New Book 2 Images from Wan’s Episodes

As we fast approach the premiere of Book 2 Spirits we really only have 1 main thing left to get, that being the premiere date and time, but until then we are still getting some teases.

Today we have 2 new images from Wan’s time from Bryan’s tumblr blog where he talks about the Korra Colour Stylist, Sylviaย Filcak-Blackwolf.

Book 2 spirits image1

Book 2 spirits image2

An interesting look at some new spirits we have not seen before as well as what I assume are the warriors of Wan’s time. Definitely seems like there are aspects of the nations as we know them in these characters, so it will be interesting to see how exactly the nations are done in Wan’s time.

Thoughts ?

The Legend Of Korra Book 1 Air DVD to be released May 21st (UPDATE February 8th)
Competition - Win a copy of Endgame (Closed)
K210 A New Spiritual Age Episode Review
Last 4 Korra Episode Titles Revealed

1. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on August 1, 2013 at 5:22 am | Permalink

im not exactly sure what to think of the spirits, theyre a little too ghost-like ๐Ÿ˜• i would think they would be light spirits only because of their lights ๐Ÿ˜› they kind of remind me of jellyfish or something that could go inside of you and pull out nightmares. As for the outfits, theyre interesting but i would like to see some weapons to go with them.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

@airavatara Jellyfish? Thinking of sponebob squarepants maybe? ๐Ÿ˜›

YangChen Reply:

I thought they looked like jellyfish too ๐Ÿ˜€

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

very similar to a jellyfish but they usually have many stingers, this one just has one long that looks like thats what this little creature uses to move! (: i think that the end of The Search and maybe some of the newest comic The Rift will show of more spirit creatures!

2. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on August 1, 2013 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Color is the biggest difference I can see between the outfits, they remind me of a more formal version of what jet and the freedom fighters wore.
    The spirits look kind of wierd, in my opinion, they look more avatary than other spirits we have seen, but still wierd.

3. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on August 1, 2013 at 9:47 am | Permalink

These pics are all cool but I want to see more pics of Wan bending or Korra fighting the evil spirits.

4. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on August 1, 2013 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

all these are just teasers. im really anticipated for these books im super happy they are incorperating the spirit world with korra! (:

but im sad because Bryke said they would be ending Avatar off with Lok, and i dont know how that would end. ):

YangChen Reply:

I hadn’t heard that bryke was ending it, now i’m very sad ๐Ÿ™ my hope was that i would be able to work on a third series ๐Ÿ˜€

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

i know! lol i always wanted to be a part of avatar!

5. Esyra Said: Comment by Esyra on August 1, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I think the spirits do look like jellyfish and they kinda look like something from Miyazaki. The soldiers just look like a cast taken out of Mulan ;p

6. Sogno Said: Comment by Sogno on August 1, 2013 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

^ My first thought was Miyazaki as well. I’m so glad Bryan has a Tumblr to share with us all.

7. Nimaes Said: Comment by Nimaes on August 6, 2013 at 10:28 am | Permalink

looks to be inspired by Miyazaki’s Princess Monoke’s Kodamas.