New Korra Game on Nick.com – Republic City Run

Korra Run

At last something new on Nick.com, a new Korra game. It is called Republic City Run and you can play it here

Korra Run

Basically it is a game where as Chibi Korra you run through Republic City and attempt to get the furthest distance possible while avoiding Equalists on foot, Motorbikes and crates of Cabbages.
The controls are simple: Up to jump and Spacebar to bend ahead and take out crates or equalists. The catch is that you have a Chi meter and if you use airbending assisted jumps to long or bend to much you will waste it all. So to get a good score you need to keep an eye on your Chi Usage.

There is more to the game than that, there is a lot of various upgrades you can get to help you out in the game. Including tokens to summon Naga, Pabu or a Sky Bison or unlock master bending powers which have effects like healing.

Many may be interested in this game solely for it’s Chibi Style artwork. You can see Korra, Naga, Pabu, Chi Blocker, Mecha Tank, Chi Blocker on Motorbike and possibly more in this game. The enemies seem to get stronger the further you go.

This is a simple, but amazingly fun game. I assure you, YOU WILL BE ADDICTED.

My highest score so far is 899

highscore

The first member to post a score higher than mine will get 1000 community points and the member with the highest score posted in the comments within the next 5 days will get 4000 points. You must prove your score with a screenshot.

Now to end the post some select screenshots to give you an idea of what the game looks like in play.

Korra Run 2

Korra Run 3

Korra Run 4

Your thoughts on the game and what is your high score ?

Korra SDCC Panel Description
Book 2 trailer from SDCC Panel, Out September
Rest of Book 2 schedule - 8pm rest of the Book
Book 2 Spirits DVD/Blu Ray pushed back to August 5th (Update Only for Canada)

1. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on January 30, 2013 at 8:14 am | Permalink

its fun!

2. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on January 30, 2013 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I got to 433 distance last night. Not doing to well this morning. My favorite part other than it being chibi is the great background design for the street view. It is an ambitious game to play with how difficult it is, but I got somewhat of hang of it from a non-gamer.

3. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on January 30, 2013 at 9:08 am | Permalink

Its a very fun game and addicting too O.O

Click on Image to Zoom In

Well done, 1000 points for you.

Also playing some more I got 1143, though I have no screenshot.
    Anyone found an easy way to activate master bending using a key, instead of having to click in the middle of avoiding things.

Jadely Reply:

Thanks Airspeed. Wow 1143 is an impressive score. 🙂
    Activating master bender was very tricky for me that’s what killed me last time, well that and that mega tank.

If there was an easy way to activate the master bending then I think I could get so much further. The waterbending healing power would be very handy if it was not a huge risk to take the time to move the cursor up to click and then click the right element.

Troy Reply:

I thought about why the game was built that way and other than the healing if you were in a fight you would need to concentrate and get distracted with summoning up a big attack.

Just seems weird that the only action in the game that has no keyboard command is activating the upgrades.
    The way it is now really puts me off using them as it badly breaks the flow of the game.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Yes the masterbending gets quite annoying when you have to press that button on the top right. I like the upgraded waterbending though, it heals you so you can have a longer game.

4. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on January 30, 2013 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Click on Image to Zoom In

I must say I love the graphics of this game. 🙂 So far my highest score is 699. When I double jump in this game, I realized you can sacrifice some chi to stay in the air a little longer to collect more yuans.

@airspeed Can Korra go into the avatar state in this game?

Not that I know of, there does not seem to be a power up that does that. That said I have not gotten far enough to see anything too impressive beyond the sudden appearance of a Mecha Tank.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Wow nice, I think I will seeing motorcycles for a long time… -.-

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Well I maximized everything from bending to animals not it all comes down to beating the game 😛

5. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on January 30, 2013 at 11:53 am | Permalink

I caught a screen shot of me using an air bision 🙂

Click on Image to Zoom In

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

@airspeed Hmm this is strange I set my visibility to public for this pic, how come the screen shot is not showing up?

Not sure, Mine may just show up because I am an admin.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Oh well no problem, you can still click the link to see it.

6. Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on January 30, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, it wont work on my laptop!

It is on the american site which is region locked, and I believe you are in the UK, Yes ?

How I access the site is that I use the free program Tunnelbear. Otherwise you cannot use the site.

If you are already using a program like that, then I am not sure what the issue could be.

KoolKorra Reply:

well, i’m in the US and i still can’t play the game on my laptop

7. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on January 30, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Permalink

My newest High Score

Click on Image to Zoom In

Also something I noticed, if you use a masterbending, your chi starts to go down regardless of if you bend of not, so absolutely spam the spacebar and unload with the bending and enjoy the stream of yuans.

8. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on January 30, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

The graphics are a positive for what is a flash game, but the mecha-tanks aren’t incredibly designed.

9. johnny Said: Comment by johnny on January 30, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

you can also attack with left mouse click, so you can just keep your mouse close to the master bending button and it won´t break your flow that much when you want to use it.
    what do the crates of cabbages actually do? they don´t seem to do anything at all to me.

Not overly sure, sometimes if you hit a crate just as an equalist is about to walk past I think the crate exploding takes out the equalist, but I am not sure.

Joey Reply:

ive noticed you can jump on them, but they hurt you if you walk into them.

10. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on January 30, 2013 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

CANT… STOP… playing… its so awesome.

Troy Reply:

That was me mid-day.

11. Joey Said: Comment by Joey on January 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Click on Image to Zoom In
    new highscore for me 🙂

Joey Reply:

Click on Image to Zoom In
    ^^is this score good or has everybody beat it by now? 🙂

That is the Highest Score so far.

12. EarthkingNoah Said: Comment by EarthkingNoah on January 30, 2013 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

It is a fun and addicting game got 1086 after just ten minutes I give 10 stars.

13. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on January 30, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

this game looks fun/a good waste of time, but ill wait until the weekend 😛

14. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on January 31, 2013 at 12:06 am | Permalink

My highest score so far is 756!

15. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on January 31, 2013 at 9:20 pm | Permalink

Finally got into the 2000’s then died. This is the kinda thing that makes you want to go into the avatar state…

Joey Reply:

my computer froze twice in the 1500’s 😛 I laughed. twice.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

I suppose both of you addicting players haven’t saw Amon yet in the 2000s?

Joey Reply:

O.O im gonna go try to get there now. don’t expect to see me in the next four hours. 😛

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Well I haven’t seen him either, so let’s just keep playing till the game freezes on us!

16. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on January 31, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Permalink

I was finally able to play it, but it was on my old laptop -_-
    It was ok but i couldn’t really get past the equalizers. I’m not blaming the game, it’s just my old laptop.

17. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on January 31, 2013 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

Sorry cant hear you over my record breaking skills!
    Click on Image to Zoom In

Click on Image to Zoom In

You were saying 😀

Callum Fryars Reply:

I STILL WANT MAH POINTS!

Then beat the current highest score on the site (not including me).
    I believe the highest proven score is by MiamiJoseph with 2008.
    There are 4000 points up for grabs, get playing.

Callum Fryars Reply:

He got 1271 or something. I beat that. I want some points!:)

it was 2008.

Plus there is still 3 days until the contest ends 🙂

Callum Fryars Reply:

Trust me. I intend on getting those points! I am now emotionally invested in this game. I will not loose!

18. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on February 1, 2013 at 7:06 am | Permalink

cool game!!!

19. EarthkingNoah Said: Comment by EarthkingNoah on February 1, 2013 at 10:21 am | Permalink

This game is getting a lot of good comments haven’t heard a bad comment on this site or any other. I wonder if they will make a new one for the second season because that would be great. Does any one know if there are the air crafts.

I have gotten past 2500M and I did not see anything new.
    Unless there is something new immediately past 3000M I doubt there is anything else.

EarthkingNoah Reply:

Thanks because they had a big part in the last episodes that is the only other thing the Haroshi Sato made in L O K series.