Korra Book 3 Storyboard + The Search Part 3 description and Release Date

Asami

DOUBLE NEWS!!!!

First up from Bryan on Tumblr

We have our first look at Book 3 through this Storyboard of Asami by Ryu Ki-Hyun

Asami

Spoilers Asami survives into Book 3 /JOKE. Nice to see some Book 3 stuff already. Does further show how long we have been waiting for Book 2 though.

The Search Part 3 Description and Release Date

The Second piece of news is that we have a release date for The Search Part 3, October 30th in comic stores meaning that the normal Book store date AKA the date that will be on Amazon will be November 12th.

Now the big news from Dark Horse here is that we now have a description of Part 3.

Avatar Aang travels to the spirit world to parley with an ancient power, bringing Fire Lord Zuko ever closer to discovering the truth about his mother’s fate—and his own past.

Yet Zuko’s sister Azula is becoming increasingly dangerous, threatening to ruin everything that Zuko, Aang, Katara, and Sokka have struggled to achieve on their search!

Sounds very interesting to me, Spirit World action is always a plus, Ursa being linked to the spirits somehow is very interesting. Azula remaining a threat in Part 3, what does that mean for a possible redemption or change for Azula.
Thoughts on the news ?

1. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on May 17, 2013 at 6:52 am | Permalink

Oct 30 is latter than I hoped for. I’ll be knee deep in schoolwork and won’t be able to provide coverage of it. :(
    On the plus side we get a rough sketch of Asami’s book 3 look.

2. Avatar of mysticsokka
    mysticsokka Said: Comment by mysticsokka on May 17, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

korra is coming. Yeh

3. Avatar of Eska
    Eska Said: Comment by Eska on May 17, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Permalink

Yay!
    Whats Asamu holding…

Eska Reply:

***Asami

Kelly Reply:

Im pretty sure a wooden spoon for some kind of food

Avatar M Reply:

I think either…
    a. a wrench
    b. an oar
    c. a spoon

Those are my guesses.

Eska Reply:

Then thats a really big spoon….

Srijay Kasturi Reply:

There is a wire, maybe a mike?

TheMoonslayer Reply:

It looks like she might be on a boat and due to her posture and the fact that she’s only using one hand I think she’s probably holding onto the handle of an outboard motor

Arpakasso Reply:

no if it was a motor then it would be placed more behind her, I think its most likely an oar.

4. Avatar of stefan
    stefan Said: Comment by stefan on May 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Awesome news! They are working on Book 4 as well.

Speaking of The Search Part 3,It is probably the delusions of Azula while insane made her became more dangerous. Because she thinks Zuko gets to see Ursa and keeps the throne.She is like a very angery Hulk or Wolverine. Stopping her is for her benefit.

Gene Yang said in an interview with Avatar Wiki that Azula in The Search will be different but still recognizable. The dynamic between Azula and Zuko will be fresh and new not be a repeat of what had come before, but at the same time feel like a natural outgrowth of what came before.

5. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on May 17, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

it doesnt necessarily seem like they will be able to fit all of that into one comic

6. Keval Said: Comment by Keval on May 18, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

Hey Air Speed,

The advertisements on the sides are sort of cutting off the some text. Not much at all – but I just thought you should know about that. I recommend shifting the left advertisement over a few pixels. Not much, maybe 2-3px.

johnny Reply:

funny, i never saw any adds on this website. add blockers make things so much more pleasant :D

Thanks for letting me know, I will let Jordan Know.

7. Avatar of YangChen
    YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on May 23, 2013 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

I wish it showed you a whole storyboard instead of one picture

8. Avatar of Creepypastafan2000
    Creepypastafan2000 Said: Comment by Creepypastafan2000 on June 8, 2013 at 1:27 am | Permalink

can’t wait its been 11 months!

9. Avatar of Creepypastafan2000
    Creepypastafan2000 Said: Comment by Creepypastafan2000 on June 8, 2013 at 1:29 am | Permalink

the first season ended June on last year I’m just say’n com’on Nick! hurry up!!!!!! >_<

10. Avatar of avataraang