Korra: Making Of A Legend event Starts today on Nicktoons

Korra Title final

Yes, we do have something new coming out Korra related. The Korra: Making Of A Legend event which will run on Nicktoons for 12 days from Today July 9th to July 20th.

Korra Title final

What it is about is basically each day we will see 1 episode of Korra, a creator cut version, where Mike and Bryan will at times explain some of the background behind scenes. We do not know exactly how it will work and how long Mike and Bryan will talk for, but we should hopefully get some new insight into the episodes.

It starts tonight at 9PM Eastern Time which is 8PM Central/ 2am on July 10th British and Irish time, 1am GMT.

Here is the trailer from IGN

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO VIEW THESE EPISODES IN THE COMMENTS OR ELSEWHERE ON THE SITE.

Just use google or pm people with links if you wish 🙂

Preview clip for Beginnings
Korra Episode Review - K405 Enemy At The Gates
The Legend Of Korra Book 4 Balance DVD Review
Avatar SDCC 2016 Exclusive Merch Revealed

1. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 9, 2012 at 2:29 am | Permalink

I always love how they use quotes from ALOK when advertising 😀
    Also, thanks for the time conversions! Saves me all the trouble 😛

I was a bit confused myself at first, so I thought I should but down some common time zones.

I am staying up till 2 in the morning to see what happens, hopefully it is interesting.

2. Sarah Said: Comment by Sarah on July 9, 2012 at 2:56 am | Permalink

I cant wait! the worse part is on the 20th i am going to be on a plane when the last episode is being shown so i have a friend taping them for me that way i will be able to watch them…

3. worldstraveller Said: Comment by worldstraveller on July 9, 2012 at 5:47 am | Permalink

too bad I can’t catch up with it, , I have to go sleep early today, because tomorrow have to wake up early, pretty much the whole week :s, a very busy week for me, hardly with time for myself.

I am sure they will be online to watch at a later date. The fandom as it is now makes everything easily available 🙂

4. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on July 9, 2012 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Im missing from July 9th to the 13th, I hope my DVR works and records them if not I can search the internet 🙁

5. Avatar Andres Said: Comment by Avatar Andres on July 9, 2012 at 8:51 am | Permalink

They seem cool, but what show has ever down this? I know that there are this kind of episodes for many many shows, but they’re on dvd. Its cool though.

6. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 9, 2012 at 11:59 am | Permalink

its too bad i cant watch it because i dont have nicktoons on my tv. 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

Lauren Reply:

I agree! Why can’t they just play it on Nickelodeon so more people can watch? I guess we just have to wait until someone puts it online.

7. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 9, 2012 at 11:59 am | Permalink

its also too bad i cant watch it live online. 🙁

Lauren Reply:

That would be amazing! They could have an online chat too along with the show with it.

8. Alisia Said: Comment by Alisia on July 9, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

I cant watch it i dont have cable at all i watch episodes online but i dont know if i will be able to see these online might have to wait til its on dvd:( who knows how long that will be

Lauren Reply:

I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything about the DVD release yet. Maybe they are waiting until after this whole week of shows airs before giving out new details.

9. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on July 9, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

OMG ive been awake for hours on the pure excitement in waiting for this day! 😀 i am really excited on what will be shown. (: i CANNOT WAIT!

10. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait to watch :D. Hopefully, this will include some great new insight or answer some questions we have all had in our minds.

Lauren Reply:

Dang it I just realized it said Nicktoons, not Nickelodeon. I guess I will have to wait till it comes online 🙁

11. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 9, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

Well into K102 nothing new from Mike or Bryout the an just a few comments about the scenes. I will try to keep everyone updated. Bryke only talk for like 30 seconds when they come back from a commercial break

economybender Reply:

Did I miss so much ? or that is not really useful ?
    Then, how I can search that video “making of legend” ?

Ricardo Reply:

Thanks for keeping us all updated!

12. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 9, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Permalink

Sorry mispell and I. Can’t edit from my ph newone. I tryed to type nothing new from bryke about the show

13. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on July 9, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

omg I. Hate my phone. Sorry guys. Silly autocorrect

economybender Reply:

No problems, since I can understand your comment

14. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 10, 2012 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Will Korra “making of the legend ” tell us about bending again as same as avatar making of the legend in ATLA ?

15. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 10, 2012 at 1:34 am | Permalink

Then, can someone PM the free watch links of those making of legend to another members including me ?

16. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 10, 2012 at 1:36 am | Permalink

Then, is it on nicktoons everyday ? IF it is 12 episode from 9th to 20th July

Well K101 and K102 were yesterday, so they seem to be airing them the same way they did on Nick so that could mean K111 and K112 air the same day too.
    Meaning that the final 2 days won’t have a new episode. Unless they are not doing the event at the weekend.

Ricardo Reply:

It is only on weekdays, as was said during the promotion.

17. FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on July 10, 2012 at 8:43 am | Permalink

I honestly was a bit disappointed. The short 30-second scenes with Mike and Bryan revealed almost nothing so far that us fans didn’t know. I know it’s only the premiere and when we get further they might show more, but all they really did was comment on the scenes that just played. There wasn’t any real “making-of” material in it. It was interesting, but I certainly hope it gets better as the event goes along.

Avatar Amanda Reply:

i agree. but it’s nice to see the creators clear up on things for people who haven’t seen ATLA. but yeah, for us fans, nothing new

Kelly Reply:

Agreed, Us super fans already know this
    though I feel episode 5 will be VERY interesting
    muahahahahaaa

Ricardo Reply:

What in particular would make episode 5 interesting?

Mike and Bryan will have to talk about shipping.

Ricardo Reply:

Oh yeah. *face palm*.
    I knew that it was the episode that deals with their relationships but it never occurred to me that they would have to mention it. Fail by me >.>

18. Kate Said: Comment by Kate on July 14, 2012 at 2:48 am | Permalink

If you guys don’t get Nicktoons, they are uploading all of the episodes with the commentary right here: http://nicktoons.nick.com/videos/playlist/korra-making-of-a-legend-playlist-3.html

I watched all the episodes this week and it was pretty interesting.

19. mario Said: Comment by mario on July 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Ya i watched a few on nicktoons.com, its really good since you can watch it whenever you want.

20. Veronica Said: Comment by Veronica on July 21, 2012 at 1:30 am | Permalink

So it’s over now right? How many episodes are there?

Ricardo Reply:

Yeah, it’s now finished. There were 10 episodes.