The Last Airbender will be 3D’ized

Fire Nation Ships The Last Airbender in 3D

Fire Nation Ships The Last Airbender in 3D

Watch Out! In The Last Airbender 3D version, fireballs will appear to jump out of the screen.

Looks like Paramount and M. Night Shyamalan have decided to create a 3D Version of The Last Airbender Live Action Movie. Ironically the same people who made Avatar by James Cameron into 3D are going to be the same company which makes The Last Airbender 3D (Stereo D is the company)

Although Avatar by James Cameron in 3D was the best 3D conversion i’ve seen so far it wasn’t really all that revolutionary, but still it was somewhat cool.

In 3D or not in 3D I can’t wait to see The Last Airbender by M. Night Shyamalan (and most fortunately the show is still set to be released July 2nd, the 3d conversion isn’t making any delays).

At the very least I hope the 3D conversion piques curiosity and boosts attendance so that an entire trilogy of The Last Airbender is ensured.

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

2nd Avatar The Last Airbender Trailer Release Full HD Version
My Thoughts on Firebenders must be Masters to Bend Fire from "within"
Interview with Aasif Mandvi (Admiral Zhao)
The Last Airbender Hits Theaters Tonight! Plus First Look at Azula

1. art Said: Comment by art on April 23, 2010 at 10:11 am | Permalink

I’ll stick to the 2D version. I tried “How to Train Your Dragon” in 3D and it made my eyes bleed 🙂

Plus with the 3 bucks I save on my ticket price I’ll only have to foot $17 for a small popcorn instead of the normal $20!

Yay!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

lol, yeah I think i’ll do the 2d first, but I might give the 3D a shot a 2nd time around, That’s some expensive popcorn where you’re from 🙂

2. d Said: Comment by d on April 23, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Permalink

I think that the 3D decision is good because of the extra money that it will bring in, sucks that its not true 3D and its just a conversion. But luckily the general public doesn’t even know what true 3D and converted 3D is, so they’ll go and pay the extra not giving a damn – which means more box office and more chance of a trilogy!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

true that

I didn’t even know there was a difference between “true 3d” and conversion.

Anything that’ll ensure the trilogy is a winner in my book 🙂

3. Moppa Said: Comment by Moppa on April 25, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ccccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnntttttttt wait!
    i shall take admins advice and see it twice!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Awesome 🙂

4. James Cameron Said: Comment by James Cameron on May 7, 2010 at 12:05 am | Permalink

The movie Avatar was made in 3D, not converted.
    This Last Airbender was made in 2D, and will be converted into 3D.

Modern 3D is not about fireballs popping out the screen. Hollywood has been doing that for at least 20 years already. The kind of 3D that James Cameron advocates is a full immersion; it’s about giving depth to a movie.

Movies made in 2D cannot be fully converted into 3D, because they were either not filmed accordingly or the graphics were not produced accordingly.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

I’ve heard that before, to be honest I didn’t think the 3D in James Cameron’s Avatar was all that phenomenal (I watched it on an IMax even) so I don’t expect much from the 3D in any movie that comes out in 3D. Oh well, hopefully Movie makers can come up with another cooler way to improve the medium, because 3D is definitely not it.

5. Brad3rs Said: Comment by Brad3rs on November 27, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

the 3d in the last airbender is really crap. i have a projector and 3d vision and it can make any film deep 3d. real 3d is goes deep into the screen and also out of the screen. the last airbender is just deep in the screen with nothing coming out. i can do that with nvidia 3d vision player with any film even old black and white ones at the click of a button. theres some fantastic bluray 3d movies out and even things like imax space station 3d are stunning to see on a home cinema setup. i also think that yes some things don’t need to be in 3d some thing do. it’s not about 3ding everything it’s more about wanting to see a film and thinking.. that needs to be seen in 3d or not, it’s just about the choice. sometimes a film doesnt need it. Sometimes it does. but when i watch a bluray 3d film on a projector at home the whole wall disappears and i am truly immersed.