Site Disaster Notes – If you can’t login, read this

Korra Crying

Hi everyone, i’m afraid there’s some bad news, a hacker or team of hackers has wiped out a large part of the website (which was why the site was having so much trouble yesterday). Anyway, i’m not sure why we were targeted but they were able to cut deep and community forum posts and comments have basically been re-wound to 4 months ago, we’ve been able to get the posts content back thankfully. We tried everything we could to restore the data, but unfortunately they wiped out emergency backups as well.

If you are having trouble logging in here is why:

• If you joined the site under 4 months ago you will need to re-register (You can use the same username and email as before)
  • Forum Topics created under 4 months ago have been lost
  • New security measures are in place to stop this from ever happening again
  • The site should run smoother and faster now
  • Many of the bugs in the community that were happening have now been resolved thankfully

I’m really really sorry about this, I know there was a ton of great conversations going on.

Let’s use this to our advantage, make the best of things, and keep making this the best Avatar community in the world!

Also, to get back your points from before the hack, please pm either Airspeed Prime (@airspeed) or Admin/Jordash (@admin) with what your points were before the hack and your points will be added back.

Korra Crying

Korra knows It's a tragedy, but hopefully we can make the best of it

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

1. Avatar of Donna
    Donna Said: Comment by Donna on June 27, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

arghhhh…. I think it’s time to get General Bumi on to this! So sorry guys and hope this all gets sorted asap :)

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, I think we were able to get the site posts back to full functionality at least. We almost lost all of the posts for the past 4 months too, Airspeed and I were able to recover those.

Other than that the site should now be fully ready now to be an awesome community for eons to come :)

Hugh Reply:

This is obviously illegal, right? So can the police help at all?

Donna Reply:

Thanks Jordan, Airspeed and anyone else that worked on this, for all your hardwork & effort – you guys Rock and without you we wouldn’t be blessed with this awesome site :)

Should we perhaps consider to begin installing the Hiroshi Industries Electric Fence system… those pesky hackers will get a shock of their life! mmmwwwaaaahhaaahhhaaaa!

economybender Reply:

I totally agree with you, so who wants to donate for financing future industries ? hahaha

2. Avatar of Ricardo
    Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on June 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Absolutely despicable; I can’t believe anyone would do such a thing, and to an ATLA/ALOK community as well :(

But, what doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger; we’ll continue growing and learning :)

After all, when we reach our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Haha yeah good use of that quote :) Applys here really well. We should use this to fuel an awesome Avatar / Korra community!

FireSageGuntur Reply:

I agree! That quote is amazing, I’m gonna use it in everyday conversation now! Haha, just kidding, but it’s that good.

Kelly Reply:

oh my god, You win so much for using that quote! Its a great point and I love that line in the series

Julla Reply:

Agreed!! :-)

avatarclara Reply:

i am so happy right now :) thank you @Midnight0094

Katara Reply:

Lol great use of the quote and I had to reregister so I’m still sad but meditating everyday helps clear my mind I ships be ok a a couple of weeks. :’(

Katara Reply:

I meant I should be ok (stupid auto correct)

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

do you really meditate?

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

nice quote!

Ricardo Reply:

Thank you! Ladies and gentlemen, you are too kind. Seriously, too kind.

3. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on June 27, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

Oh my god Im so sorry, This is such a shame
    This is gonna sound really selfish but I lost half of all my points
    Back to an elite bender :/
    Thats ok though Thats not the point Im sorry we lost so much stuff :(

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah all sorts of great conversations, I guess it’ll be cool re trying it. We can re-add your points back in as well, just let me or Airspeed know your old rank in a PM.

avatarclara Reply:

I’m really depressed that i lost my points too… really selfish i know. I lost a lot of things… WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS TO US??? They will pay. :(

Avatar Aang Reply:

amon is attacking again but this time, he brought an army of hackers and he promises to stop water bending and removing other people’s bending as well.

P.S. :
    I also cant log in! :(
    And by the way my username is appa and I named myself “Avtar Aang”

Avatar Aang Reply:

It’s me again Avatar Aang
    I actually lost my account . :((
    please help and bring back my account because i was already a bender!

What was your @ username, and I will see what I can do, if you could post after the site hack you must have accidentally deleted your account.

If not you may have to reregister.

economybender Reply:

“people is moved by incentives”, so it is not false if you ask your point. I think it is not selfish, since it is human characteristic. So, the score is incentives for you to more active on this community. Then, then it is not problem for the moderator

economybender Reply:

I feel moderators will happy if their members (just like you and me) are happy :-)

economybender Reply:

So, let’s continue our discussion

4. Avatar of Tea Drinking Uncle
    Tea Drinking Uncle Said: Comment by Tea Drinking Uncle on June 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Hello everyone! I’m back, good to see you all are too. We will get through this together and re build what we had! Best of luck to everyone! And thank you to the great Admins working hard to fix all this!

TeaBender Reply:

I’m glad to see some familiar names popping up again! :) I’m back too, thankfully. I completely agree with your post. As you said, the Admins are working extremely hard to fix the site, and they deserve a big thank you for that!

We shall come back stronger than before! Best of luck to you, too, Tea Drinking Uncle! :)

Tea Drinking Uncle Reply:

Thank you!

economybender Reply:

Yes, I totally agree with you guys, let’s rebuild our discussion

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

the admins/moderators are the best

5. Avatar of AwesomeBender
    AwesomeBender Said: Comment by AwesomeBender on June 27, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

I had to re-register which sucks I had just started to get everything going :(

and the site lost well over 1000 members :(

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

the same happened to me. i just feel bad for anyone who registered a day before the hack attack

6. Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on June 27, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Gah, I’m peeved now.

Leave it to some asshat to do this! :(

7. Avatar of FireSageGuntur
    FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on June 27, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

This stinks. I was a fairly new member, and I was sooo close to becoming a bender. I had to make an entirely new account today. So no one knows who did this or why they did it????

How many points did you have before this happened, I can add them all back for you :)

FireSageGuntur Reply:

Thank you soooo much! I don’t remember exactly, but it was somewhere between 4300 and 4400. This is such a tragedy for the site, but I’m glad we have committed admins and a friendly, caring community. Thanks guys, we’ll get through this, and I’m very glad nothing worse happened! Good luck everyone!

FireSageGuntur Reply:

Thanks so much Airspeed! I recieved the points and am back on track to becoming a bender in the next week or so!

Julla Reply:

@Airspeed-

Thanks for doing all you can to keep this site functioning!!
    I should have 13,300 points, to-date. May I please have the 5,865 points added back to my account? :-)

Done :)

avatarclara Reply:

hey airspeed, are you still doing the point adding thing? if you are, my points were 5435 or something like that. :) if you aren’t, then it’s ok.

Yes we are, your points are added back now.

avatarclara Reply:

Yay! thanks Airspeed you’re the best :)

Donna Reply:

Mine was around the 18,400 mark thanks Airspeed :)

Julla Reply:

Thank you!!

Donna Reply:

Thanks :)

economybender Reply:

Good luck for all people in this forum

Hugh Reply:

Mine was around 2000 if you would be so kind as to add them back, Airspeed, hehe :^D

That is done, your points are back :)

Hugh Reply:

Thanks a lot, Airspeed, thanks a TON.

Kelly Reply:

Can we all appreciate how honest (or at least im hoping honest) everyone is being
    NICEST AVATAR COMMUNITY EVER (of the ones I know) :)

ilian124 Reply:

Um well I only had around 1,700 points, i was only a hotman, but could you add them back anyway please? =)

Ok, I have added them back for you.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

i am also a fairly new member.

8. Avatar of Cosmobender
    Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on June 27, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

Gah, we’re these idiots at least stupid enough to leave a trace ip? We can LOIC their butts into space.

9. Avatar of ilian124
    ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on June 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Permalink

Wow who would want to hack into a fansite?

Julla Reply:

Exactly…

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

i know right…

10. Avatar of AgentNebraska
    AgentNebraska Said: Comment by AgentNebraska on June 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Whoa. That’s pretty serious stuff. I feel really bad for those newer members though. That’s so weird. Why would someone want to do this?

11. Avatar of AgentNebraska
    AgentNebraska Said: Comment by AgentNebraska on June 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

WOW I JUST REALIZEF I HAVE 790 points. WTF?

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah just PM me or Airspeed your rank before and we can add the points back in.

12. Avatar of AgentNebraska
    AgentNebraska Said: Comment by AgentNebraska on June 27, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Did anyone else’s points disappear?

FireSageGuntur Reply:

Yeah, I lost my entire account, along with my points. But I remade an identical one, and Airspeed kindly sorted out my Avatar Points problem.

TeaBender Reply:

Yeah. I had to re-register. As with FireSageGuntur, I made another one, though all my points are gone :(

TeaBender Reply:

Forgot to add I’m more upset all our conversations got lost!

About how many points did you have before ?

I can add them back for you.

Rance100 Reply:

Same here. I’m glad we have good admins that will help us when we need it.

Jadely Reply:

I am so sadend all most the post for the legend of korra is gone:( who would ever do such a thing!

avatarclara Reply:

me too.

Julla Reply:

Yup, I lost over 5,000 points. Our admins are great!!

Avatar of

avatar Reply:

I lost 4000 points

Added them back for you :)

Avatar of

avatar Reply:

Thx airspeed… :)

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

I lost 2000

I just added them back for you.

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

economybender Reply:

me too, thank’s for everyone who want to actively rejoin again, I will miss you if you don’t come back

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

mine did

13. Avatar of AvatarAang
    AvatarAang Said: Comment by AvatarAang on June 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

These is very bad, I lost my points and can´t remenber how many was it

AvatarAang Reply:

I joinded the community lake 3 months ago, Airspeed can you help me?

About how many did you have before?, I will add them back

AvatarAang Reply:

I was close to bender rank, about 4000

Done, Put you up to 4100

AvatarAang Reply:

Thanks airspeed you’re the best :)

economybender Reply:

maybe you can still remember your level when you get more points or you can remember the range

14. Avatar of Korra Watermaster
    Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on June 27, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

I had totally forgot what my username was. All I know is that I use korra and mako but I am glad that the site is up and running again. if you added me before the site was hacked plz add me again.

avatarclara Reply:

i think it was KorraxMako or something…

makkorra ?

Korra Watermaster Reply:

maybe it was makkorra

economybender Reply:

maybe you can see your name in top 100 korra.socialtoaster, I think there is a simmilar name

15. Avatar of Dom
    Dom Said: Comment by Dom on June 27, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Oh wow that’s just awful! =/ Do you think our passwords are secure?

- Dom

Yep Passwords are fine, Jordan upped the security and I don’t think they were ever in danger.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah that’s exactly right

16. Avatar of Brandy
    Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on June 27, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

Man, this totally sucks! I had to recreate my account and everything! Why are hackers so mean? What exactly was the point in hacking into a fansite? I guess I’m a Newcomer once again.

economybender Reply:

you still can request the moderators to re add your points and you still can re discuss again. I’m sure, slowly our wounds will be cured by the time and it will make us bigger and wiser

17. Avatar of AvatarKorra1997
    AvatarKorra1997 Said: Comment by AvatarKorra1997 on June 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

Ive wanted to create an account for a while and ive been going on this site for about 4 months and when i went on here this morning i saw that old stuff started poping up so im like weird so a half hour ago i decided to make an account glad i made one now and i like how nice and helpful the people are here and im glad stuff are going back to normal. (Sorry for the bit of a long comment lol)

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah good timing on that.

18. Avatar of prongsie
    prongsie Said: Comment by prongsie on June 27, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Had to re-register! D: I was so worried when I got word-press as the home screen for here I was like oh boy, what’s going on.

I just wanna say hey, thanks for keeping this site going, for bringing it back the best you could. I can’t imagine the work all you mods go through to make things run smooth. So major props to you guys. <3

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Thanks! Yeah when I saw that screen it was crazy.

19. Avatar of Alison
    Alison Said: Comment by Alison on June 28, 2012 at 12:02 am | Permalink

Aww, hope you guys get everything back soon. It’s just my luck that the day I go back on, this happens >__> I’ve missed this place, it’s got such a friendly atmosphere.

economybender Reply:

Yes, I agree, this place is such a friendly atmosphere

20. john Said: Comment by john on June 28, 2012 at 1:49 am | Permalink

To paraphrase Bolin – Be careful, those hackers are nasty dudes.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Haha

21. Avatar of Dina
    Dina Said: Comment by Dina on June 28, 2012 at 2:14 am | Permalink

I had to re-register too! I was soooo worried yesterday, I mean this is the best site of avatar that I’ve ever seen :) , and when I saw that it didn’t work yesterday I really didn’t know what to do.

well, at least it’s back again and thanks for fixing it :D

22. Avatar of Arthan
    Arthan Said: Comment by Arthan on June 28, 2012 at 4:04 am | Permalink

It’s been a while since my last post (I’ve been busy), but what have happened in the site is terrible.
    Well, I guess it’s the price of fame.

Luckily we have a highly competent Administrator and Super-moderator. :)

23. Avatar of Melon Lord
    Melon Lord Said: Comment by Melon Lord on June 28, 2012 at 4:51 am | Permalink

This sucks TT_TT. I had to start a new account not once, or twice or thrice! BUT FOUR TIMES! I kept registering under the same username and email address, but it wouldn’t log me in after I had activate my account, so I had to create an entirely new email address too *sigh*. My old account was Toph Bei Fong and I had 37,000 points… Lol just kidding haha. I had 4,750 points. Could you pretty please re-add them @airspeed? Thank you in advance. *sigh* Looks like I need a new signature and avatar and start from scratch TT_TT. Stupid hackers! Oh well…

Done.

Melon Lord Reply:

Thanks a bunch and congratulations on the promotion <3. From SM to Admin.

24. Avatar of economybender
    economybender Said: Comment by economybender on June 28, 2012 at 11:11 am | Permalink

WOW, the members of this forum is so loyal and friendly, especially our admin, new admin(super moderator) and all moderators and also all of members. Our avatar creators are great person which they can make big loyal fans such as these fans website which is not related to them HOOOOOO……….

AvatarAang Reply:

Agree I never see a fan web like this, is the best

Jadely Reply:

I agree as well eveyone is so active

economybender Reply:

so nice to know you and become your friend guys

AvatarAang Reply:

Un gusto para mi también XD jajajaja I’m from El Salvador.

halo, saya orang Indonesia dan saya cinta Indonesia, I’m from Indonesia

btw, What do you mean ? haha, I just want to know hhhe….

so rare to hear about news from El Salvador, I just hear it from so old telenovela

AvatarAang Reply:

It means: nice to met you too. XD

Is very good to know you’re from indonesia.

Avatar of

avatar Reply:

Hey.. So you’re from Indonesia? I am also from Indonesia :)

economybender Reply:

@AvatarAang Senang bertemu dengan kamu juga, It is very good to know too that you’re from El Salvador

@avatar, wow you’re from Indonesia too, nice to see you, maybe I can PM you hhhe…..

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Thanks for all that you’re saying guys! Makes things a whole lot better, it really does!

Like this :-)

Jadely Reply:

25. Avatar of Sapphire Moon
    Sapphire Moon Said: Comment by Sapphire Moon on June 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

I was having problems logging in. I joined the site three months ago so o has to registre again. So glad to be back! I hate those hackers. The season finale for korra was amazing. I can’t wait for season two to come out. I hope it’s this year And not in 2013

Welcome back

Avatar of

momo2009 Reply:

@sapphiremoon if you lost point tell airspeed he give it back to you ;)

26. Bryman Said: Comment by Bryman on June 28, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

hey guys, i need a confirmation email re sent to me so I can begin earning my points back and getting into this community again.

Summon @admin @airspeed

27. Avatar of Cosmobender
    Cosmobender Said: Comment by Cosmobender on June 30, 2012 at 12:51 am | Permalink

We as a community have really shown that we can stand our ground and recover from even the most devastating of attacks possible. Nice job earthbender within all of us! :)

economybender Reply:

WE make it through, we can pass recession and depression hahhah…..
    hopefully, world economy can make it through :-)

28. Avatar of Mooncrawler
    Mooncrawler Said: Comment by Mooncrawler on July 5, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

Probably someone with alot of time and nothing to do was all my points are gone oh well guess time to start all over again

How many did you have before and I can add them back for you ?

Mooncrawler Reply:

I’m guessing around 1500 and sure you can add them back.

Don’t know how I missed this , sorry for the delay, I have added your points back.

29. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 5, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

i hope this never happens again. :(

Mooncrawler Reply:

Ya me to nice picture by the way

ilian124 Reply:

Oh hey i have the same picture except all the avatars are in the avatar state. =D

30. Avatar of avatarlloyd33
    avatarlloyd33 Said: Comment by avatarlloyd33 on July 10, 2012 at 6:51 am | Permalink

I have lost all of my points. I was an elite bender and now I am a newcomer :’(

How many points did you have and I can add them back.

31. Avatar of Avatar Amanda
    Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

stupid hacker made me lose 1,900 points. i worked so hard for them. it’s so sad!!!!!! =(

Don’t worry I have added your lost points back 8)

Avatar Amanda Reply:

Thanks Airspeed Prime. I appreciate it a lot. Stupid hackers pulling a sneak attack.

Ricardo Reply:

I agree, they should have sent us a message before hand and yelled it out loud.

Since we all know that “sneak attacks don’t work if you yell it out loud” ;)

32. Avatar Aang Said: Comment by Avatar Aang on July 14, 2012 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Whoever did this has no mercy at all!
    We,as a community, should stand strong and defend ourselves even if it is hard

33. Avatar of
    Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on July 15, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Permalink

It just shows what a tight community we are. We have a great bunch of people here and thankfully everything is better now. :)

34. Avatar of Luca
    Luca Said: Comment by Luca on July 17, 2012 at 3:17 am | Permalink

Had to re-register :( I was wandering why i could’nt log in lol Anyway i want to say thanks to airspeed and the rest of admin for keeping it going :) big thanks

Luca Reply:

I was a bender now back to “newcomer” :(

How many points did you lose, I can add them back for you ?