Possibilities rise for a Legend of Korra Movie (Animated)

The Legend of Korra The Movie

IGN has recently released a report detailing increased activity in Paramounts “Animation Plans” saying:

Paramount has recently ramped up its animation plans by hiring seven writers to tackle projects, some of which Mary Parent and J.J. Abrams will oversee. What’s more, Paramount chief Brad Grey has been tasked with hitting up its sister division Nickelodeon for animated properties including The Legend of Korra. – IGN

Doesn’t seem like anything’s even close to confirmed at this point, though IGN said this:

Big news, Avatar fans! Thanks to Paramount Animation, we may soon be getting a Legend of Korra movie. – IGN

We know Mike and Bryan have expressed interest in doing a full length movie based in the Avatar universe in the past, so it definitely would seem like a possibility, especially with Paramount seemingly taking a more active interest in the animation department.

As long as it doesn’t interfere with the still to come 3 seasons of Korra, i’m all for it.  Seems like it would be awesome way to explore the Avatar universe.

What do you think about a full length animated movie (obviously M. Night would not be involved in this one)?  It could really boost interest in Korra and ATLA, and so long as most of the team that worked on ATLA and Korra were involved it has a major chance of being epic.

Read IGN’s Full Report Here

The Legend of Korra The Movie

IGN Think’s there is a possibility of a Legend of Korra Movie, what do you think about it?

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

The Legend Of Korra to Premiere this Autumn in the UK
Suki – The Fearless And Charming Female Warrior
New Book 2 Images from Wan's Episodes
New Beginnings Clip

1. Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on August 18, 2012 at 2:30 am | Permalink

I think the movie would be a great opportunity for the avatar world to bring in some more fans! I just hope if they do make the movie, it won’t be a flop.

Troy Reply:

Agreed a movie is the best way to bring in fans. If they go on the internet and see more Avatar is anther question but irrelevant to reach conclusion on now. Movie production for Avatar can only fail so many times before it gets done right or is over because it doesn’t have support. Like Avatars learning from the successes and failures of past Avatars. I think the fact that this one is animated demonstraits the trail of learning these things.

2. brian Said: Comment by brian on August 18, 2012 at 7:03 am | Permalink

why the (removed) do you want a live action sequel?! it’s (removed)

Edited By Airspeed Prime for bad language.

Please no need for bad language, people will respect your opinions more if you express yourself without bad language.

As for your question, not everyone hates the live action movie, not everyone likes to dwell on negativity. I liked TLA for being different to the show (not just a copy, it is it’s own continuity), so I would want to see a sequel just to see the different approach to Book 2.

Hyriu 85 Reply:

I am all for a sequal that would we great because i have (along with most if not all avatar fans) want to see the Avatar world come to life and i would really enjoy to see Ba Sing Se brought to life that would be incredible i would buy the dvd just to see Ba Sing Se if everything else is ruined(highly unlikely since i think M. Night got the message and won’t want death threats from some very angered avatar fans that will be out there if he ruins book 2)

3. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on August 18, 2012 at 7:30 am | Permalink

I think the movie would be great! I really enjoy other animated movies that stem from a series, like Naruto for example. I think this could work and be beneficial to the fandom after the M. Night’s movie.

Hyriu 85 Reply:

I was thinking of Naruto too i hadn’t even heard of it then a movie of it come on carttoonnetwork and i really liked it. so if there is a movie it will deffinetly introduce more fans the the Avatar world.

4. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on August 18, 2012 at 7:39 am | Permalink

i just hope it canon and not in some different universe.

Ricardo Reply:

I think it’ll definitely be in the Avatar universe as it’s a LOK movie. 🙂

As for it being canon, I certainly hope so. 😎

momo2009 Reply:

i meant doing like an alternate reality lok or atla, just stick to the main time/universe. Like the new naruto movie is taking place in an alternate universe.

Ricardo Reply:

Ah, I see.

Yes, it being in the main universe would be better. 🙂

5. AvatarAsh Said: Comment by AvatarAsh on August 18, 2012 at 8:31 am | Permalink

This would be awesome!

6. Ikki Said: Comment by Ikki on August 18, 2012 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I would die of excitement! I can’t wait!! 😀

Troy Reply:

I am looking forward to it to. At first I was on fire about it but I learnt more from mistakes and am balenced about the movie. Though I don’t think: -I’ll die…It’s fine.

7. GBAMario Said: Comment by GBAMario on August 18, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

J. J. Abrams? Animated? M. Night isn’t involved?

My body is ready!

GBAMario Reply:

That went horrible wrong…. didn’t want to quote you…..

8. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on August 18, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

COOL!!!

9. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 18, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Soundtracks would be the big one that I’m hoping for. 🙂
    I’d also love all the others though!

10. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 18, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Drama can be set up in two hours, it’s been done in movies before. That is true.

11. Avatar Annaliese Said: Comment by Avatar Annaliese on August 19, 2012 at 2:40 am | Permalink

darn, well that idea is flushed down the drain… 🙂

12. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on August 19, 2012 at 3:29 am | Permalink

Yes, it’ll be animated, and…

…I’m sure Voldemort wouldn’t have anything to do with the LOK movie. 😉

13. Eric Said: Comment by Eric on August 19, 2012 at 10:20 am | Permalink

That would be interesting indeed. If there’s going to be a story like this, the setting will take place 5 years after Aang defeated Ozai and before Yakone makes his appearance (Aang would probably be 17).

The main antagonist would be Azula (for me she is a better antagonist than Ozai) probably wanted to avenge her father and it would be interesting in the movie we could see Ursa (Zuko’s mother) for the first time not just in flashbacks.

But of course the movie will have to be in 2D animation (with a little bit of 3D when they use bending). They’ll probably find a new voice actor for an older Aang and hopefully the story within it might be a little bit darker like Legend of Korra but also with some antics.

Hyriu 85 Reply:

Actually the original voice acter would be about the right age since ATLA ended in 2008 and the movie if made would be in 2013 or 2014

14. AJ(Airbender) Said: Comment by AJ(Airbender) on August 19, 2012 at 11:14 am | Permalink

if M. Night Shyamalan isn’t making it Im all for it! I just dont want another Avatar movie ruined by him.

A Movie would be sooooo awesome if they did it right!!

15. Azula Said: Comment by Azula on August 19, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

That would be awesome ! 😮 And don’t forget “The Search” books that will be coming out..

Mandatruco Reply:

Yeah! Tough I doubt it will happen in a near future.. having the comics and all..

Mandatruco Reply:

Yeah! Though I doubt it will happen in a near future.. having the comics and all..

16. Azula Said: Comment by Azula on August 19, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Hope the movie won’t be an epic fail like M. Night’s “The Last Airbender”! If it’s animated, I’m all for it!

Troy Reply:

I agree, as long as it is animated it will be good.

zutara Reply:

hopefully, no one thinks that it is the same as his and decide not to see it

Troy Reply:

Firstly I am a Kataraang. Secoundly you are right this is diffrent thing ever from M. Nights and should be treated with a new mind. I like feel Aangs pain in A318 when the screen Katara says Aang is like a little brother.

17. John Said: Comment by John on August 21, 2012 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Live action movie for legend of korra would be great.

Troy Reply:

We all seem to disagree with people, lighting, effects, live action. What is your reasoning?

18. Narisa Said: Comment by Narisa on August 21, 2012 at 8:48 am | Permalink

AWESOME! XD

19. Hugh Said: Comment by Hugh on August 22, 2012 at 10:20 am | Permalink

SOMETHING JUST OCCURRED TO ME: if this film does happen, I imagine the Track Team will compose the soundtrack, and since it’s a film, they will probably release the music! Wouldn’t that be brilliant? Then we would at least have an Avatar soundtrack, and if that sells well, it might encourage Nickelodeon to release a soundtrack for the series’.

Ricardo Reply:

It’ll create a domino effect and the Avatar franchise shall be unstoppable! Muahahaha! 😀

Yes, I agree. That’ll be great.
    Here’s hoping that the movie gets approved. 🙂

Droc Plug Reply:

The unbeatable domino effect!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Hugh Said: Comment by Hugh on August 22, 2012 at 10:31 am | Permalink

YES. IT SHALL HAPPEN!

21. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 23, 2012 at 6:46 am | Permalink

I agree, I have heard more people talk about movies than tv. Why, because people go to dates at the movies and see ads on whatever tv station they watch. The movie will spreed the word of Avatar. It amazes me at most thirty people are on this page on a daily bases and not more, the show is great right.

22. Hugh Said: Comment by Hugh on August 23, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Do you mean 3D as in “Toy Story/pixar” computer animation, or 3D as in putting-glasses-on 3D?

Eric Reply:

Yeah 3D as in CGI but when I think of it, it would be kind of weird but interesting. I’m not sure about the glasses although it might get the wow feeling.

Avatar Amanda Reply:

If they make a movie and put it in 3d, millions of avatar fans would go to the midnight premiere. I wonder what the glasses would look like because usually they are themed for only the midnight premier like how the Harry Potter movies had round 3d glasses. Or it would be cool I they passed out element themed 3d glasses. 🙂

Hugh Reply:

I think that would ruin it. We all know Avatar and Korra as a hand drawn animation with a few bits of CGI here and there. But I don’t think that would happen since Mike and Bryan are largely influenced by Anime and admire the hand drawn techniques(and so do I). So they probably won’t switch to 100% CGI in the foreseeable future. Anyway, it would be pretty amazing to see a hand drawn animation in the Cinema, since it seldom happens these days.

23. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on August 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

it would be AMAZING if this came out…but unfortunately it would take forever to animate, like Disney-Pixar long. they take 3-5 per movie, although of course, all their movies are classics

Hugh Reply:

3-5 years per movie? Maybe for Pixar, but I’m not sure that stands for hand drawn animated films. Japan’s Studio Ghibli make traditional animation and they only take about 1-2 years.

24. Spiritual Monk Kuzan Said: Comment by Spiritual Monk Kuzan on August 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Sounds like a plan

25. Hugh Said: Comment by Hugh on August 27, 2012 at 7:10 am | Permalink

No, I am certain they won’t use the Korra book 1 plot, that would be pointless, it would just be like doing the same thing again but with parts missing. They would not waist there time on that.

26. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 28, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

I agree M. Night doesn’t work on Avatar from experences.

27. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 28, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Agreed.

28. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on August 28, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

When I watched LOK bk1 it seemed easaly like a movie. Making it a movie may do glory to the storyline.