Korra will be up weekly on Nick.com and other sites every Friday starting next week.

We have the full details of what is happening with Korra Book 3 and its move to digital release.

korramic

Thanks to Korra Nation we now know that Korra has switched from airing on tv on Friday to being release digitally on Nick.com, Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu on each Friday starting August 1st.

So really the Book 3 schedule has not changed much, we are still getting Korra on Friday, just 1 episode at a time from here on out. The difference is that Korra will no longer air on tv, it is digital only now.

Right now we do not know what the exact time of the digital releases will be, we will find out soon enough.

Thoughts/Analysis

I think it is important that Nick are not taking a break in the airing of Book 3, that from this Friday to next Friday we will just transition from tv airing to digital release.

The worry still remains over what this means for the future of Avatar post Korra Book 4. Is this decision what Nick honestly believe to be the best way to release Korra to its audience or is this dropping the show from tv because of underperforming ratings.

Overall I am fairly ok with this, no break in airing and good availability online is nice to see.

Thoughts?

The Legend Of Korra Episode 10 – Turning The Tides Review
Korra wins IGN's best Animated Series and The Promise Hardcover Preview reveals extras
Republic City Hustle Part 2 out now
Pro Bending Arena Kickstarter reveals new character names and Expansion

1. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on July 24, 2014 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Surprisingly I am glad it is half way through the book because that means casual fans have gotten into it and will Google when the episodes will come out and eventually find it online opposed to after a book when the casuals die down. If only they would reveal it better.

Huh, casuals will still die down when this book comes to an end, only this time because it is digital only there will be even less advertising to alert them to Book 4 coming.
    Unless I completely misinterpreted your post.

2. FairladyZ2005 Said: Comment by FairladyZ2005 on July 24, 2014 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

What Nick has been doing with season 3 have been very weird. I’m glad we will be getting the rest of season 3 though. Hope we hear some info about what this means for season 4 at SDCC.

I would assume it will go very similarly to how the end of Book 3 will, this is kind of the test run in a way.

3. kaylie Said: Comment by kaylie on July 24, 2014 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Bring back the bending games! It’s good for training up new recruits))

4. Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on July 24, 2014 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

So it was all “only on TV” but now they’re doing a complete 180. I’m not bothered that they’re putting them online, I’m just shocked at how badly they’re handling it. They reveal the release a week before it starts, then air multiple episodes at a time and then pull them off the air altogether. I’m sure there are way too many fans that don’t know what’s going on.

Agreed. This decision makes sense if they honestly see the future success of Korra as being digital only, the problem is the seemingly endless list of poor decisions they made with the handling of Book 3 as you have mentioned.

In this case the issue right now is just that international fans are left out as usual. Nick.com will still be region locked, though easy enough to get around.

5. avatarkpossible Said: Comment by avatarkpossible on July 24, 2014 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

It sucks that the show is not going to shown on television. I do hope that they would do better advertising for book 4, even if it being shown online

6. Avatar Wan Said: Comment by Avatar Wan on July 26, 2014 at 1:53 am | Permalink

well, I guess I’m okay with this new form of airing episodes, but I still prefer it on t.v.