The Search Hardcover revealed

Thanks to the monthly comic previews we now know that there will be a Hardcover edition of The Search comic series.

The Search Hardcover

According to the preview it is out 2/5/2014, February 5th 2014.

(W) Gene Luen Yang & Various (A/CA) Gurihiru
The biggest mystery of Avatar-the fate of Fire Lord Zuko’s mother-is revealed in this remarkable oversized hardcover collecting parts 1-3 of The Search, from Airbender creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko!Featuring annotations by Eisner Award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese) and artistic team Gurihiru (Thor and the Warriors Four), and a brand-new sketchbook, this is a story that Avatar fans need in an edition they will love!
So this means it is going to be the same style of The Promise Hardcover. The pages will be bigger than the single parts, but there will be a border around them and certain pages will have annotations from Gene Yang and Team Gurihiru, plus a couple of pages of concept art for the comics.
I am really excited for this as I loved this first hardcover, it was a very impressive book and since The Search is an extremely important story in the Avatar Universe I will be picking this up for sure. The new cover looks great too, I really like the decision to have the characters on a white background with the scenery around the edges of the cover.
The Search Part 3 (final part) will be out October 30th this year in comic stores. With this hardcover out February 5th next year.

Why You Should Be Excited For The Promise Part 3 !
Avatar Legacy Book cover revealed
January Dark Horse Solicits - Smoke and Shadow Part 3 and Korra Statue
The Legend of Korra Poster Collection Announced

1. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on September 17, 2013 at 11:21 am | Permalink

ITS SO BEAUTIFUL! i had read on Tumblr that someone was mad because the cover of the comics didnt show Azula as part of the group, just shoved in the dark background.. I dont think they are mad now! (: everyone just looks so boss here!!

2. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on September 17, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Is Aang going to do the splits?

Just a wide stance.

Nico Robin Reply:

technically every one but katara is in a wide stance.

Hannah230 Reply:

omg he is!!

3. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on September 17, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Awesome, i love the art

4. Nico Robin Said: Comment by Nico Robin on September 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

I love that they use a lot more light colors rather then dark.

5. Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on September 17, 2013 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait!!

6. Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on September 17, 2013 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Is it just me, or are the colors a little off?

It is just a scan put together for really advanced previews, I assume some edits will be done in the 4 and a half months to release.

7. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on September 17, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Once again, i don’t know whether to get the Search part 2 and 3 or to get the hardcover itself and try to get rid of part 1

8. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on September 17, 2013 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

i wonder how much this will cost, im still working on getting the promise hardcover series 😛

40 dollars is the retail price, but Amazon will probably have it for around 25-35.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

ahh, that will be much more affordable.

do you know when it will be up for pre-order?

9. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on September 18, 2013 at 8:57 am | Permalink

10. Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on October 19, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

I can’t wait to read it. I’m going to love it ^.^ I hope.