“Shells” Avatar Free Comic Scans

Shells1

As I am sure you all know we do not post scans/free links of the Avatar comics/books on the site, we do this for many reasons, but the main one is that we want the comics to sell well and posting free links to books  is taking away from the sales of the comic/books. Free Comic Book Day is different. In this case the books are not available for all, not every store participates and even if your local store does it can very difficult to get your hands on a physical copy of the free comics. I know I was unable to get last year’s Rebound story. So we are ok with posting scans of the free comic on the site. So here are my poorly taken pictures of the pages of “Shells” the 2014 Avatar Free Comic.

Shells1

Shells2

Shells3

Shells4

Shells5

Shells6

Shells7

Shells8

Shells9

Shells10

I have no problem with anyone posting these image elsewhere, but please credit where you got them from http://www.avatarthelastairbenderonline.com

1. Samuel Said: Comment by Samuel on May 3, 2014 at 6:26 am | Permalink

Thanks Heaps for this! Where I am at the moment i can’t get the comics easily without waiting ages. You’re the first place to have uploaded the comic so thanks again :)

Loved that comic smiled the whole way through it :D

2. Avatar of Jon
    Jon Said: Comment by Jon on May 3, 2014 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

I love the story, but the art seems a bit…I don’t know, it doesn’t fit with the Avatar universe for me.

3. Greeneyes Said: Comment by Greeneyes on May 3, 2014 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

Could these be the first wave of Chi Blockers?
    Ty Lee had taught the Kyoshi warriors in prison.

Samuel Reply:

Precisely :D

4. ayziks Said: Comment by ayziks on May 4, 2014 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Thanks for doing this scan. Due to work schedule I missed it this year, and they were out.

I just have to say as Sukka shipper, I am VERY glad that this came out and settles for me the issue of Sukka continuing as canon. The Search had me worried that Suki had eyes for Zuko, which is probably what they wanted… :)

Samuel Reply:

Do you think so? I always saw it as her just generally looking out for him. I don’t think there was anything romantic going on, because if there was I think it would be more obvious. Besides I don’t think that they would do it in a show like this.

5. Jazz Said: Comment by Jazz on May 4, 2014 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Thanks!!!

6. Avatar of MoonPeaches
    MoonPeaches Said: Comment by MoonPeaches on May 5, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

I loved it!

I got THE last Avatar comic at my store… if I had walked in 2 seconds later they would have been ALL gone. I think I have become somewhat notorious… the owner said he already planned on ordering the Rift part 2 and holding it for me up at the register with my name on it. LOL. Didn’t even have to ask. :D

I thought Shells was really good- I especially liked the last scene where Suki is carrying on Kyoshi’s legacy. That was powerful.

I so wish the comics came out every two months. This wait…. ugh.

7. Avatar of Calvin
    Calvin Said: Comment by Calvin on May 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

For the people who haven’t got one: you can still get one for €0,25/$0,31/£0,20 ! Here is the link: http://www.archonia.com/comicshop/en/article/179104/fcbd+2014+dh+avatar+bitty+hellboy+rexodus++%28limit+one+per+customer%29/

8. am Said: Comment by am on May 13, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

BIGGER SCANS, people. Some of us have 1080p monitors (as if it wasn’t a standard by now.)

Sorry, I don’t have an actual scanner, hence why these are just pictures I took of the comic.
    At least they are readable.

9. Avatar of Appa Your Flying Bison
    Appa Your Flying Bison Said: Comment by Appa Your Flying Bison on July 5, 2014 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Anyone know a good store where you can buy the comics? I recently found that there are comics

Cheapest place now would probably just be Amazon
    They have The Promise and The Search in single parts or the collection hardbacks.
    You would really just be lucky to find the books in a comic or book store, Online is definitely your best bet.
    Just ask if you have any other questions about the comics :)

Appa Your Flying Bison Reply:

Thanks :) i was checking out those collections earlier and I’ll probably order them. I’ll also wait for rift collection when it comes out

korrafan Reply:

I’ve uploaded the main comics to Dropbox if you’re interested in downloading them:

LINKS REMOVED

Airspeed Prime Moderator Note/ I have removed the links from your post as it is against site rules to post links to view Avatar comics/episodes in non-legal ways.

Appa Your Flying Bison Reply:

Lol wow that was a long time ago