The Rift Part 3 8 Page Preview

Thanks to Edelweiss we now have the 8 page preview for The Rift Part 3, the final part of The Rift Trilogy. The book is scheduled to be released November 5th 2014.

TheRiftPart3-1

TheRiftPart3-2

TheRiftPart3-3

TheRiftPart3-4

I think this book is shaping up very well, lots of character moments in this 8 page preview. I doubt this is everything with Toph and her parents, but it is a nice emotional moment to have between Toph and her father.

Thoughts?

Community Opinion: You are the Writer of an Unaired Episode Of Avatar
Avatar The Last Airbender The Promise Part 3 Review
ATLA Episode Reviews - 318-321
Smoke and Shadow Library Edition coming in September

1. Appa Your Flying Bison Said: Comment by Appa Your Flying Bison on September 1, 2014 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

I think with that second last set I’m convinced sataru is one of toph’s love interests

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

Me too. Compareing Su’s hair with Satoru’s, they are pretty similar…

Appa Your Flying Bison Reply:

0.0 just noticed. Also what do you think made them break up?

Avatar Wan Reply:

I would say that is a very good theory.

2. GoodGuy Said: Comment by GoodGuy on September 1, 2014 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

The Dark One resembles one of Su’s kids… whacky twist?!!! Probably not… lol

3. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on September 2, 2014 at 3:59 am | Permalink

Aang – No Katara, I just wanted to hear your voice! (: Awe <3 I love how their relationship had grown.

4. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on September 2, 2014 at 7:05 am | Permalink

this is the reason i love these comics, we get a brand ( Darkhorse ) that gives up most respect to Mike and Bryan.. and these comics feel like they continue ATLA. Toph has this deep emotional talk with her dad that she ran away from to just be herself. she isnt a little helpless girl, Toph invented metalbending.. you gotta be tough to do this people.. lol

5. Tom Said: Comment by Tom on September 2, 2014 at 8:23 am | Permalink

Toph’s parents are divorced ?

QuadL Reply:

no, he never said divorced, separated and estranged seem more of a fit. We do know that Toph seems to be forgiving him in her own way while establishing a new relationship dynamic on her grounds with him too.

6. Tumas Said: Comment by Tumas on September 2, 2014 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Wow, so Toph’s actions had more far-reaching consequences on her family back home than we realised. As unfortunate as it is, it’s actually quite a realistic reaction to have a runaway child eliciting those feelings among parents.

Hearing Toph mentioning sending Suyin to her grandparents in ‘Korra’ Book 3 would strongly hint at them reuniting and sorting things out at one point, though.

Well, really looking forward to see how this trilogy wraps up now!

Any news regarding a possible fourth trilogy, by the way? Going by the previous two trilogies, there should have been sort of news or confirmation by the time the third part is about to be released.

Avatar Wan Reply:

More comics has been confirmed in an Avatar Wikia interview with the creators. Starting at 9:55 http://video.wikia.com/wiki/File:Avatar_The_Legend_of_Korra_-_SDCC_2014_Creators_Interview

Tumas Reply:

Brilliant! Thanks!

7. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 2, 2014 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

well that was just the previews and Im tearing up!

8. PurplePlatypusBear Said: Comment by PurplePlatypusBear on September 2, 2014 at 6:41 pm | Permalink

Wow,that scene with her dad actually made me tear up. And also, I think it makes perfect sense that Satoru is Lin’s dad because his hair kind of resembles hers and Sokka is Su’s dad because her skin tone (and Skrillex’s) match water tribe.

QuadL Reply:

Also Sokka is brother to Katara who is married to Anng who is father to Tenzin… making it highly unlikely that Lin would date her relative.
    Even so, there is nothing in the current flow of this plot to suggest that Sokka would even be with Toph as anything other than a close friend. Heck, even now Toph is already moving in Satoru’s orbit so I think we’ll have to look elsewhere for Daddy #2.

9. Avatar Wan Said: Comment by Avatar Wan on September 3, 2014 at 7:07 pm | Permalink

All the comics have been spectacular! So much character development and the storytelling is great just like the series. Can’t wait for the Rift part 3 and beyond.

10. Phoenix King Said: Comment by Phoenix King on September 7, 2014 at 5:02 am | Permalink

I will wait till November 5. I read the whole thing in one piece. So no predictions or anything. Its much fun that way….