Korra NYCC 2013 Poster and Episode Screening

As you are all probably aware New York Comic Con is coming up in just over a week, Korra is going to have a panel there on Saturday October 12th at 11am for 1 hour. We knew from a few weeks ago that we would have some exclusive stuff from upcoming episodes, but now we know more details. Source

First up we have the NYCC Korra poster that I assume will be for sale

Korra_NYCC_Poster_FINAL2_09_26_13

Could that be, The Avatar Spirit itself???

I will talk more about this poster later, but for now I will move on to the other piece of news.

A new episode of Korra will be screened during the panel, now if the schedule stays as it is then The Sting will have just aired the night before this panel, so I would assume that this means they will be showing K207 Beginnings Part 1, 6 days ahead of the TV premiere. The other features of the panel include Bryan, Joachim Dos Santos, Janet Varney, PJ Byrne, fan Q and A and never before seen artwork.

So this looks to be a very impressive panel, which is great as NYCC has not had an Avatar panel in years. We will do our best here to cover all information revealed during this panel.

Now back to that poster. Wow, first of all, it is a lovely image, but what is that spirit thing in the back?

I really think that it is the Avatar Spirit itself. Yes, the almost legendary Avatar Spirit, mentioned only a few times in the show, but THE key feature of the Avatar. It is what links all Avatars, they have all had this spirit inside them. So this image would make so much sense, the current Avatar and the First Avatar enveloped by the Avatar Spirit. Also if you go back and look at the statue from K202 you will see that the shape of the thing behind the person is the exact same as this spirit/thing here.

Thoughts?

David Faustino Hints at a Summer Air date for Korra
The Legend of Korra Episode 4 “The Voice In The Night” To Air Today
K210 A New Spiritual Age Episode Review
The Legend Of Korra Video Game Review (Xbox 360)

1. TheMoonslayer Said: Comment by TheMoonslayer on October 1, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

The design on the spirit is something I’ve been hoping to learn more about since we’ve seen hints of it on the statue and several of the spirits in K114 as well as nearly the exact same design on one of the dark spirits from the TV promo shown after the first episodes.

2. YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on October 1, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

The spirit looks like it has skeletal ribs and pelvis in the center… The art is beautiful

3. Avatar M Said: Comment by Avatar M on October 1, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

The spirit…thingie in the background looks like the design behind Wan’s statue that Jinora found in K202. I wonder what that means…

4. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on October 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

I don’t think it is the Avatar Spirit.

Your theory is astounding in it’s scope 😉

Troy Reply:

I strive for that.

5. worldstraveller Said: Comment by worldstraveller on October 1, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

It gives me shivers in a good way what we gonna know about this probably the Avatar Spirit self and this connection and see where it goes.
    you can’t help but being quite curious and exciting about it, I wonder how it will unfold to get to this point.

6. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on October 1, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

Wow I actually like this one more than the sdcc one!! Lucky me, Again like I said Ill cover everything I can while Im there!

7. Azulan Said: Comment by Azulan on October 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Permalink

Wow! Great poster! Is there any word on what these exclusives shown at the panel might be?

8. Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on October 2, 2013 at 2:00 am | Permalink

I am in love with this poster! i can not put in to words how perfect it is for me

9. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on October 2, 2013 at 4:34 am | Permalink

This is poster is really amazing!

10. bigtukker Said: Comment by bigtukker on October 2, 2013 at 4:50 am | Permalink

The first avatar and the… last avatar?

Sarah Reply:

I hope that Korra is not the last Avatar…She is the latest though

YangChen Reply:

That’s a little depressing, I hope not!

11. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on October 2, 2013 at 8:45 am | Permalink

wow, this poster and the SDCC poster are both great. and it does look like that thing in k202. i cant wait to see what happens in the beginnings episodes 🙂

12. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on October 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

*searches for arrow thing as stated in the podcast* hmm…unless you people on the last korra roundtable podcast meant the thingy at the very top of the supposed avatar spirit i dont know what you all are talking about.

The arrow theory comes from one of the trailers when we see a spirit? entering Wan’s body like an arrow, now with this clear image everyone is thinking that this spirit is the Avatar Spirit and that was the moment he became the Avatar.
    The Angle on the top here just adds to that.