Korra wins IGN’s best Animated Series and The Promise Hardcover Preview reveals extras

The Promise Extra 1

Post number 4 for today.

First of all The Legend Of Korra has won IGN.com’s best Animated Series 2012 award, beating the likes of Star Wars The Clone Wars, Avengers, Adventure Time and the new TMNT show.

Secondly as many of you know The Promise comic series is going to be collected into a Hardcover edition on February 20th 2013 in comic stores and March 5th elsewhere. It’s preview has gone up on Amazon.com. It includes a few pages from the series itself, but what makes this news is that in the preview are some pages from the extras that are included in the book. That being concept art with annotations from Team Gurihiru.  Check out the pages yourself on Amazon (click look inside)

But for now here are a few of the pages

The Promise Extra 1

The Promise Extra 2

As you can see from these images and the other preview images, the extras are all about concept art for the characters, covers and pages and the process behind getting the designs perfect.

I for one am so excited to see the extras in full, but also to see The Promise in a big hardcover format with much bigger panels and pages :)

EDIT/ It also appears as if there will be come commentary on the sides of the pages of the story, which means that the actual pages will not be using the full dimensions of the page. It also means that unfortunately the actual panels are not bigger :(

Thoughts on this info ?

1. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on December 19, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

wow thats cool. i wish i could get it but i already have all the promises and im out of funds. :/ the pages look identical to “Art of the Animated Series”

2. Avatar of ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~
    ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on December 20, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

yay! korra won the best animated series 2012 award!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im SURE going to celebrate this.

3. Avatar of Rabadoo
    Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on December 20, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

I’m always glad to see good things getting the recognition they deserve and LOK definitely deserves ALL THE AWARDS.

And now I’ll have more reasons to buy The Promise hardcover. I’m a sucker for concept and development art.

4. Avatar of Droc Plug
    Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on December 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

not sure about the commentary on the sides of the pages

5. Avatar of BOLIN
    BOLIN Said: Comment by BOLIN on December 21, 2012 at 6:08 am | Permalink

Well korra deserves this award

6. Avatar of Atry
    Atry Said: Comment by Atry on December 21, 2012 at 8:05 am | Permalink

To bad that so many people are disagreeing with this. I suppose we fanboys and fangirls are oblivious to quality.

Atry Reply:

Forget I said that O_O

Could someone delete that comment?

7. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on December 22, 2012 at 2:24 am | Permalink

korra completley diserves this. avatar is one the the greatest, most meaningful piece of entertainment that i have ever seen in my life! the art, the advice, the story, everything is so incredible! and The Search is going to be AMAZING! absolutley unexplainable, this is what everyone was looking for a answer too!

8. Avatar of
    momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on December 22, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

I think this is just a plan to get us to sprend more money, but i guess it good for nick….which mean more avatar so everyone buy it :)

9. Avatar of Avatar Awesomeness
    Avatar Awesomeness Said: Comment by Avatar Awesomeness on December 28, 2012 at 8:06 am | Permalink

Korra really deserved this!

10. Avatar of 10oop
    10oop Said: Comment by 10oop on December 31, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Permalink

totally deserving!!!!

11. Avatar of Cynthia Mckitty
    Cynthia Mckitty Said: Comment by Cynthia Mckitty on January 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

Yay Korra!

12. Avatar of FireSageGuntur
    FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on January 5, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

I am utterly thrilled that LOK got this award and the recognition it deserves. Team Avatar is just incredible at what they do and I’m very glad IGN recognized the quality work. :)

On the Promise hardcover, I definitely plan to purchase it. The Art of The Animated Series book is my most prized Avatar possession, as I am a huge fan of concept art and the development process. These annotations and commentaries will add a lot to the quality of the story for me and I can’t wait to see all that work that led up to The Promise!

13. Avatar of Hannah230
    Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on January 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Permalink

Yes LOK TOTALLY deserved that award!!