The Legend Of Korra UK Release Month Announced – May

The_Legend_of_Korra_opening_logo

The_Legend_of_Korra_opening_logo

As I am sure most of you know, I have been in constant contact with Nick Uk about the Uk premiere of Korra (Yes, Uk/Ireland have not gotten Korra yet at all).

They, unlike Nick America, have actually been very helpful with their replies.

Last month I was told to message them this month and they would more than likely have news for me. Well just minutes ago I got the reply back and here is what they have to say.

Hi Morgan! Yes, we’ve got some good news for you – Avatar: The Legend of Korra starts on Nickelodeon here in the UK in May. :)

We’re really sorry for the delay, but we hope you’ll agree that the series was worth waiting for! We’ll be showing Book 1 to begin with, and although it’s a bit too soon to talk about Book 2, we hope that we’ll be able to show it fairly close to its US airdates. Can’t promise – we’ll have to see what happens. Fingers crossed! :)

I hope this answers your question, and that you enjoy the show.

All the best,

Ant
Nickelodeon!

So Korra premieres Uk and Ireland in May, I assume the exact date will be announced closer to the time. They mention Book 2 because I asked what their plan was for it, but as you can see all they know is that they will more than likely be able to show it around the same time as America. I.E Uk will have caught up on Korra and the Book 2 premiere will be more worldwide.

Note/ http://www.nick.co.uk/shows/avatar/
The Nick Uk site mentions May 12th at 9am as being the next Avatar thing on air, but there is no mention of this being Korra. It more than likely is May 12th though.

I asked about this on their site and here was the response

Hi Morgan! Ah, well spotted.. We don’t usually announce exact dates until a show is closer to transmission, but yes, that might be The Legend of Korra. J

We might still move it, so please don’t shout at us if it changes – but whatever happens it’ll definitely be on in May!

All the best,

Ant

Nickelodeon!

I for one am so glad to see Nick Uk telling me this, explaining their decisions and answering the fans. So May 12th may very well be the date, but if it is not then it is definitely May.

Great news for UK and Irish fans, thoughts ?

1. Avatar of Avelda
    Avelda Said: Comment by Avelda on April 2, 2013 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

That’s awesome! I hadn’t realized that Korra hadn’t premiered yet in the UK. That’s great for you guys, and great for the creators. I can guarantee Korra will get a nice amount of new fans after it shows! :)

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

me 2, i thought that korra was already premiered in UK. still the news are exciting

2. Avatar of Avatar M
    Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on April 2, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

That’s great news for you guys in the UK! :)

3. Avatar of Spiritbending Bison Avatar
    Spiritbending Bison Avatar Said: Comment by Spiritbending Bison Avatar on April 2, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

this is pretty good news for the USA i guess because now we have a rough estimate for when book 2 will air

congratulations UK :D

Pinkfire Reply:

That’s exactly what I was thinking :3

4. Avatar of Callum Fryars
    Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on April 2, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

I’m really surprised they were so nice and open. Maybe Nick USA can learn a lesson from this! :)

5. Avatar of Pinkfire
    Pinkfire Said: Comment by Pinkfire on April 3, 2013 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH.

So we don’t have to wait 100 years before the next season :)

6. Avatar of Leaping Lemur13
    Leaping Lemur13 Said: Comment by Leaping Lemur13 on April 14, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

This is cool. Then Book 2 should come out in the fall, maybe?

7. Avatar of bloodbendingkirito95
    bloodbendingkirito95 Said: Comment by bloodbendingkirito95 on April 17, 2013 at 11:28 am | Permalink

this is freakin awesome cant wait cos its gonna be good
    ya know what i mean

8. Jordan Davies Said: Comment by Jordan Davies on April 17, 2013 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Well they’re a year late but better late then never and even though I have already watched the episodes I still want to show my support and will watch them live so that it will less likely they air Book 2

9. Jordan Davies Said: Comment by Jordan Davies on April 17, 2013 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Well they’re a year late but better late then never and even though I have already watched the episodes I still want to show my support and will watch them live so that it will be more likely they air Book 2

10. Jeremy thrasher Said: Comment by Jeremy thrasher on April 28, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

when does book 2 of Ledgend of Korra come out in the united states? please reaply back.