New York Comic Con Dark Horse Avatar Panel Details

korracomicgood

After the crushing disappointment of SDCC, it more or less seems confirmed that the big Korra comics announcement will come at New York Comic Con. We now have the details for the Avatar comic panel.

korracomicgood

October 08, 2016, 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM (New York Time)

Location: 1A18

The can’t-miss Dark Horse panel of NYCC 2016! Join Dark Horse creators, staff and a couple very special guests for the first word on Avatar news, announcements and even a surprise or two!

Of course they don’t mention Korra straight away, which I personally do not get, WE KNOW Korra comics are a thing you had info about them at NYCC last year, why not just promote the panel on the idea that we are getting Korra news. It is not a surprise that we will probably get Korra news. All this description does is continue to give the impression that Korra news might not happen.

At a time when a lot of fans have basically figured out who the new artist is and that the news is coming at this convention, why are they being so coy about this? I think they are still unsure if this Korra announcement will be organised enough to show so they are promoting it as ATLA focused, but I definitely question if they have any ATLA news to give if the Korra announcement drops again.

I would love to be excited for this, but we have been disappointed so many times that I probably won’t be hyped until the moment the announcement hits.

Thoughts?

1. Avatar of
    doratchi Said: Comment by doratchi on September 2, 2016 at 2:18 am | Permalink

I can’t see them working both on Korra and Aang at the same time. As it sounds to me, making these comics takes the best out of them, It would be too hard to make 2 comics on the same time.

But on the other hand, they worked on Korra and The ATLA continuances at the same time, so I don’t know.

But of course I would like more from TLA ever since we have many things to know about how it turned into what we saw in Korra.
    Korra comics would be nice, but he won’t be necessary as TLA comics.

2 completely different creative teams, so it should be no issue to be releasing ATLA and Korra comics back to back.

Avatar of

doratchi Reply:

Oh ok got it

2. Avatar of
    doratchi Said: Comment by doratchi on September 2, 2016 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Great North and South news:
    We got the back cover of part one which looks amazing:

And the summary says:
    The moment they arrive home, siblings Katara and Sokka are greeted by a series of surprising new changes: their once-humble village is now bustling with new construction, Gran Gran is married, and Hakoda is chief of the entire tribe! While Sokka is thrilled, nostalgia weights heavily on the forlorn Katara.

Sounds amazing

Also some new preview pages on Amazon, that Katara dream is so cute, but also sad.

Avatar of

doratchi Reply:

Please please please upload this

Just check out the preview look inside on the product page on Amazon.

Avatar of

doratchi Reply:

I swear to god there is no preview in the product page

Avatar of

doratchi Reply:

Ok I find it.
    Guruhiro gets better every book, the graphic is amazing.
    Its a sad dream…I think that Aang will notice that the south pole is his new home, Katara would realize that Aang replacing her mother just like she is replacing his love to the air nomads, and that Hakoda would get oogies too.

3. Avatar of Hyriu 85
    Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on September 2, 2016 at 11:42 am | Permalink

This news is a bit disappointing and confusing. You are right, there is no real reason for them not to at least say some Korra comic news will be there. I can’t get excited for this because of all the past let downs. I really hope we get a lot of good stuff like Korra comic story and the cover and things like that. I’d also like to get some good avatar comic news. What’s their plan for the future? What is the next series called? Those are things we need to know if they want to excite the fandom. If this turns into another major disappointment then a lot of people will lose faith in the comics. I want this panel to electrify the fandom with all the news they release, I’m just not confident that’s going to happen.

4. Avatar of
    doratchi Said: Comment by doratchi on September 5, 2016 at 3:51 am | Permalink

There is more pages from North and South 1, the last pages…if you want to see them (they bring many many questions, they are some dissapointing) answer here

5. Avatar of
    doratchi Said: Comment by doratchi on September 5, 2016 at 3:07 pm | Permalink

I have so many thoughts…Katara will be mad on Hakoda for sure…where is Aang in part 1 if he is not in the south pole? Are we getting fire nation at the same time? And why Katara have so much flashbacks

You better post it in the main site

Bit spoilery to post as a news post. I get they came out in the Amazon preview, but very clearly they were mistakenly included there.

Avatar of

doratchi Reply:

Yea but they deleted it quickly
    I think it’s better we won’t talk about it until its out

Are we going to see your preview at the 14th or at the 28?

At this stage it will probably be my full review on the 14th assuming I can get the book. Podcast review/readthrough that weekend.

6. To Said: Comment by To on September 7, 2016 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

A small review https://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/2016/09/05/avatar-the-last-airbender-north-and-south-1/

Avatar of

doratchi Reply:

Thank you!

7. TARDIS77 Said: Comment by TARDIS77 on September 9, 2016 at 2:24 am | Permalink

To be fair the panel last year was also classified.