The Legend Of Korra Video Game Out Today on Steam, PS3 and PS4, Tomorrow on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

The_Legend_of_Korra_(Platinum_Games)_video_game_cover

After many months of waiting at last The Legend Of Korra Video Game is out.

The_Legend_of_Korra_(Platinum_Games)_video_game_cover

Today October 21st sees the game release on Steam for PC as well as the PSN store for Playstation 3 and 4. It will be out tomorrow October 22nd for Xbox 36o and Xbox One on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Steam has a countdown timer until the game is available for purchase, looks like it will be later on when it is up.

This is a downloadable game made by Platinum Games, so you won’t be able to find this in any physical store. The Price is $14.99, but may vary depending on where you get it. It is primarily a 3rd person fighting game where you play as Korra and use all 4 elements to fight enemies including Chi Blockers and Triads, the aim of combat is to execute big combos and special moves. There are also some levels where you are on Naga running through the city and a Pro Bending game also.

This game does also feature a brand new canon story written by Tim Hedrick and approved by Mike and Bryan, it is set in between Book 2 Spirits and Book 3 Balance. Korra must deal with an enemy of on of the past Avatars who has been unleashed now that the spirit portals are open.

I will be reviewing this game for the site, but I have to get it on Xbox 360 so I won’t have it until tomorrow, but expect my review to be up before Friday. There may also be a podcast review either this weekend or next weekend.

When you play the game make sure to discuss it on our forums

1. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on October 21, 2014 at 4:37 am | Permalink

I am on steam and it says coming soon and today’s date. I thought it would be available at the beginning of today.

Andrzej Reply:

Unfortunatly not

2. Avatar of 北方拓芙
    北方拓芙 Said: Comment by 北方拓芙 on October 21, 2014 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Apparently the 3DS game is out exactly one week from now according to amazon.com. Still nothing on a European release.

Saw that, but Nintendo games always come out on Fridays, given that there is no info on the 3ds game I assume it is not out that day.

toasty! Reply:

Looks like it is true, the 28th straight from Nintendo:

Hmm, wonder why it is getting a NA release, but it has not even been confirmed for anywhere else. Perhaps it will be made available on the eshop everywhere and only North America is getting a physical release.

北方拓芙 Reply:

“Perhaps it will be made available on the eshop everywhere and only North America is getting a physical release.”
    ___

Sure hope so. ‘Cause otherwise we’re screwed.

3. Avatar of ThePreciseClimber
    ThePreciseClimber Said: Comment by ThePreciseClimber on October 21, 2014 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Obviously can’t wait to play it tomorrow. Beat em’ up combat by Platinum, canon story written by Tim, what more could you ask for? Well, maybe a soundtrack by Jeremy. Any idea if he composed it?

I would assume they are just using the soundtrack from the show. So I doubt there are any new pieces for the game, but who knows until we see the credits and play it.

4. Drew Said: Comment by Drew on October 22, 2014 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

The game is not bad at all, definitely a good amount of content for the price. If anyone knows how to get those “Secret Codes” within the game please share! Thanks =)

To unlock Cosmic Blue Korra go to that outline and enter up, up, down, down and light attack button
    To Unlock Chi Blocker Korra go to that outline and enter up, down, up, heavy attack, light attack, heavy attack
    To unlock the talisman enter this code in the shop Right, Right, Left, Left, Light Attack

5. Drew Said: Comment by Drew on October 23, 2014 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Awesome! Thanks Airspeed, how did you find this out? Was it something you had to do in game?

I found them through much searching online, apparently the codes were given out at NYCC and some people just put them online thankfully, otherwise how would I beat up triads as a glowing blue Korra?

ThePreciseClimber Reply:

The entire experience would be ruined without that… :P