On Set with Noah Ringer (Aang)

There has been an interesting new video released that takes you on set with Noah Ringer (Live action actor for Aang). I think Ringer was a good choice as the actor for Aang but unfortunately it didn’t quite translate completely well for the movie. Hopefully the second movie (if it is indeed released), will have a much improved Ringer as he is currently acting in another movie (Cowboys and Aliens).

Be sure to read our Last Airbender Movie Review for an in depth review of the Live Action Adaptation of Avatar the Last Airbender by M Night Shyamalan

An interesting video to watch nonetheless, check it out:

Noah Ringer as Aang

I think Noah Ringer definitly shows some potential as Aang, let's hope the second movie (if made) pans out with better success.

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

1. CrazyaboutAang Said: Comment by CrazyaboutAang on October 2, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

NOAH = AANG!!! SWEET!!! =O)

2. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on October 4, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

i agree with Jordash , Noah does have good potential as Aang as long as Shyamalan is careful

bob smith Reply:

fail

3. BlindBandit Said: Comment by BlindBandit on October 6, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Uhm… Pass. He failed in the movie, so lets see a different director, along with different casts. I’m a huge fan of Avatar, and the movie needs to be forgotten entirely. Including its disgrace of a cast!

bob smith Reply:

WIN!

4. Shah Said: Comment by Shah on October 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Permalink

his performance was… lackluster.

5. Korra_Is_Comin2011 Said: Comment by Korra_Is_Comin2011 on October 8, 2010 at 5:22 am | Permalink

he should act more in the movie like he does in real life.

verity Reply:

yeah your right, you can see his personality is actually quite similar to aang’s – watch him when he’s off set. I blame the director to be honest, he condensed the whole series too much 🙁

bob smith Reply:

agreed shamalanadingdong doesnt know what hes doing

Cita Reply:

I see Im not the only one that calls him Shamalanadingdong! LOL

6. Georgia Said: Comment by Georgia on October 8, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Aang in the TV series was cute and funny but that didn’t seem the case in the movie. I just wish there made more effort to portray Aang’s characteristics in the movie instead of walking around with a hood saying, “My name is Aang, and I am the Avatar.” Hope movie number 2 is good! 🙂

The movie is its own separate continuity, so we actually never knew Movie Aang was funny.

The movie was never going to be ever a copy of the series, i dont think making Aang in the movie really fun loving and happy would work that well.

I think the way Noah Ringer played Aang was perfect, exactly how someone in that position would react, he let down the world because he never wanted the responsibility and now he is almost forced to take up he task he never wanted, Him still being so unsure at the end of TLA is perfect.

hoperosie Reply:

I agree with that. When you take a series and turn it into a movie it’s not an exact copy, things have to be changed in order to condense it. I think they did a pretty good job at condensing it but I also I think it is kind of a shame that Aang looses his fun loving personality, it was a huge part of the animated series charm. Also watching him go from that carefree silliness to the serious avatar throughout the series was again a big part of the journey and people connected. I think they did a good job casting the characters, and Noah is a perfect Aang. I think that the animated version will always be my favorite, but I look forward to the next movies to come out.

woodzanager Reply:

Yea I agree the cartoon will always be my favorite but I’m interested in seeing the trilogy make it to the big sceen (live action).

7. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on October 10, 2010 at 3:16 am | Permalink

that video was awesome, makes me like Noah even more as Aang

8. Zack Said: Comment by Zack on October 16, 2010 at 8:34 am | Permalink

Please Mr. Nightsyamalan….. I’m waiting for next sequel of Avatar…! And pls somebody share more on set video clips esspecially how they make the tatto on his body….

9. Elsie Said: Comment by Elsie on October 17, 2010 at 9:07 am | Permalink

i loved Aang and his role, he has lovely poise and i thought him well focused. Matthew,my grandson thinks him great.

10. Toph Bei Fong Said: Comment by Toph Bei Fong on October 21, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

They choose a good actor for the part of Aang in my opnion.

rocky Reply:

I agree he just needs a little nore acting experience and he needs to show more of his real personality in the movie

hoperosie Reply:

I don’t think it’s his acting skills so much as it is that a lot of Aang’s character development scenes just weren’t in the movie. The scenes that are in the movie are all serious and action, they just left Aang’s personality out. Very sad, because it was such a big part of the charm of the animated series, like Sokka’s sarcasm which was also left out.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah the humor and comedy was the biggest thing missing.

11. Kotryna Said: Comment by Kotryna on October 24, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Permalink

He’s so adorable! I wish more of his actual personality went into the movie. It would’ve made the movie a whole lot better. It should’ve been more fun and upbeat.

12. LightningSpeed-Zuko Said: Comment by LightningSpeed-Zuko on October 26, 2010 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Yea Noah Ringer as Aang is a good choice…he has the feel for Aang’s character and even kinda sounds like em lol…hope he stays in it 🙂

13. Nuriko Said: Comment by Nuriko on November 12, 2010 at 9:53 am | Permalink

They should hire a ATLA fan like one of us to be his adviser and tell him what he needs to fix to fit the role of Aang even better!!!!! Noah Ringer has potential as Aang though. Great videos! Thanks Jordash for another AH-MAZING article!!! 🙂 😀 😛 ;)!!!

14. woodzanager Said: Comment by woodzanager on November 14, 2010 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Yea they need to hire a avatr fan who really knows what they are talking about like airspeed prime or jordash because they seem to not show biase torward any character to help with the making of a second movie (which I really hope the make). I think m. Night wrote a pretty good story its just that there was to much missing thatgs all. Noah wasn’t a bad choice for aang, he just needs a little more acting training but after that he would be perfect for aang. I’m not saying noah was a bad choice its just that that was his first movie and he was new to actin, but hopefully after the new movie he’s in he will have a better understanding and can show a little more personality to his character because that was my favorite thing about aang from the show was his personality as a fun loving kid who enjoys life to the fullest.

15. Toph Bei Fong Said: Comment by Toph Bei Fong on November 20, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Permalink

You know there is other people that would disagree with you, Jordash and Airspeed Prime are awsome no doubt. But they would agree with me that there are other people on this website that would like to get hired also. Zoeeeeee, Coyote, and alot other… oh and me.

woodzanager Reply:

Yea I would like to get hired too but to me they (jordash and airspeed prime) seem to know more about avatar and do research about what they say. Maybe they should just hire a group of fans (big fans) to collaborate with MNS and give their ideas and then he could go from there

16. Dom Said: Comment by Dom on July 29, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

Just found this and decided to add my opinion to the mix! I think he was def a good pick for Aang. They look quite similar, and after watching this video: off-camera I can definitely see he him pulling off an awesome Aang personality!

I only hope the script (and directing!..) the next time around allows Noah to better portray the Aang we know and love in the Last Airbender 2 when it inevitably comes out.

– Dom 8)