More Comic Con news

Comic Con is over for another year, but we are now getting out final few pieces of news.

First of all some merchandise that was available, but we missed out on seeing until now.

Thanks to OwlDee on Tumblr we have images of some of the Chibi Korra badges that were available. From what I can gather there were 25 to collect with some characters having multiple badges for different expressions. With these we get the debut of many Korra characters in Chibi form.

Chibi badges

Secondly we have an interesting interview with Mike, Bryan and Gene Yang.

The big news to take out of this is three things

-Bryan off handedly confirms that there are two animation studios working on Korra, this was not mentioned during the panel, but has been speculated by fans for months now. So Pierrot Co. are confirmed to be working on Korra also, they animate episode 1 of Book 2.
-Lin is confirmed to have only a very small role in Book 2, but will have a bigger part in Book 3 and 4. The reason is that Book 2 is not very republic city focused and Lin is a character who is focused on the city.
-Possibly most interesting of all Gene Yang in reference to this mentioned that we will be seeing a lot more of Toph in the upcoming comics. Now as far as we know now, the only announced comic that is not yet out is The Search Part 3 and Toph is more or less confirmed to not be in it especially in a big way. So I think Gene basically confirmed a 3rd comic series that will focus on Toph. At the very least more comics.

Korra junior novelization Title and Cover revealed.
Free Comic Book Day 2014 will have an Avatar Comic starring Suki and Sokka!
Short Book 3 Change trailer from The Netherlands
Korra Nendoroid full details and pictures

1. 北方拓芙 Said: Comment by 北方拓芙 on July 22, 2013 at 3:04 am | Permalink

YEAH, MORE COMICS!!!!!!! 😀

2. Combustion Girl Said: Comment by Combustion Girl on July 22, 2013 at 4:10 am | Permalink

OMG, the badges are so cute!!

3. Shiney Said: Comment by Shiney on July 22, 2013 at 4:13 am | Permalink

I feel there’s several things that strongly indicates, if not indirectly confirms, more comics. Possibly A LOT of more comics.

I mean, outside of Gene talking about Toph playing a big role in future comics, Bryke totally talks about this as an ongoing project they, especially Mike, can work with, as a side thing that doesn’t consume too much time and work. I mean, it definitely sound like they WANT to make more, as well as ARE making more.

I’m personally just waiting for the announcement of another comic, heh!

4. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on July 22, 2013 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I love the chibi characters!!

5. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 22, 2013 at 10:44 am | Permalink

i thought they would make more comics 🙂 i was thinking that they could make a whole other comic series focusing on Toph’s relationship with her parents, her metalbending academy, and who she would marry. im not sure if thats what they are talking about, but at least we will get more comics 😀 and the chibi characters are adorable :mrgreen:

6. Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on July 22, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

*Screaming* OMG i love the chibi style of the LOK Krew. Its so cute and I want them all

7. Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on July 22, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

Oh my goodness those buttons are just too cute! I have to have them and put them on my bookbag for all to see.

8. ZukoATLA Said: Comment by ZukoATLA on July 27, 2013 at 5:33 am | Permalink

The chibi style LOK characters are so adorable! Do they have the Gaang buttons too? I seriously want those.

9. Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on October 19, 2013 at 11:50 am | Permalink

they are so cute, but where is the meelo one?