Voice Work for Book 3 of Korra pretty much confirmed to have started.

SG Tweet

This is just about news. We have pretty much gotten confirmation that the voice work for Book 3 of Korra has begun. 4 Korra voice actors on Twitter have been hinting at it for the past day or so.

Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), P.J Byrne (Bolin) and Seychelle Gabriel (Asami) have all mentioned something about Korra.

I will post one of the tweets here as there are a few. This one is the most solid info.

SG Tweet

It is well known in the animation business that voice actors only get scripts very close to the actual recording sessions, so the fact that she has scripts effectively confirms that the Book 3 voice work has begun, even if none of the other VA’s on twitter would confirm it. Here are some of the tweets

“I might have been hanging out with @janetvarney and@DavidFaustino …not saying what… just saying might! Oh, what might!” – PJ Byrne

“@PJ_Byrne@DavidFaustino Could it be that we were reKORRding?” – Janet Varney

@janetvarney@PJ_Byrne @DavidFaustino Could it be that we were reKORRding?”I Korradn’t tell you?” – PJ Byrne

@Lynner2010_O@DavidFaustinoKORRRRAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! I think I was told you guys would start recording about now.?” “Mmmaybe..maybe not ;)”” – David Faustino

“Recording a cartoon this morn. (No I can’t say which, ahem, Korra fans. I’m on 4 cartoons right now, so could be… Or could be not..) hehe” – David Faustino

Which at least for me begs the question, Will Nick not let them confirm they are recording? or are they just having some fun with the fandom?. Given nick’s strictness with regards to voice actors releasing any info it is probably a mix of the two.

If they are just messing with the fandom it was a pretty poor time to tease information with the SEVERE lack of info coming out related to Korra, as shown by NO INFO WHATSOEVER from NYCC. It is getting a bit frustrating that there is no info. Where are those Korra Nation updates we were promised months ago ? It is as if Nick don’t want people to be excited for the show or even know about it.

Thoughts on this “news” if you can even call it that and the lack of info overall.

Things Avatar Fans Want to See in The Legend of Korra
Dee Bradley Baker voicing a Character + Korras Animal
Book 4 Balance DVD/Blu Ray cover revealed
Book 4 Balance DVD/Blu Ray Out Tomorrow March 10th

1. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on October 19, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

🙂
    You always seem to find the news just before me LOL I just sent you that info!
    Its so cool I bet the gap between book 2 and 3 wont be as long as a year like this one is!

Yeah, it seems like they are getting ahead on production now that they know they have 4 books. Though the animation is a whole different story, as far as we know they are still working on book 2. So they may just be ahead on voice work and nothing else.

2. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 19, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

I actually saw this tweet but i can’t remember where because i don’t have a Twitter.

3. The Kappa Spirit Said: Comment by The Kappa Spirit on October 19, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

XD I heard about this but I don’t waste my time posting it 😛 Don’t want Nick to get mad. *Remembers what our fav Zuko/Iroh VA said*

None of them have said anything that Nick could give out to them about. Us knowing that they are starting Book 3 doesn’t spoil anything, just lets us know what is going with Korra when nothing else is coming out 🙂

4. Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on October 20, 2012 at 1:35 am | Permalink

I’d almost rather have these tweets than “official” confirmations. These are absolutely hilarious!

5. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on October 20, 2012 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Great! That means, that we’ll see book 3 sooner, right?

momo2009 Reply:

i doubt it , it took more than a year to finish book 1 so i bet a couple month for book 3 at least 😛

6. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on October 20, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

I’m in no rush for huge amounts of news on Book 2. I like the suspense.

I don’t think any fan is asking for massive amounts of info to be released constantly. Just an update every so often to let the fandom know that the show still exists. Have Nick even mentioned anywhere officially outside of SDCC that Korra is more than what has already aired. The amount of people on the facebook pages who ask if there is more Korra coming is pretty large.
    Korra Nation can fill that void we have right now, what they posted was nice and just kept up going without it spoiling anything.

Callum Fryars Reply:

Well to me its not that bad. I mean you think Avatar is bad. Doctor Who is so secretive and quiet about everything. Im used to it.

Yes, it is an issue with most shows. I think Star Wars The Clone Wars is one of the only shows that has decent info come out while it is off air.

7. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on October 20, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

This news post kindia re-sparked my Korra craving.Since there hardly ANY korra new/updates about furture books/episodes of Korra ,I am not as excited as I was a while ago ,but perhaps when the times gets closer I regain my exciteness for Korra ….

I think that is the main issue with the lack of news, it really drains your excitement for the rest of the show. You are left feeling like Nick have almost forgotten about the show.

It seems like things are picking up though, Korra Nation is posting again after just not posting for months. No updates, just cosplay and fan art.

8. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on October 21, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

The tension is killing me release some sort of info already!!!!!!

9. Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on October 21, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

*screaming* wow they really work face with the series

10. Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on October 22, 2012 at 6:13 am | Permalink

YES!!!!!!!!!! I’M SO EXCITED!!

11. Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on October 22, 2012 at 10:27 am | Permalink

I am excited but as AirspeedPrime said, I am not THAT excited due to lack of info, and any general advert…. 🙁

12. sydmun17 Said: Comment by sydmun17 on October 22, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

This just added to the suspense!

13. Mario Kart Ninja Said: Comment by Mario Kart Ninja on October 25, 2012 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Listening to The JV Club (Janet Varney’s podcast) and she stated that she recently did some recording for Korra, so that’s a bit more official than those Punny Tweets. Just thought I’d share that!

14. Narisa Said: Comment by Narisa on October 27, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Well this is very exciting! XD

15. kisame Said: Comment by kisame on November 1, 2012 at 9:08 am | Permalink

i dont know much about the voice work but it seems that book 3 would soon be released

momo2009 Reply:

wrong it has to be at least a couple of month, the voice work is fast, but the animation is way to long. It took them two year to do book 1. 😉