Mai Free Comic Book Day 2013 comic description.

fcbd13avatar

Looks like someone at Dark Horse made a bit of a mistake with this one.

fcbd13avatar

We know from a while back that Avatar will be having a free comic on Free Comic Book Day on May 4th all about Mai, but we did not really get a proper description of what to expect.

“And the smash hit Avatar: The Last Airbender follows Mai as she deals with her broken heart”

Now thanks to a weird mistake where the description of the 2013 comic is in place of the description of the 2011 comic on digital.darkhorse.com, we have a proper description.

“When an earnest young man starts vying for her attention, Mai wonders if he is her ticket out of the dumps after her break up with Fire Lord Zuko. Little does she know, this fellow has a secret that will point her to a destination she least expects—danger!”

This is a pretty interesting description, in that it seems they are setting up a new Mai relationship, though the ending of the description implies a betrayal of sorts so I don’t think the MAIKO shippers out there should fear too much. Either way a comic focusing on Mai has me excited.

Thoughts on this new description ?

Avatar The Last Airbender Soundtrack, Possible release !
12 Preview pages for Smoke and Shadow Part 1
SDCC 2015 Avatar and Korra Dark Horse Panel Info
January Dark Horse Solicits - Smoke and Shadow Part 3 and Korra Statue

1. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on February 18, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

This is very interesting I can’t wait to read it and since I haven’t read the Promise yet because I have no money 🙁 your first news post about free comic book day 2013 told me Mai and Zuko broke up so this will be even more interesting to read lol. 😀

2. Azulan Said: Comment by Azulan on February 18, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Oh joy, hahaha more fuel for the shippers ;)!!

3. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on February 18, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

Yay. New comic!

4. Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on February 18, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

5. Eska Said: Comment by Eska on February 18, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Is it just me , or does Mai look a bit like a guy…

6. Demin Said: Comment by Demin on February 19, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

Interesting, can’t wait to read!

7. Kisame Said: Comment by Kisame on February 20, 2013 at 2:49 am | Permalink

New comic. Looking forward to it

8. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on February 27, 2013 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

9. bacon-and-tea Said: Comment by bacon-and-tea on April 5, 2013 at 10:21 pm | Permalink

Few more weeks until I can finally get a copy of this! So excited to see what’s happening with Mai

10. AnAvatarFanPersona Said: Comment by AnAvatarFanPersona on April 6, 2013 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Mai looks like a man.

11. Rane Said: Comment by Rane on April 30, 2013 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

Some women do look like men but they are nevertheless women. It’s only our beauty standard that demands they look ultra-feminine.