The Legend Of Korra Book 3 Change Art Book Announced

Who would have thought it, Dark Horse would be the ones to give us our next Book 3 Change Update. Amazon.com have put up a product listing for the Book 3 Change Art Book.

KorraBook3ArtBook

This has come from absolutely nowhere given that it was only a few weeks ago when the Book 2 Spirits Art Book was announced. The listing reveals a cover as well as a date for the book’s release. Amazon is saying that the book is coming out January 2oth 2015 which is just under 9 months from now. It is also a Tuesday which means that the comic store release date will be January 7th 2015.

The most interesting thing though, is what this means for the actual airing of Book 3. At the very least this confirms that Book 3 will have aired in full before January which is really not news to anyone as no one is expecting it to air that late., but a good sign as it shows some organising of product post Book 3. The image itself seems to confirm that at some stage Korra will visit the Northern Air Temple and will get her own glider! Book 3 seems like it will explore a lot of the Avatar World.

There is not a massive amount to say about the book itself considering we know very little about Book 3 full stop, but it being announced so early is a very good sign for Nick/Dark Horse giving Avatar/Korra merchandise a lot more attention.

Thoughts?

Sifu Kisu Back in Action for Legend of Korra, Plus Others
K410 Operation Beifong available on Amazon and Nick.com
Smoke and Shadow Part 1 Spoiler Review
Korra comic due out Fall 2016

1. Avatar Doug Said: Comment by Avatar Doug on April 29, 2014 at 9:19 am | Permalink

It looks like Korra is older and wiser

2. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on April 29, 2014 at 10:37 am | Permalink

That staff that she’s holding, is it an airglider?

Yup

Troy Reply:

Oh my Raava that is simular to Aangs second glider, which I guess was never ended.

Troy Reply:

Sorry for the similar spelling, I typed to fast.

the avatarek1011 Reply:

Imagine if it turns out to be Aang’s glider!

3. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on April 29, 2014 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

more release!!! This is interesting

4. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on April 29, 2014 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

classic avatar pose, and is that the northern air temple in the background? very good cover :mrgreen:

5. iroh'sniece Said: Comment by iroh'sniece on April 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Korra looks so epic!

Every pose is better when you have a staff to pose with, hence why Aang looks awesome in so many ATLA shots. About time Korra got a prop!!!

6. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on April 30, 2014 at 5:24 am | Permalink

Very cool, I do hope we see the Western Air Temple in book three, with the modern versions of the temples looking fantastic, that must look great. Also do we shave a cover for the book 2 art book, I thought the SDCC poster was just a place holder?

I am not too sure, I think it may be the final cover, but there are still many months to go until September.
    Seems weird that we go
    Book 1 – New art style cover
    Book 2 – Poster
    Book 3 – Back to the Book 1 cover style

Hyriu 85 Reply:

Yes it does and if that isn’t the final cover I find it odd that we get book three’s first.

7. P.K.Z Said: Comment by P.K.Z on May 1, 2014 at 1:59 am | Permalink

WOW!This is amazing!What a crazy art! 😀 😛 Oh I have a big question that makes my mind buzy.We’ve learned that If light or darkness be distroy,it will be grow again in the other one,and we all saw that korra distroys vatoo and refused with raava again.So that means that vatoo will grow in korra?

I suppose you can kind of explain it by saying that technically Unavaatu was in the Dark Avatar State (Fully bonded with a human) when he was defeated so I assume that would keep him away for 10,000 years until the next harmonic convergence.
    Raava was destroyed and Jinora sped up her revival, but Unavaatu was light bent, so I assume light will reign for many years before Vaatu begins to grow again.

P.K.Z Reply:

You think so?Well I thaught that the name of the book 3 is change,and that might be means that korra will change too because of the vatoo stuff.

8. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on May 7, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Does this confirm the book 2 artbook is done?

Didn’t bryan post a picture showing the print layout of Book 2, where he said it was effectively done.

9. rafa Said: Comment by rafa on May 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

what about Bolin, Mako, Asami and Tenzin. Do you think they`ve changed?
    and the fighting team, does there are going further to be tournaments?