Wait for Book 3 will be “MUCH less” than wait for Book 2

So we have our first update on how long we will be waiting for Book 3.

Book 2 logo

Bryan on Tumblr mentioned the following

“P.S. I forgot to mention, we have seen the first four episodes of Take 1 animation from Studio Mir on Book 3. AWESOME STUFF! They continue to blow us away. The premiere date hasn’t been pinned down, but we are on track to airing Book 3 with MUCH less of a wait than the unfortunate one there was before Book 2 aired. We are all incredibly excited for you all to see the new book. For now, I hope enjoyed the Book 2 finale!”

I have bolded the important info. Given the delays with Book 2 I did not expect to hear that they have got Take 1 animation for 4 episodes so soon, Take 1 Animation is exactly what it says, Mir’s first attempt at the completed animation, Mike and Bryan will review it and request changes. Since Mir are so good, I am sure much of the Take 1 Animation is used in the final episode.

The second big thing is obviously capitalised MUCH less of a wait for Book 2.

We waited around 15 months for Book 2, 6 months longer than any previous wait. 15 Months from now would leave us in February 2015, I would guess that this puts us back into the usual 9-10 month range. So My prediction now would be somewhere between May 2014 and September 2014, but probably closer to September. A big thing would be if we get Book 3 before or after SDCC 2014, if it is before then where will we get info about Book 3 from.

Thoughts?

Avatar The Legend of Korra, Fairly Confirmed Rumors of New Avatar Season Coming
Sifu Kisu Back in Action for Legend of Korra, Plus Others
EPIC First Official Look at Korras Face
The Legend of Korra Episodes

1. 北方拓芙 Said: Comment by 北方拓芙 on November 18, 2013 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Thoughts?

Um… awesome! 😀

Ever since the Book Two finale, we’ve been getting weird delays and hiatuses for no good reason (except, of course, with Korra Book One, where thay had to actually DEVELOP the entire thing). Good to know they’re now going the other way around and being more consistent with their releases.

There is a good reason for the delay, Studio Mir were scheduled to animated Boondocks and so could not animate the first half of Book 2, meaning Mike and Bryan had to bring in Pierrot. Who are completely new to Avatar, they had to learn the style quickly.
    Now Mir are clear for Korra.

Atry Reply:

Now that Book 2 is over, are you going to go back to your old avatar or are you going to stay a vegetable forever?

北方拓芙 Reply:

Lol, I guess I should have researched my Avatar production better. But still, the schedule has been kinda hectic since then, good to know it’s going to be faster from now on.

2. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on November 18, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

I just love how much Bryan wanted to stress that out to the fans, a MUCH less of a wait than the miserable wait for Book 2. the entire LoK crew and cast has been working on books 3 and 4 during Book 2 so they have been very hard at work to keep us happy!

I am very grateful for them! (: im guessing Book 3 will be premiered in late January, Early February.

3. Zuko Said: Comment by Zuko on November 18, 2013 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

I wonder what Book 3 is gonna be about. And i hope that the connection between the avatars and korra is restored

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

^ Agreed

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

Aang lost his connection to the past lives once. It is possible for Korra to reconnect with her past lives, but if she cant, does that mean she is going to be the First Avatar if the reincarnation cycle isnt broken?

Zuko Reply:

Or maybe she will be the Last Avatar O.o But that shouldnt be possible since she’s connected with Rava. I just hope she’s reconnected with the previous avatars, bcuz that would really suck if she didn’t.

4. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on November 18, 2013 at 10:10 pm | Permalink

interesting. not all the book 2 episodes have aired yet and we already have some estimate on book 3. now its time to report to the avatar games forum and change the book 2 release date guessing game to book 3 😛

Zuko Reply:

lol yea

5. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on March 11, 2014 at 7:57 am | Permalink

Agreed