Korra Book 4 Name Revealed – Balance

Korra Nation have just revealed the name of the last Book of Korra.

Book 4 Balance

Book4Balance

They also have the caption “Get Ready” with this image. We heard last week that Australia are getting Book 4 in January or February and this could mean we are getting it sooner rather than later. Why would we get ready for Book 4 when it is like 9 months away?

Along with this Bryan reblogged the tumblr post and said “SOON”.

Thoughts?

First Look At The Pro Bender Arena Features Some Awesome Bending Action
Episode Descriptions for K201-K204 + New Korra Nation Phase starting on Sunday
Final Book 2 episode titles revealed.
Korra Comics confirmed to be delayed

1. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on September 6, 2014 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Just saying, I called it when we learned book 3 was change but it is still pretty awesome. And with all the ‘soon’ gets me curious. Just how soon is it coming.

2. PerformerFX Said: Comment by PerformerFX on September 6, 2014 at 9:52 am | Permalink

“Soon”

I HATE THIS WORD. What does “soon” mean?
    Korra Nation Book 3 “Coming Soon” Anyone remembers? ARGH!!!

>.<

At least this time we have the nick australia Book 4 window to give us some basis.
    So start of January or some time in December for me right now.

PerformerFX Reply:

… And we still don’t know if that’s true. Based on what we know it could be. But Bryan/Korra Nation said nothing so far. So I stay away from that potential “release window”.

3. Kuruk Said: Comment by Kuruk on September 6, 2014 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Book 4 is coming this year, only people from australia has to wait til 2015. Please, learn to reason…

Reason would tell me that Nick often change their plans especially when they announce them so far in advance. As far as we know now Australia is getting the Book some time in 2015 right now they think Jan/Feb (The fact that they list two months shows it is not in stone) and USA are getting it soon.
    I think it is highly likely that we may see Book 4 released this year, but I would not say it is confirmed yet.

4. Atry Said: Comment by Atry on September 6, 2014 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Hey Morgan, didn’t you and that other guy predict this would be the name on the latest admin talk?

Troy Reply:

KEVIL!!!!!

PurplePlatypusBear Reply:

Yeah, his name is Keval and he runs avatarthelegendofkorraonline.com

Yeah, but I don’t think it as any sort of amazing prediction, I think most fans thought one book of Korra would be called Balance. It only fits that it is the last one.

5. Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on September 6, 2014 at 11:21 am | Permalink

Wow if we get it this year I would be very impressed. But I feel like they are rushing to just be done with Korra.

北方拓芙 Reply:

Quite frankly, even if they are rushing, I personally couldn’t care less. If the episodes are done, then show them to us, don’t leave them to collect dust like ATLA book 3.

ThePreciseClimber Reply:

So what happened to ATLA’s Book 3? Did they delay it just for the sake of delaying it?

I am not sure if we ever got the full story, but the airing of Book 3 Fire was a complete disaster, though it did surprisingly well in terms of ratings.
    A mix of the longest wait for an Avatar Book ever, now eclipsed by the wait for Korra Book 2. Then when they did start to air the episodes there were lots of gaps, an episode here another break 2 episodes here. Then I believe a couple of episodes aired in the UK before America and there was that whole spoiler issue that came up. I believe midway through the book there was a very long break between episodes, then it came back and more scattered airing of episodes.
    A kids Sozin Comet Book came out early and spoiled the finale before it aired.
    Leading of course to the way they finished ATLA where they premiered The Western Air Temple to Ember Island Players one a day until July 19th where they aired all 4 parts of the finale.
    Effectively the second half of Book 3 in a week.

I honestly do not know if Nick held back the episodes for some reason or if production was right up to the deadlines. I would say a mix of both. But someone probably remembers this better than me.

6. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on September 6, 2014 at 11:49 am | Permalink

People have been speculating that Book 4 was named balance. The thing I am concerned about is the future of the avatar series based on this. Of course I would love to have another series, it seems that Nickelodeon is rushing this, and that there will probably not be another series after Book 4.

Troy Reply:

I don’t think the book title can be used to figure out the possibilitys of future books. Balance is a epic thing to call a book and I like the title because they are hitting its hard and not leaving any drama for future books.

北方拓芙 Reply:

@Troy I agree, should be a very interesting “book”.
    __

And @Avatar Yangchen, yeah, it does feel like they are rushing Korra, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there won’t be a new series. It could, but not necessarily. We could be seeing a Book 5 or perhaps an entirely new series in about 4-5 years.

But even if it is the last Avatar series, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad thing. Sure, I like Avatar, just like all of you, but every story needs an ending. Every person’s creativity and inspiration has a limit. We’ve all seen what happens when people get greedy and take a story WAY beyond where they should. If it does end here, we’ll be left with 113 quality episodes total. That’s not a bad thing at all. Not to mention we have more comics on the way.

I really struggle to see how they could have run out of ideas and inspiration for Avatar already, this universe is so vast and big with literally thousands of years unexplored in the past and even then they could go back further or go further forward.
    The problem with saying every story needs and ending is that the Avatar Universe has gone beyond being just one story, already we have two series about 2 different Avatars. There is so much left to explore and if it were to just end now that would just be ending so much potential that this universe has to offer. Avatar IMO could become the next Star Wars with the quality of universe available to tell stories in.
    Even with the comics we are only covering a tiny amount of this universe’s timeline.
    We know very little about the time in between Wan and YangChen, we have hundreds of Avatars we know nothing about and even then their is he potential to tell new stories with the ones we know about. There are opportunities to tell stories set solely in the spirit world with little to no human characters, set a story pre Wan and not have a series focused on an Avatar.
    If Korra was to be the end of Avatar as animation, I feel it would be a poor choice. I think we are at the stage now where when Book 4 ends and Mike and Bryan take their well deserved break, they need/should address the future of the Avatar Universe, it is that big that I feel they need to leave us with an idea of what to look for as a fandom and not just have it be another end of ATLA where the show ends and the fandom just assumes everything is over.

北方拓芙 Reply:

I’m usually the minority in these cases. Whenever I go to fan forums (for whatever series) and tell people I wouldn’t mind (or even actually liked) if a series just ended forever, the overwhelming majority of people tell me just one thing: no way, we want more.
    __

I agree with you on one thing: there is A LOT left to be told with Avatar. If Mike and Bryan feel they can keep telling quality stories (which they obviously still can, even after almost 10 years), I’m all for it, no way I’m going to just up and pack when there’s more they still want to tell. But if they feel they’ve reached their limit or just want to try new things, I’m not going to “demand” they continue. Creativity and inspiration don’t just work on a “on-demand” basis.
    __

The last thing I want is for Avatar to become the next Star Wars. Inevitably, when a franchise continues for too long and too many people get their hands on it, quality will inevitably get lost along the way. We’ve all seen what happened with Star Wars, with excessive expanded universe stories, all of which ended up being considered non-canon with the upcoming Episode VII – not to mention most people didn’t care about them anyway.
    __

Same thing happened with pretty much every comics franchise in America: Marvel, DC… they’ve been reusing the same characters over and over for more than 50 years and even though a few recent series have been pretty decent, quality decresed – a lot – for just not being able to let those characters “die” and experiment with new things. It’s even starting to happen with the movies based on those characters.
    __

Quite frankly, I’d just rather have less material and have all of it be top notch than reach a point where most people would go: “Avatar was just cool at the beginning, now they’re just doing it for the sake of doing it”. I believe every story needs an ending.
    __

But there’s one thing I definitely DO want more of: comics. Honestly, I’m not going to rest until they at least bring us through to Korra’s birth and erase every question mark we were left with at the end of ATLA (and possibly Korra).

Jonathan Gathers Reply:

Actually, Bryke confirmed that Book 4 (Balance, apparently) will be the end of LOK. They said they plan to take a long break afterwards, but they also said they aren’t going to continue the Avatar series. The comics will, of course, but they will tie up Book 4 in a way that ensures the Avatar Cycle does go on.

Didn’t anyone else hear that?

@avatarjon
    In an recent interview they said as you mention that are going to do as they did after ATLA and take a few years away from Avatar to focus on other projects that are less intensive.
    But they did not say they would not continue the Avatar series, what they did say is something along the lines of
    “it(Avatar Universe) will inevitably draw us back in”
    Which to me seems more or less identical to the break between ATLA and Korra, they took a break and eventually came back.

@jrdemr
    I agree that I would not like Avatar to do what Star Wars did and have so many people creating stories and George Lucas only considering some of them canon.
    Right now I think we have a nice cycle were it to continue. All content coming out is canon, video games, webcomics, actual comics and shows. The only non canon stuff we have in our fandom is some of the lesser known trading card characters, a few Lost Adventures stories which are clearly put in a non canon section of the book and some of the Avatar Extras facts.

I just mean that it could become like Star Wars in the sense that it is a universe known for more than just 1 show/series of movies. It is a well known franchise and I think the way Avatar is being handled at the moment could make for one of the best ones ever were it to continue in this way.

There is a right way to continue a big universe on, I think Avatar could be the one to do it well.

I would like to see Dark Horse at least have 1 more series on the go with the post ATLA stories. Just so we get to see more of the artists that have done stuff on the Free Comics/Lost Adventures get a chance to do more Avatar. Just something to show more of the universe than just extra Aang adventures, which are great, but I think the comics telling a story exclusive to the comics would create a jumping on point for comic fans who are no into Avatar right now. A monthly Avatar comic starting with number 1. I would love to see how Avatar would do up against the likes of Marvel and DC month to month. The comics so far have all been bestsellers, so I don’t think it would be much of a risk.

The one thing that Avatar really has going for it is that each Avatar is effectively a brand new time period, there are so many that huge canon issues can be avoided just because of the scale of the timeline and universe.

I agree that there is definitely a point where you have to call it quits and not just keep it going indefinitely, but for me Avatar should be nowhere near that just yet. At the very least they need to finish the cycle with series. Tell the story of an Earth and Fire Avatar then you can end it, Balanced 😉

北方拓芙 Reply:

Hmm, an Earth and Fire Avatar to complete the cycle, should be nice 🙂
    __

I agree, it’s not doing bad the way it’s doing now, as long as they keep the current model and have the creativity to back it up, I should have no complaints. But a monthly comics series… don’t know if that’s the best way to go. It could work if Mike and Bryan are involved and they have a decent writer; but the artwork would soon begin to be inconsistent, a monthly series can be really grinding. So honestly, to me it’s just fine the way it is, the yearly series may come at a slower pace, but they’re consistently good, both in terms of the writing and the art.
    __

Oh, and do you have the link to the interview you mentioned to @avatarjon ?

I believe this is the one. I listened to it a week or two ago. Can’t remember exactly where they say what I paraphrased, but it may be towards the end. Either way it is one of the better interviews with Mike and Bryan I have heard, though more focused on production/writing rather than the type of interview I as a fan would give.

北方拓芙 Reply:

Thanks! 😉

7. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on September 6, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

I have been seeing that Book 4 will be released all at once. Apparently BRYKE was in a podcast and told everyone this. If so that would be different.

北方拓芙 Reply:

Do you have the link?

Didn’t hear that myself, I know they talked about how other shows do that, but they never said anything about Korra getting that.

The recent Nick Australia Book 4 info did mention that over there the whole Book 4 will probably go up all at once. But I doubt tha affects the premieres of the episodes.

8. Phoenix King Said: Comment by Phoenix King on September 7, 2014 at 5:24 am | Permalink

BALANCE…… Cool TITLE.
    The best part is this title is that it resembles the END

9. Jeremy Bulosan Said: Comment by Jeremy Bulosan on September 11, 2014 at 12:48 am | Permalink

I am surprised that Book 4 will premiere on October 3 2014. Got the news from ign

Jonathan Gathers Reply:

Wait… What?! Gimme the link! What proof do you have? Are you serious?
    REALLY?!