The Rift Part 1, 8 page preview

As I am sure you all know, the first part of the next ATLA comic series, The Rift is out on March 5th in comic stores and March 18th in book stores. We at last have a preview thanks to previewsworld.

The Rift 1

The Rift 2

The Rift 3

The Rift 4

The Rift 5

The Rift 6

The Rift 7

The Rift 8Based on these 8 pages, this is exactly what I was looking for. Air Nomad culture, Toph and her parents and flashbacks. I think this is going to be a good series.

Thoughts?

The Promise Part 2 Tops the Charts
Mai Free Comic Book Day 2013 comic description.
Korra comic due out Fall 2016
Free Comic Book Day 2016 Info - Free Korra Comic Available this Saturday

1. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on January 17, 2014 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Omigosh this is so amazing I can’t wait for it to come out

2. Karis Said: Comment by Karis on January 17, 2014 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

Wow, I thought that Yang Chen lived through an era of peace, I would never imagine she battled a dark spirit. And the thing with Toph… This is surely going to be interesting. I can’t wait!

jason Reply:

Yangchen was the one who created that era of peace, and was actually known for enforcing that peace in whatever ways necessary. It was said that she was willing to do whatever necessary to maintain the balance as the avatar. the peace lasted after her death. so it doesnt surprise me that she battled a great evil

3. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on January 17, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Yes. Yes. Yes. Toph and her parents, more younger Toph. Moral dilemma. And then I realized this is just the preview, not the most revealing parts usually.

4. Sifu Katara Said: Comment by Sifu Katara on January 17, 2014 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

I could already tell that this is going to be perfect! 😀 I can’t wait!!

5. F.L.Z Said: Comment by F.L.Z on January 18, 2014 at 12:29 am | Permalink

wow.Amazing.I really love to know what reaction Toph would have when she heard what Aang said there.

Katara Reply:

I also wanted to know, I can’t wait!!!!!!!

6. greeneyes Said: Comment by greeneyes on January 18, 2014 at 6:42 am | Permalink

This is what I had been longing for: Air Nomad culture/history! Apart from the few flashbacks of the show and Air Temple ruins, out of the 4 cultures, the Air Nomads were the least portrayed in the show for obvious reasons.

Loved the realistic touch of Aang as a young kid skipping the history to go kite-flying!

And I hope Toph gets the closure we never saw in the series as regards her relationship with her parents.

7. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on January 18, 2014 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Wow cant wait! I love the comics and this one seems interesting. 🙂

8. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on January 18, 2014 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

very cool. 🙂

9. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on January 18, 2014 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

LOV IT

10. Julia Said: Comment by Julia on January 18, 2014 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

OMG IM SO EXCITED! THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

11. irene Said: Comment by irene on January 18, 2014 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

Yangchen CREATED an era of peace 200 years after her death and its implied she killed people (likely, y’know warlords) to achieve this.

12. DragonMoose134 Said: Comment by DragonMoose134 on January 20, 2014 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Anyone else notice mini sokka in Toph’s flashbacks?????

Troy Reply:

Yes. Weird.

A possible way to explain her brief crush on Sokka?
    It would make for nice continuity.

Wait I completely forgot about her being blind, lol. Just like everyone in the show.

stefan Reply:

She sees people with her feet. 🙂

F.L.Z Reply:

LOL

13. stefan Said: Comment by stefan on January 20, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Interesting. Suki is not on Appa with the rest of Team Avatar.

14. avataraang Said: Comment by avataraang on January 21, 2014 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

i cant wait for this series to come out

15. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on January 22, 2014 at 11:01 am | Permalink

These graphic novels are great because we can get closure on so many things and still learn a lot of new stuff about the characters we know and love

16. Shiney Said: Comment by Shiney on January 23, 2014 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

In addition to the preview pages, someone posted a picture of the backcover for The Rift part 1: http://loklegends.tumblr.com/post/74041988689/check-out-this-back-cover-of-the-upcoming-comic

17. P.K.Z Said: Comment by P.K.Z on March 27, 2014 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

I,ve haven,t read the rift yet but it sounds cool.I,m happy that we will learn more about yangchen and toph,because thy are the only avatar and main character that we don,t know anything about their past.