Studio Mir Animating the last few episodes of Book 3 Change

We have not covered every single production update here with a news post because there have been a lot of small ones of late, but this one is pretty encouraging.

Book 2 logo

Mike on Tumblr mentioned that he and Bryan just recently visited Studio Mir in South Korea, an episode screening took place, but the key point is what Mike says in the post

The crew is hard at work animating the last few episodes of Book 3, but took a break for a screening.

We know from an interview The Track Team did last week that 6 episodes are more or less done, so this is a very good sign in terms of how soon we may see Book 3 Change.

The Track Team estimated that they may be done with work on Book 3 some time in the middle of the year, so that would mean estimated air dates would be in or around SDCC 2014. Nothing confirmed yet, but the progress of production is very promising considering where we were this far into our Book 2 wait. Who knows we may get a trailer soon!

First 3 Recordings of Avatar The Legend of Korra Completed, Interview with Andrea Romano (Voice Dire...
Korra Episode 11 “Skeletons In The Closet” clip
Yet Another Book 2 Image
Korra Premiere ratings and new episode title.

1. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on February 11, 2014 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

hopefully their plans wont change and they end up falling behind or something 😛

2. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on February 11, 2014 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

These progress reports are upsetting. Think about it. I am pist because they can give us these tidbits but we didn’t get any for book 2.

3. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on February 11, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

This is very promising I remember bryke saying that they air the show when a certain number of episodes are done. I think that when they have 8 episodes done they will start airing the show. I remember with the season one finale they said they worked on it up until a few days before it was aired.

4. Eliminator Said: Comment by Eliminator on February 12, 2014 at 9:01 am | Permalink

My prediction is still April/May. We’ll surely get more information at the Nickelodeon Upfront. If not, then I agree with the fall prediction, but in my opinion, they are soon ready to air. The last few episodes are probably in the later stages already.

5. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on February 12, 2014 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

My prediction is June/July.

I think we will probably get a trailer sometime in the next month or so, SDCC still remains the very interesting factor. In that we pretty much know there will be a panel, but if the show airs before it then we will not have gotten our usual concept art style panel for Book 3 and they would have to do the panel about a fairly early arc of episodes or something like that, maybe even Book 4. At the very latest I think it will air in September a year on from the Book 2 premiere, but that is the absolute latest I think.
    The key thing we are missing right now is our usual concept art stuff for the new characters/locations. I assume Korra Nation will start up soon and start showing this in the build up to our first Book 3 trailer.

6. TheMoonslayer Said: Comment by TheMoonslayer on February 12, 2014 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

I’m more inclined to believe we can expect a mid-year release, April/May or June/July at the latest. Many of my beliefs on this stem from the track team interview and while neither they nor even Mike and Bryan have any real say in when the show is released for them to be far enough along for both animation and sound design to be completed for half the season is a testament to how far along work on book 3 is. Is not as if the episodes are made one at a time either so it’s safe to assume that the 7 episodes that are as of yet incomplete are well into post-production themselves. They seem to have really picked up momentum without the Pierrot – Mir imbroglio so we may see book 3 sooner than we might have anticipated. While Upfront has certainly disappointed us before it could make sense to start getting concept art and trailers around mid march and for the book to begin airing mid to late spring. If this where to happen they could use SDCC in a similar way to how they used NYCC to do a more arc focused panel as with the Beginnings panel last year.

7. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on February 15, 2014 at 7:12 am | Permalink

well its all progress…..