The Search Part 3 cover Revealed + Part 2 Page

Part 3

Wondercon 2013 news. There was a Avatar comics panel at the event and some news has come out, all of this comes via comicbookresources

First of all is the cover for The Search Part 3 which as you can see looks amazing, just like all of Team Gurihiru’s work.

Part 3

The next piece of news would be a page from The Search Part 2.

Page

The obvious question about this image is is this in Azula’s mind or does Ursa make her long awaited appearance in this book. I am leaning towards it being in Azula’s head, but it could go either way.

Not much else was said of interest, beyond Gene Yang answering some questions, but many of which he had already answered in my own interview with him a few weeks ago.

Thoughts on the new comic info.

Ask the Director, a Discussion with M. Night Shyamalan
New comic series announced - The Rift
Brittney Williams announced as Korra Comics artist!
ATLA panel at SDCC on Sunday July 24th, Korra not mentioned.

1. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on April 8, 2013 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

WOAH the part 3 cover is fantastic!!

Troy Reply:

I would note despite the art it doesn’t have Ursa.

2. Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on April 8, 2013 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

Cooooooool!
    Azula’s probably hallucinating, because to me, Ursa looks a little washed out…Just my thinking.
    And Ursa says “…Give up this futile quest…”, which can either mean they’re still searching for Ursa, or Ursa’s talking about Azula going after the throne.
    Azula was sleeping next to a tree, covered with a blue blanket. That was were The Search part 1 left off: Zuko covers Azula with a BLUE blanket, and so on. So Ursa’s most likely (I could be wrong) talking about Azula and the others finding her.
    But that wouldn’t make sense; I don’t think Ursa would intentionally say “Don’t find me” to Azula.
    And now I’ve just remembered that I thought Azula was hallucinating. Or dreaming. Now all my previous theories I thought of are wrong!
    …I’m thinking too hard. >_<

Meelo Reply:

Defiantly hallucinating again, Ursa’s clothing is too royal and fire nation to be not a hallucination, if she was alive (God knows about that) then she wouldn’t be in royal fire nation wear. Unless she is dead and this is her spirit…. which i doubt.

FireSageGuntur Reply:

I completely agree. If it weren’t a dream, Ursa would not be dressed in royal fire nation garb. I expect she would be in more plain clothing if she was living an ordinary life.

Meelo Reply:

IF!? Gosh I really can not wait for The Legend of Korra and The Search part 2… OOOOOH my… the suspense is killing me. I really feel though that the release date for korra is imminent.

Many of the voices for LOK have been hinting to a Early April, yet is this for a release, or a trailer, or eve a release date?!

I assume it is more of a release date or trailer and we need that before it actually comes out. Whatever it is I hope it hurries its self up!!

3. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on April 8, 2013 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

Cool!
    I think it’s just like the thing with Ursa in the mirror… minus the mirror.

4. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on April 8, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

The cover looks stunning!

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

indeed

5. who-cares Said: Comment by who-cares on April 8, 2013 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

I’m starting to think it’s not a hallucination, but Ursa’s spirit that Azula is seeing. Ursa herself is either in the spirit world or dead.

That makes me wonder though, it seems Azula has a destiny, what is it?

Meelo Reply:

Read my comment above about it having to be a hallucination, also every time we see a character from the spirit word in either the comics or LOK or the Avatar world as a whole, they are usually in that blueish hue.

HMMMM… I’d like to think she isn’t dead… :/

who-cares Reply:

Aang wasn’t in blue.

Meelo Reply:

Hence the use of the word “almost”

6. Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on April 9, 2013 at 6:17 am | Permalink

I am dieing for more Korra! TRAILER? I think this is an awesome cover and its just making me want Korra even more!!!! AAAAH

7. Thomas Said: Comment by Thomas on April 9, 2013 at 6:34 am | Permalink

Maybe it’s a dream

8. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on April 9, 2013 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Amazing, that’s only what I have to say.

9. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on April 9, 2013 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

wow, the covers just keep getting better and better 🙂

i also think that it could be the real ursa, but then again it could be a dream…

Pinkfire Reply:

I’m pretty sure it is the real Ursa…

MelonLordToph Reply:

would she be still wearing her fire nation robes

10. Pinkfire Said: Comment by Pinkfire on April 9, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

ASDFSGHJFGJHTYUIYUI! The cover is amazing! 😀

11. Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on April 10, 2013 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Another thing I’ve noticed is the background is rather foggy which would suggest she’s in a dream ?? Hmmm

12. bacon-and-tea Said: Comment by bacon-and-tea on April 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

Nothing ever seems to work out for Azula…on a side note, the art looks fantastic!

13. Combustion Girl Said: Comment by Combustion Girl on April 19, 2013 at 1:52 am | Permalink

LOOKS TOTALLY EPIC!!! 😀

14. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on April 21, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

The cover is gangster! That ain’t no joke you pranksters.

15. I_like_waffles Said: Comment by I_like_waffles on April 29, 2013 at 12:56 am | Permalink

Does anybody else think that Ursa’s hand creates a shadow on Azula’s face? Then again, if this scene is a dream then it doesn’t matter 🙂 Yay Avatar!

16. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on May 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

I think this is my favorite of the covers 🙂 LOVE IT

17. avataraang Said: Comment by avataraang on May 29, 2013 at 8:43 am | Permalink

OMG ,the new cover of AVATAR The Last Airbender The Search Part 3 Comic book ….

18. avataraang Said: Comment by avataraang on May 29, 2013 at 8:43 am | Permalink

amazing

19. Creepypastafan2000 Said: Comment by Creepypastafan2000 on June 6, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

EPIC but, the art looks completely different from the art in the show why!?! O_o

Simple, because this is a comic not an animated show.
    The shows animation style works very well for it’s medium, it has movement to make it look great.
    While with comics you do not have that movement so you need a detailed and expressive art style combined with an ability to give some level of dynamism to still images. I think Team Gurihiru does this well.

Basically the difference is not a mistake it is on purpose, artistic licence due to a different medium.

20. MelonLordToph Said: Comment by MelonLordToph on July 8, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

he cover is epic full on firebending go avatar!!

21. Korra Said: Comment by Korra on August 23, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Permalink