Korra Moving from 7pm EST to 8:30pm EST, still Friday and on Nick + Peacekeepers Clip

I know there has been a lot of craziness going on the past few days with tv guides saying that Nicktoons will be airing Book 2 episodes before Nick. A lot of that has been confirmed to be a scheduling error, though we will see what actually happens. The show is staying on Nickelodeon.

Nicktweet

Schedule change

One thing we do now now thanks to Nick on twitter is that Korra is moving from 6pm Central/7pm Eastern to 7:30pm Central/8:30 Eastern. So 1 and a half hours later than has been usual. Their tweet does not say when the change takes effect, but I would assume that that means this weeks episode “Peacekeepers” will be at this new time.

As for the reason behind the change I assume it is to help increase the ratings, a lot of fans have been freaking out and calling Book 2 a flop because of it’s ratings for K203 (2.19 million), that is still pretty high and especially for Friday nights which is much more competitive than Saturday Mornings. I felt that 6pm/7pm Eastern was just a tad too early to maximise viewership, so the later time I think will really help out giving people that extra time to come home from work or whatever.

In other news Nick have released the clip for this weeks episode early, here is the link to the K205 Peacekeepers Clip

www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-117-clip.html

Peacekeepers, Korra, Book 2

Meelo attempts to train Pokie!

Nick.com Forums Confirm Korra Air date as Spring
New Korra Clip + Sifu Kisu Interview
Episode Descriptions for K201-K204 + New Korra Nation Phase starting on Sunday
K210 A New Spiritual Age Description + K209 The Guide Airs tonight at 8pm EST

1. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on October 1, 2013 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

Good I can still watch it! (: and also I was wondering about Meelos lemur, and his name. I see it all over Tumblr spelled differently and im pretty sure its spelled Poki, you know the whole 4 letter word pet names? Naga Appa Momo.. im just guessing, because i dont have the Art Book for Book 2 yet to confirm it. (:

That is the spelling, if you look at the description of the clip on the Nick site is spells it Pokie. Canon.

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

cool (: i didnt even notice that so thanks (:

2. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on October 1, 2013 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

oh my god podcast listeners
    we actually get meelo’s story now

I know, I think it was Troy who totally said we would get some Meelo focus and we were all like Nah it’s going back to Jinora.
    Should be fun.

3. Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on October 2, 2013 at 1:40 am | Permalink

I am worried about time jumps. I always am. it can be the kiss of death. being that this is Friday night…in some parts of the country that is football night and some of the fans maybe in the band or on teams that have to be away from the TV.

But I hope that it will do well. I will be missing the next two weeks because of the change but i have the iTunes season pass so i will get it at midnight

4. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on October 2, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

I wonder who wrote peacekeepers.

5. FairladyZ2005 Said: Comment by FairladyZ2005 on October 3, 2013 at 12:46 am | Permalink

Ugh! Why does this have to air opposite Predicons Rising on The Hub? I was all happy looking forward to being able to watch the my two favorite TV shows on the same night, especially when the Transformers Prime one is literally the series finale and now this. Stupid Nickelodeon, quit messing with the time slot! I wonder if this time change is going to screw up anything for my friend who watches Korra on west coast US time. I’ll have to let her know about the change. I’ll probably have to catch the rerun of Korra now (or off On Demand), since I’m not sure Predicons Rising will rerun. This really sucks!

Predacons Rising has been online for weeks now, I reviewed it a while back.

FairladyZ2005 Reply:

It is? Well then, I guess that’s good news, so I can watch Korra after all. Yay! I still home my friend on the west coast can watch Korra though, she’s busy and her schedule gets a little tricky, especially with such short notice. She’s tried watching the season 2 premiere off Nick.com but the buffering/load time was insanely slow.

I am glad the next two-parter will air on the same night, can’t wait to find out the origin of the Avatar.

FairladyZ2005 Reply:

Wait, where is Preds Rising up online? Just checked the Hub Network website and it’s not there? Sorry to be a bother. And if all else fails I do have the DVD pre-ordered so I think I just watch Korra first anyway.

I don’t think it was official, I assume it leaked somewhere early.

FairladyZ2005 Reply:

Thanks. I think I’ll just wait for it normally if it’s not official yet. And my friend got stuff straightened out for Korra’s new time so everything is good. Yay! Looks like Korra will be airing at 8:30 pacific time as well. Season 2 has been even better than season 1 so far. Can’t wait to see what happens on Korra next.