The Legend Of Korra Book 1 Air DVD to be released May 21st (UPDATE February 8th)

image

According to http://shop.nick.com/The-Legend-of-Korra-Book-1/A/B009LDCUP0.htm as well as Amazon.com the Korra Book 1 Air DVD will be released May 21st 2013.

Update/ February 8th, it seems as I suspected this was just an “Amazon Date” both Amazon and shop.nick.com have removed the may 21st date and once again it is just a preorder. Coming Soon was what the dvd trailer said back in December, more than likely the release date would have to be sooner than May to be classed as “soon”.

image

It is hard to say for sure if this is the confirmed date as Amazon have been wrong before, but the official Nick shop listing it is as close to confirmation as we are going to get I think.

The image used here is also not yet confirmed to be the dvd cover, the image itself fits as a dvd cover IMO, though it lacks many of the usual features of a dvd cover such as any writing of what season it is.

In summary, take this with a slight grain of salt, do not be shocked if it changes. If it is true then Nick really need to work on their definition of the word “soon” how is 6 months “coming soon” ?

Thoughts ?

1. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on February 6, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

lots of news today! I pre-ordered this, so now I know which day to wait at the door for the mailman. :)

2. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on February 6, 2013 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

TODAY IS INSANE
    All this news in ONE day I cant believe it!! Also Its only like 15 dollars thats a STEAL

Mario Kart Ninja Reply:

Yeah, but I don’t think it has any special features. That’s always an issue for me. I’ll still get it though so I can watch it whenever I want on a TV!

It is confirmed that there are at least 6-7 full episode commentaries from voice actors, Mike and Bryan.

Mario Kart Ninja Reply:

OH RIGHT!!!!! I’m stupid. Totally gonna buy it now. Wow…I can’t believe I forgot that. So sorry. But STILL! Is there gonna be anything else besides the Commentaries like on the other DVDs? Cuz I don’t think so…

Unknown as of now, since the description does not mention any extras we clearly still have an extras description to come.

I would expect some form of small making of documentary and perhaps those making of a legend clips.

Our ranting seems to have paid off lol

Jadely Reply:

Lol you guys need to rant more often then :P

3. Avatar of Hyriu 85
    Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on February 6, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Permalink

3 seperate news posts in one day WOW!!! This is all so awsome and great and I hope that is not the DVD cover, It would be nice to get some new art like the ATLA DVD’s.

4. Inkasrain Said: Comment by Inkasrain on February 6, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

“Coming soon” is usually corporate-speak for “We’ll tell you when it’s ready.” I’m not surprised it’s so far off, but I do wonder what this means for season two.

5. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on February 6, 2013 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

what a day :) a lot of news, but i cant believe book 1 DVD comes out near the end of may while we have already known about this since…last year…

6. Avatar of KoolKorra
    KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on February 6, 2013 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

As much as i really want the dvds, there’s a chance i might wait for the special edition, which would have way more bonus features like avatar extras.

I wonder when Bryke is releasing avatar extras of Korra book 1.

7. Avatar of 10oop
    10oop Said: Comment by 10oop on February 7, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

good news.

8. Avatar of Alan_14_Belo
    Alan_14_Belo Said: Comment by Alan_14_Belo on February 8, 2013 at 7:03 am | Permalink

MUY BUENA NOTICIA

KoolKorra Reply:

Si! Yo tambien! pero ahora, Nick y Amazon no tienen la fecha :(

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Es por eso que siempre puedes pedir cosas en ebay …

Joey Reply:

le mie soldi e piccolo contare. non lo so posso acquisti.

9. Keval Said: Comment by Keval on February 8, 2013 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

I forgot about the fact that the DVD was coming “soon”. That’s a bit ludicrous if you ask me.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

thats just cuz its not soon enough..

10. Avatar of Callum Fryars
    Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on February 11, 2013 at 11:34 am | Permalink

BLU RAY!

11. Rob Said: Comment by Rob on February 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Amazon also had a blu-ray of it listed when I checked a few months ago. Although it had less information on the paper, compared to the DVD. Been waiting for it xD

Rob Reply:

Page*

12. kisame Said: Comment by kisame on February 23, 2013 at 2:15 am | Permalink

dvd update :-)

13. Free_Spirit Said: Comment by Free_Spirit on February 25, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

May 21st is the date on bestbuy.com. And, there’s also a listing for the Blu-ray version. :D

Also, it would seem that Nickelodeon is having their annual upfront tomorrow! An upfront is when a TV station announces new series/seasons. Last year on March 14th, they had their upfront and announced the premiere date for Book 1 of Korra. They MIGHT tell us when Book 2 is supposed to start airing tomorrow afternoon/evening! :D

I really would not trust bestbuy as a source for the DVD date, especially after Amazon and shop.nick.com both took down the May 21st date.
    So unless the date was revealed too soon I think it will be different.

Yep we are all excited for tomorrow at 4:30PM New York time, for what we assume as to be a Book 2 release date and Trailer. That is the exact sort of thing these upfront events are about.

Joey Reply:

tomorrow? really? you just made my day. :D

It is an expected announcement, not confirmed by any means.
    But it seems as if everything is leading up to a big announcement here, it makes no sense for them not to announce it.

Joey Reply:

oh i see. they’ve been holding back long enough, i hope they tell us what we want to hear.

14. Avatar of mysticsokka
    mysticsokka Said: Comment by mysticsokka on April 20, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

well its news