Korra Roundtable Podcast – K209 The Guide

Listed as: Podcast

Avatar Online Podcast Korra Roundtable – K209 The Guide – November 2nd 2013

K209 The Guide Podcast

Korra has definitely grown through learning about the Origin of the Avatar.

Morgan (Airspeed Prime) is joined by Kelly (Gemini530) and Troy (TrojanPeople) to first discuss the news about the scheduling for the final episodes of book 2 before getting in-depth about K209 The Guide.

Podcast is just under 1 hour and 42 minutes long

Download the MP3 here (Right Click -> Save As)

Podcast is just under 102 minutes long

Podcast RSS Feed – http://feeds.feedburner.com/avatarpodcast

Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/jordan-garn/avatar-the-last-airbender-and-korra-online

Itunes – http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/avatar-last-airbender-podcast/id512736597

Just search “Avatar Online in podcasts” Please give us some positive feedback to help spread the show. A 5 Star Review would be tremendous. If you have any listener Questions or suggestions ask them here

Or the email address avataronlinepodcast@gmail.com

Avatar Online Podcast Special - San Diego Comic Con 2012 Discussion
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 74
The Movers Podcast Episode 1 - Lost
Avatar Online Podcast Episode 145

1. Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on November 2, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

I think this is one of the first times we have all just universally just disliked completely a decision made in this show.

Masami, what were they thinking???

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

uh oh, is it just me or do i sense a shipping war, i mean discussion?

Less of a discussion and more of a combined “WHY DID THEY DO THAT!!!”
    Laced with a bit of, “Please don’t focus on it too much”

Troy Reply:

It is not like to podcast wasn’t civil but we couldn’t think of a good reason at all why they did that.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

i agree. i have a feeling its just a setup for something,but we dont know yet. i was discussing it with my sisters and they agree, as do i, that this was a terrible decision. its almost like they did this on purpose to make us mad or something. (in my opinion)

2. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on November 2, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Out of the fish in the sea asami choose to fall again for the bad boy who broke up with her. What happen to her independent spirit?

3. momo2009 Said: Comment by momo2009 on November 2, 2013 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

And mako heart/passion can change like the weather ” for a month it was this rich girl, next it 6 month of dating a god, and finally it one week with an old flame 🙂 “

4. North Flame Said: Comment by North Flame on November 3, 2013 at 9:39 am | Permalink

I… actually like the two of them together. I don’t mind the added drama. Good podcast, though. I always look forward to listening to it after the latest episode.

5. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on November 3, 2013 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

you know, i actually enjoyed the Mako and Asami’s relationship when they were first dating, it seemed sincere, and a lovely item. but then he realized he loved Korra.. ohh kay…. cool, now what the heck are you doing?! right now we do not know or understand what LoK is doing now, but i believe ( HOPE ) that they will fix this obnoxious Love Triangle, i REALLY pray that BRYKE isnt just satisfying the “SHIPPERS” of this show. and honestly, THIS is why the fandom doesnt like Mako, i love you Asami, now korra, no i will never hurt you Asami, OH korra is in the spirit world now?! OH KORRA I MISSED YOU SO MUCH PLZ I LOVE YOU KORRA. Pathetic… ):

The problem is, does anyone actually ship Masami, I can’t remember the last time I saw someone say they shipped them.
    Given that the two said they LOVED each other I think Makorra has to be end game relationship. But they need to get them back together and just keep it there.
    The biggest fear at this stage I have is that we will still be talking about the love triangle come Book 4.
    I think it would be interesting just to see two characters in a relationship go through a whole season or more in that relationship. Like Katara and Aang in the comics, The Search has only minor focus on them as a couple, but it works.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

the ONLY reason people dont ship them now, is because they are all ” Ban wagon shippers” seriously i saw each and every MASAMI shipper go to MAKORRA cuz of what actually happened.. now they are the same people who are calling Asami low and not respecting her independent self. and thats EXACTLY why i hate shipping in general, nobody worries about the lore and story, just the random relationship hook ups. like come on.. did we have to go all the way to Shipping Wars with KATAANG and ZUTARA?! when clearly from Book 1 of ATLA, Aang loved Katara and they have a clear relationship, and katara HATED zuko? come on.

But anyways, im not asking for Mako and Asami to hook up, they are both in desperate situations, obviously not thinking clear. I think we as a whole fandom dont understand what will happen next.. and the creators are keeping us on our toes.

MrTurtle Reply:

Ship Masami as on now? I can’t say that I do now but I did back in book 1. I was never a Makorra shipper but with everything that has happened now, I don’t feel anything that happens shipping wise will be ok. It’s too conflicting.

Kelly Reply:

Yes Morgan people honest to god ship them, and Im totally FINE with that let people ship what they want, however when it leads to insulting and hurting other ships and other fans THAT NEEDS TO STOP. Anyway yeah WHY did they feel the need to do that. Its a big debate and I guess thats something good that came out of it, but not if it leads to more bashing :/

Kelly Reply:

You guys are great btw im talking about tumblr sometimes and stuff.

Oh really, I have no issue with people shipping them either, I have just not seen anyone actively shipping them since the middle of Book 1.
    That said I of course avoid looking up shipping stuff on tumblr for reasons you have stated, it is stepping into an argument.

momo2009 Reply:

He just going through Lok version of highschool 🙂 and who could resist asami sad face 🙂 lol the hard thing to understand do the creators actually like to use this as a main way to create drama and believe it is a good way to provide more characterization? I find that his season many character actually seem different from the first season in a bad way. Lin is now basically a obstacle, asami independent spirt is dampen and Bolin is now the selfish brother.

6. Combustion Man Said: Comment by Combustion Man on November 3, 2013 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

I agree. This back-and-forth shipping that they are doing really takes away from the show. Also, it sends a weird message about these female characters. First, I like the strength that we see in both characters. Korra: strong, independent, great fighter in addition to being the Avatar. Asami: intelligent, business owner, key part of the industrial revolution. Nowhere near the “pretty princess” that plagues western animation. BUT THEN: they belittle the both of them with a love triangle. I would think that saving her business would be more important at this stage. Even Zuko had a moment where he could have had a little fun, but he stayed focused. I liked the episode overall, but I completely disagree with how they treated these strong young women.

I wouldn’t just say that for Korra and Asami, it is affecting Mako as a character too. Especially him, since he was disliked from Book 1 due to this same triangle, Mako right now is kind of defined in the show by the love triangle. It has really taken a lot away from what this investigation plot has done for him.

7. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on November 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

I just hate looking thru Tumblr for artwork and decent pictures of avatar and about 60% is people ranting about things that never even happened in the series.. like why do you have to argue about things that never occured? but i will deal with all that just to find AMAZING ARTWORK! there are some incredible artist in this fandom (: