Sneak Peak look at Suki in Avatar The Last Airbender Live Action Movie

Jessica Andres has been cast for a major role of Suki in Avatar The Last Airbender Live Action Movie

It looks like the casting decision has been made for Suki, a Warrior trained after the order of Avatar Kyoshi and leader of a group called the “Kyoshi Warriors”.”  So far I think the Casting Decision looks to be a good one, she looks pretty close to the show, Take a look at the cartoon and see what you think:

Suki in Kyoshi Paint

Suki in Kyoshi Paint

I guess if she’s in paint they could’ve chosen anyone lol, but I guess it matches pretty close to the “non-paint-suki version”

Suki Without Paint

Suki Without Paint

So I guess we’ll have to see how that turns out.”  All of the actors in the upcoming Avatar Live Action Movie are completely unknown to me so I think that will actually be a good thing.

Suki with the Kyoshi Warriors

Suki with the Kyoshi Warriors

Update! Looks like they’ve added a wallpaper of Suki in Kyoshi Paint check it out in our new Live Action Airbender Movie Wallpapers Page.

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

Avatar The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures Review
Korra wins IGN's best Animated Series and The Promise Hardcover Preview reveals extras
The Rift Part 1, 8 page preview
The Legend Of Korra Book 3 Change Art Book Announced

1. plude Said: Comment by plude on June 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Suki wasn’t even in the movie. There was merch for her like posters, jewelry, and toys, but she was absent for the movie. I saw a special showing last night.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I heard that as well, hopefully she’ll make it in the next movie.

sammie Reply:

Well my look on it was it wa sorta rushed, like it seemend in the movie they were trying to film the key point, the northern water tribe …beucase once they got there the movie slowed down a bit, mabey since she is earth kingdom they will waite for the next movie book 2 earth, idk just my look on it

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah it was pretty rushed, I think you’re right.

sammie Reply:

lol yeah, but still they could have extended the movie too, i mean it was like an hour and a half? make it two , it was good overall but i still wish suki was there,

Ricardo Reply:

Suki didn’t appear in The Last Airbender even though she was in Book 1 of ATLA was because of time constraints (according to M. Night Shyamalan). However, the movie only ended up being slightly over 100 minutes, plently of room to introduce Suki.

2. Kaishina Said: Comment by Kaishina on October 1, 2010 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Suki isn’t supposed to be in book 1 only book 2 so im glad he didnt screw that part up of all the things he did -_-. it was still a good movie but I think Steven Spielberg could have done a better job or at least someone different. I’ve only seen on good movie that he did the rest was pretty crappy.

Ricardo Reply:

Suki was introduced in Book 1 of ATLA, more specifically A104 – The Warriors of Kyoshi.

3. just a fan of avatar Said: Comment by just a fan of avatar on October 10, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

@ Kaishina, Suki is in the 4th chapter of book 1, right in the beginning when aang wants to ride those giant fish on kyoshi island. In my opinion it was important that they had added Suki in the first episode, I can forgive them that king boomy and jet where left out of it, because in the main story they don’t have a big role, but the kyoshi warriors and especially Suki should been in the movie.. Unforgivable that they placed the statue of Kyoshi in a random earth kingdom village, they should have sticked with the story or they should have left it out completely. The scene in the movie in that eath kingdom village is long enough to replace it with the real story of the kyoshi warriors, so I don’t get it why they replaced it for that stupid scene 😛

btw chapter 4:

4. Nuriko Said: Comment by Nuriko on November 12, 2010 at 8:32 am | Permalink

Thanks Jordash for this information! 🙂

5. woodzanager Said: Comment by woodzanager on November 14, 2010 at 11:16 am | Permalink

Yea it was pretty lame that they didn’t show suki because later on she becomes one of the main characters after all she is part of the gang after book 3: chapter 13 “the boiling rock part 2”. And nonetheless she turns out to be sokkas love interest by the end of the series.

6. woodzanager Said: Comment by woodzanager on November 14, 2010 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Oh yea one more thing I saw a video on youtube about when m. Night shymalin didn’t put them in the movie, he said he that they were his favorite characters from the show and he just shot to much footage of them for that reason. Which to me doesn’t make sense because he already shot the footage aso it wouldn’t. Have cost them that much extra to put them in the movie. And its not like the movie didn’t have room for them because it was only an hour and a half long.

7. Lexy Said: Comment by Lexy on November 17, 2010 at 1:21 am | Permalink

Bought the dvd today, and the kyoshi warriors are in the deleted scence! No lines, but you see them walking around, then freaking Sokka out haha

Admin / Jordash Reply:

That’s cool! I’ll have to check it out soon.

Lexy Reply:

scene*
    It was late when i typed that haha
    But yes, they are there! Waving the golden fans and just watching the group haha its good

8. Kitama Said: Comment by Kitama on December 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

This stinks when she and the other Kiyoshi Warriors were cut. It’s said he did end up filming them, but they were cut due to the fact the movie seemed to revolve around the Kiyoshi Warriors more than the main point. I say he should make a seperate movie just for the Kiyoshi Warriors, since Kiyoshi was one of the previous Avatars. The only thing they need to ofix is the freakin names…>.> It irritated the crap out of me when they pronounced Aang, Sokka and Iroh wrong. For the second movie, they better make sure Toph is just like her character in the series. Or I wont be watching it. Her and Suki are my two favorite girls in the series. So they better not screw her up.