New Book 2 Image – The Kataang Kids

The Kataang Kids together in one image, yay.

KATAANG KIDS

Obviously we have Bumi, Kya and Tenzin all 3 of Katara and Aang’s kids witnessing something of great interest. Or perhaps it is Meelo doing something epic.

This image came from Bryan on Tumblr and he had some interesting stuff to say

As I mentioned in a previous post, every time a full episode of newly animated “Take 1″ footage comes back from the overseas studio Mike, Joaquim, Lauren, Ryu, and I gather to watch it together. Yesterday’s was an ESPECIALLY GOOD one…

I know it does nothing to abate your frustrations over the delay to hear this, but we are very eager to share Book 2 with you. It is coming. Like winter. Except it won’t last as long as a Westeros winter.

Them just getting in Take 1 footage for an episode of Book 2 again puts the show back a bit from where I expected. The dub news from last week seemed to hint at near completion, but this shows that there is still work to be done. Now when he says “It is coming. Like Winter” I don’t think he means the show is coming in winter (though I don’t think he is denying it either), it simply seems to be a Game Of Thrones reference to a well known line “Winter is Coming”. I just hope that this is one of if not the last episode that they need to do, either way it shows that there was a huge delay in Book 2’s production.

Something we have yet to fully learn.

Thoughts on this image ?

Korra wins IGN's best Animated Series and The Promise Hardcover Preview reveals extras
Korra Book 2 Spirits starts TONIGHT!!!
K205 Peacekeepers Episode Description
New Book 3 image featuring Mako and Bolin in their pajamas!

1. Mister Blake Said: Comment by Mister Blake on June 29, 2013 at 7:45 am | Permalink

Do we KNOW this is Take 1 delivery from Book >2<?

Seychelle Gabriel mentioned in a little interview snippet a couple weeks ago that they had been doing voice recording for Book 3, Maybe this is a pic from book 3 and not representative of Book 2 being even more delayed.

No, but the only book 3 image we have got so far is a very early storyboard I doubt this is Book 3 stuff.
    Voice work on shows with multiple seasons is done WAY before animation.

Who knows this may not even be a delay, at earliest Korra will air about a month or two from now that plus the early episodes give them time to finish what I assume are the final episodes of Book 2.

Shiney Reply:

Didn’t Bryan say this still was from their rewatching of finished Book 2 episode?

Nope, if you read the post it says it is “Take 1” footage. He didn’t specifically say Book 2, hence my post above.
    Take 1 is finished animation, but retakes will be done and errors corrected. So there is still a ways to go.

2. Nico Robin Said: Comment by Nico Robin on June 29, 2013 at 7:52 am | Permalink

is it just me or does kya seem a little disappointed?

3. derrick Said: Comment by derrick on June 29, 2013 at 8:19 am | Permalink

She looks shocked

4. andra Said: Comment by andra on June 29, 2013 at 8:31 am | Permalink

I….I…. can’t wait any longer, I’m gonna bust a vein by the time this comes out!

5. JTHarry Said: Comment by JTHarry on June 29, 2013 at 9:36 am | Permalink

The show’s artistic quality is lightyears beyond most of the work we watch in the States; so if a little delay is what it takes to get the best of Mr. Thomas’ work then I’ll wait…

6. Xopher TAF Said: Comment by Xopher TAF on June 29, 2013 at 9:37 am | Permalink

If it is a Game of Thrones reference, I’m not sure that’s a particularly good thing. Winter has been coming for three years. That’s a long time to wait for book 2 ;P

7. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on June 29, 2013 at 10:50 am | Permalink

this is by far my favorite image so far 🙂 their faces are priceless 😛

8. Juju Said: Comment by Juju on June 29, 2013 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Do you guys have an estimated release date for Korra book 2?

We know it is coming this year for sure. The date should be revealed at SDCC in just over 2 weeks. My guess would be August or September sometime, but at this stage date speculation is nearly pointless.

momo2009 Reply:

it been pointless for the last year. everyone on the internet was making pointless guess. let just wait and see. 🙂

Juju Reply:

Awesome! Thank you, cant wait to see the new book! 🙂

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

i agree with airspeed, i dont think nick is going to make us wait longer than september. and i can wait for two weeks to find that out lol (:

9. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on June 29, 2013 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Based on Bumi not wearing his United Forces uniform tells me the United Forces and Iroh isn’t in this part.

10. Luftmann Said: Comment by Luftmann on June 29, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Is anyone else curious as to why Kya has white hair?

She is the elder sibling I believe we have had confirmed, so she is likely around 60+ years old so it could just be due to old age or Perhaps she dyes it.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

again another reason for all of us to be informed on a actual age difference!

11. DragonMoose134 Said: Comment by DragonMoose134 on June 29, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Do we have any idea if Sokka has any children?

No, outside of him being on the council we have no info on Sokka post The Search Part 1. We assume he and Suki marry, but we don’t know.

12. KorraTheAvatar Said: Comment by KorraTheAvatar on June 29, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I know it does nothing to abate your frustrations over the delay to hear this, but we are very eager to share Book 2 with you. It is coming. Like winter. Except it won’t last as long as a Westeros winter.

-Bryan Koneitzko’s Tumblr

In this post, I believe we may have a hint of the release date.

Not quite, Westeros is the world of Game Of Thrones, one of the most famous lines from that show is “Winter is coming” I think all Bryan was saying here was basically “Korra is coming” and it is not going to take as long as it took winter to come to westeros.
    So other than sooner rather than later I don’t think this hints to heavily at a date,

13. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on June 29, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Is kya wearing Katara’s necklace?? I love this picture!!!!!!! Is it just me or do tenzin and bumi look alike? I know they’re brothers, but i had never seen them right next to eachother

YangChen Reply:

Oh and does this mean they are going to have an adventure together, all the kataang kids? that would be AWESOME to see how they all interact 🙂

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

no, if you remember that katara’s necklace was a full circle with the water emblem carved in. Kya’s necklace looks like a cresent moon inbetween two circles. (:

YangChen Reply:

Oh i thought the moon was a glare, i didn’t look too close….And isn’t katara wearing the necklace in korra episode one? oh well, i thought it would be cool if katara passed down the necklace like her gran gran did

lugacuda is a kataanger :) Reply:

nah…she’s probably wearing the necklace her husband gave her… maybe…if she has one… or it could be a gift from Aang and Katara (less likely, tough) as katara’s mommy said, katara’s necklace is different 😀

14. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on June 29, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

this is why i am so excited to see the rest of korra, these three right here!

its like aang, katara, and sokka PART 2. (:

15. kataang:) Said: Comment by kataang:) on July 1, 2013 at 10:00 am | Permalink

How many episodes will have the book 2?

momo2009 Reply:

14 episode. book 3 @4 will each have 13

kataang:) Reply:

thx

16. lugacuda is a kataanger :) Said: Comment by lugacuda is a kataanger :) on July 1, 2013 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

KATAAAAAANGG!! yaaay!!… it looks like they are watching meelo doing what he does… awesomeness (funny awesomness too (: )