i saw the way serious drawing and saw how badass Korra is, I thought it looked really cool, but I hope ( I REALLY HOPE) that they continue with those Sokka awkward lame stupid type jokes! I mean, The Bending and the story were one the main reasons I watched ATLA, but seriously, the lame awkward jokes make day!The 1st couple of episodes, when I started watching it, my mom seriously freaked out from my laughing… I have some really loud and sinister laughter x)

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Haha, yeah Sokka really was a central part of the series, let’s hope they can pull of a similar (but not exact copy) character in Korra. It’ll be tough that’s for sure.

11. justanotherperson Said: Comment by justanotherperson on September 9, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Great JOB! Love the interview!

12. Avatar of LightningSpeed-Zuko
    LightningSpeed-Zuko Said: Comment by LightningSpeed-Zuko on September 15, 2011 at 3:09 am | Permalink

VERY VERY good lol…glad to see him talk about it in real time lol :) Yea Dante Basco is a very talented actor and yet still down to earth and so you can talk to him about anything really. Great interview guys :D

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Thanks, yeah it was way fun.

13. Avatar of Destiny of Awe
    Destiny of Awe Said: Comment by Destiny of Awe on January 8, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Permalink

You guys were sooooo lucky to get to interview him!

14. Avatar of Luca
    Luca Said: Comment by Luca on July 17, 2012 at 3:19 am | Permalink

Watched this i though it was great he acts just like him :)

Luca Reply:

(Zuko i mean)

15. Avatar of KyoshiSakura
    KyoshiSakura Said: Comment by KyoshiSakura on July 25, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

thats was good. i wish he could’ve said something in Zukos voice though