The Search Part 1 release date Announced – March 20th 2013

The Search Part 1

Yes, new news at last. Though not from New York Comic Con, these appear to just be from Dark Horses latest solicitations for upcoming releases.

Here is the source, http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/10/12-1/dark-horse-schedules-avatar-the-last-airbenderthe-search-clamp-and-more

Now on to the actual news,

Dark Horse have revealed when The Search Part 1 will be out, March 20th 2013, exactly 1 month after the release of The Promise Harcover collection.

Along with this we get confirmation on the cover

The Search Part 1

Finally we get the actual solicit

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER—THE SEARCH PART 1 TP
Gene Luen Yang (W), Michael Dante DiMartino (W), Bryan Konietzko (W), and Gurihiru (A/Cover)
On sale Mar 20
FC, 80 pages
$10.99
TP, 6″ x 9″
For years, fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra have burned with one question—what happened to Fire Lord Zuko’s mother? Finding a clue at last, Zuko enlists the aid of Team Avatar—and the most unlikely ally of all—to help uncover the biggest secret of his life.
• This is the perfect companion to The Legend of Korra!
• The official continuation of Airbender from its creators!

The newest thing here would be, that Zuko finds a clue and that he is going to ask his friends to help.

Next year is shaping up so well for Avatar, multiple books and comics announced and Book 2 Spirits of Korra. 2013 is going to be The Year of Avatar.

What are your thoughts on this news ?

1. Avatar of Ricardo
    Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on October 14, 2012 at 4:33 am | Permalink

Awesome. Now I can tick off the days on my calendar. :P

Though has the price gone slightly down, compared to The Promise?

Nope, that is the price the books have always been.

My LCS charges the Us cover price in euros and it was €10.99

2. Avatar of AwesomeBender
    AwesomeBender Said: Comment by AwesomeBender on October 14, 2012 at 4:43 am | Permalink

Fantastic :D Hopefully book 2 will air not long after that :)

3. Selesnya Said: Comment by Selesnya on October 14, 2012 at 5:27 am | Permalink

march 2012? :p So it’s out already?! It should be 2013!
    I think the ally will be Azula since she is also on the cover and indeed very “unlikely”. :D

4. Avatar of Sarah
    Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on October 14, 2012 at 5:40 am | Permalink

@Airspeed did you mean 2013? I figure that is what you mean!

I CANT WAIT! I loved The Promise! I am sure i will love this one too!

5. sup homies Said: Comment by sup homies on October 14, 2012 at 6:51 am | Permalink

apparently they’re going back in time, so it should already be out!

6. Avatar of
    momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on October 14, 2012 at 7:07 am | Permalink

2013 @airspeed. come on now :P

7. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on October 14, 2012 at 7:15 am | Permalink

Lol wow really?? I asked the guy Friday at NYCC About the promise and he just said march… Not a specific date.. ah well

8. Avatar of
    momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on October 14, 2012 at 9:38 am | Permalink

where could zuko mom be? even june pet couldn’t find her????

Ricardo Reply:

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t exist. Since Nyla couldn’t seek out Aang either but then is was just due to the fact that his sense was disguised by the Lion Turtle.

Joey Reply:

Is Ursa on a Lion Turtle? O.O
    lol jk. it could be though… :P

Ricardo Reply:

I’d be quite disappointed if that was what happened to Ursa. :P

We have confirmation that the series will involve spiritual stuff, which would make sense given how Nyla could not locate Aang.
    The key thing is how and why is Ursa in some way related to spirits, unless it it to do with being related to Roku.

9. Avatar of Airspeed Prime
    Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on October 14, 2012 at 9:38 am | Permalink

3 ninjas right here, no need for that many corrections, plus I said later on in the post it was 2013, are some people only reading some of the post ;)

10. Avatar of KoolKorra
    KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on October 14, 2012 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Nice on “Year of the Avatar” Airspeed. This is the “Year of the Girl” with Korra, Merida, Katniss, and the Girl Scouts 100 anniversary.

Year of the Avatar, here we come!

11. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on October 14, 2012 at 10:48 am | Permalink

this is great news! i think 2013 year of the avatar is a nice touch 8-) i cant wait :D

12. Avatar of ultimate101avatar
    ultimate101avatar Said: Comment by ultimate101avatar on October 14, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Finnaly I thought they would never show this, but i gues they have to because in the end of avatar T.L.A Zuko said “where is my mother”

the bomerANG team is back

13. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on October 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

you can expect me to be there midnight release. :P

Ricardo Reply:

I’m not even sure if the store(s) will be open then… :o :P

14. Avatar of Callum Fryars
    Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on October 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Umm. I believe that 2013 is the year of Doctor Who! The 50th anniversary is in 2013!

That may be, but I think a comic series that may answer something we have been waiting years for, Book 2 of Korra and other merch beats out a yearly anniversary of the original Dr Who show especially when it is also the 30th anniversary of Return Of The Jedi. New Content beats out nostalgia for me.
    Plus this is AvatarTheLastAirbenderOnline not DoctorWhoOnline. The avatar year makes more sense.

Callum Fryars Reply:

Its not just nostalgia though. They are bringing back everyone Doctor and Companion from the past episodes next year.

Ok, but as I said Avatar Site and the most avatar stuff at one time we have ever gotten,
    Should I also add that there is a power rangers and Kamen Rider event coming up where every ranger and rider appears to mark an anniversary ;)

Callum Fryars Reply:

Seriously? I should watch that too! :D

I think it happened a year or two back, though always likely to happen again.

2013 The Year of Avatar is what I am sticking with
    -Book 2 Spirits
    -The Search Part 1 and I assume 2 and 3 also
    -Korra Young Novel Revolution and possibly the others
    -The Promise becomes the first Avatar comics to get the Hardcover treatment
    -SDCC 2013
    -The Podcast will have it’s first Birthday
    -Avatar The Last Airbender turns 8 and The Finale has it’s 5th Birthday
    -The Legend Of Korra Turns 1
    -This Site’s 3rd anniversary

So I am pretty excited for Avatar Stuff next year more than anything else :)

FireSageGuntur Reply:

You like Doctor Who as well Callum? These are my two favorite shows, tied for favorite, so I guess that makes this the year of the just-pure-epic-groovy-awesomeness for me :P

Allons-y!!!!

Callum Fryars Reply:

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO!

FireSageGuntur Reply:

As do I my friend! It’s interesting, I’ve encountered a good many Who fans on this site. I guess Doctor Who and Avatar have certain mutual appealing qualities. Or you could just say that they’re both just awesome. :P yeah, I think I’ll go with that….

15. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on October 14, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Permalink

OH MY GOSH! ive been telling people around that this will be coming out soon at it is!! :D im soooo thrilled! (: <3 im not gonna be able to get the hardcover The Promise in 2 days but the wait will be worth it! i just got my promise pt 3 and art of the animated. <3 so ive been reading that lol.

16. fernando rodrigez Said: Comment by fernando rodrigez on October 15, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

2013? to bad that world ends at 21 december 2012

Joey Reply:

not nessecarily. it just means something big is going to happen, like aliens teaching us how to bend the elements again :P , or someone building a time machine (more than likely actually). its just that its most likely that something big and bad will happen to ppls.

17. Avatar of ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~
    ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on October 16, 2012 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Woohoo!!! Its earlier than i thought. YAY!!!

18. Avatar of Narisa
    Narisa Said: Comment by Narisa on October 17, 2012 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Oooh! A must have item! xD

19. Avatar of HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader)
    HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on October 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Permalink

This is so exciting to the point that I think we should make a sign up list for “The Search Trivia” if Airspeed decides to do one lol.

1. AM789 < 1st equalizer to join trust me :P

Do I know anything about comics, well it's Ricardo's job to impart me with the knowledge of the Avatar comics with his energybending!

Well it is going to be like 13 months probably before the series is complete and all 3 parts are out. The list may be premature, but I will most likely be doing a special trivia for The Search.

20. Avatar of Meelo
    Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on October 18, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

What does it mean when it says ‘The official continuation of Airbender from its creators!’

Kinda confused, MAYBE I’m a wee bit tired. Its late here in the UK.

21. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on October 20, 2012 at 12:07 am | Permalink

i know that this part prob wont show ursa. but i cannot wait to see mother and son reuniting. plus i have a strange feeling that azula MIGHT become good. all her anger stems from the point of her mother favoring zuko over her. maybe if azula lets all her thoughts out to her mother, maybe all that negative energy will go away?

Joey Reply:

I’ve got a theory about this. At the end of promise part 3 (nonspoiler) you see Ozai being pushed in a wheelchair behind Zuko while he is talking with Azula, then in the mirror Azula looks exactly like her father in the wheelchair in the reflection. I think it could be some foreshadowing about how Azula is going act during the plot. maybe Zuko will be influenced by Azula like he was with Ozai? maybe she becomes just like him? Anyway: theres plenty of proof that the two wheelchairs are different. maybe its not intentional and im just crazy. :P

avatarkorra Reply:

Oi dont think that was Ozai being pushed in the weelchair behind Zuko…. i think i was Aluza being pushed in…

Joey Reply:

i got the notion that Zuko was speaking to Azula while this mystery wheelchair guy was riding in the background.

22. Avatar of Korra Watermaster
    Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on October 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

this will be my late birthday gift to myself lol. cant wait to get this in march cus i really want to know what happen to zuko’s mom

23. Avatar of avatarhaley
    avatarhaley Said: Comment by avatarhaley on October 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

I am so excited

24. Avatar of Jon
    Jon Said: Comment by Jon on October 29, 2012 at 10:58 am | Permalink

Well I know what’s going to be on my birthday list next year :)

25. Avatar of kewlkat124
    kewlkat124 Said: Comment by kewlkat124 on November 7, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

I’m bored so I decided to say something…. x]

26. Avatar of Pabuxlove64
    Pabuxlove64 Said: Comment by Pabuxlove64 on November 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Awesome! Can’t wait! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

27. Avatar of
    Roach Said: Comment by Roach on November 11, 2012 at 2:27 am | Permalink

COOOOOOOOOOL

28. Avatar of Joyful
    Joyful Said: Comment by Joyful on November 29, 2012 at 6:01 am | Permalink

the date for the release is far ooooooo