Korra Book 3 Change DVD/Blu Ray coming December 2nd

As we heard at SDCC the Book 3 DVD and Blu Ray are indeed coming out before the end of the year. Thanks to tvshowsondvd.com we know that the date for both set’s release is December 2nd 2014, much quicker than previous dvd sets.

Book3dvd

Right now this is more than likely a placeholder image for the dvd set as we have had a unique piece of art for the previous 2 dvd covers.

We also get confirmation on most of the extras.

13 episode commentaries for the Blu Ray and 4 for the dvd
13 animatics on the Blu Ray and 4 on the dvd
Plus some behind the scenes features which have yet to be detailed.

I am excited that we do not have long to wait for the home release of Book 3, a big change from previous years. The difference in extras between the dvd and blu ray continues to baffle and frustrate me though.

Thoughts?

Starting an Avatar The Last Airbender Forum / Community, Need Moderators and Participation
Korra Soundtrack Cover Revealed
Book 2 trailer from SDCC Panel, Out September
New SDCC 2014 Korra Merchandise

1. ThePreciseClimber Said: Comment by ThePreciseClimber on September 3, 2014 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Well, I hope they’ll pick a fitting colour palette for the cover this time… 😛
    Dark green, maybe? Dark blue looks okay too, I guess.

Oh, and about the extras… Yeah, it seems like DVD-buyers are always only getting a demo version of the actual release. Kinda sucks if you don’t have a BD-player yet.

北方拓芙 Reply:

I find it really ironic that, even though I have a Blu-Ray player, I’d get the DVD version were it not for the subtitles. I don’t care so much for the extras and with upscaling I barely notice the difference in resolution, specially with animation (not to mention it’s cheaper 😛 ).
    —
    Still don’t know why subtitles are also a Blu-Ray exclusive. Can’t be that hard to include them – they barely take up any space.

I never bothered to check for subtitles since I don’t use them, but wow are they really exclusive to the blu ray too?

北方拓芙 Reply:

Mindbogglingly, yes. I don’t actually need them, mind you, but it’s easier to watch if you don’t have to concentrate as much on just the audio, not to mention it’s really useful for when you’re eating.
    __

Unfortunately, the Book Two Blu-Ray only has SDH subtitles, unlike the Book One Blu-Ray, which has both SDH and non-SDH. It’s really distracting when subtitles that have absolutely no interest to the hearing-impaired keep cropping up all over the place like [dramatic music] over the opening credits and [engine roaring] when you can clearly see a motorbike on screen.

2. 北方拓芙 Said: Comment by 北方拓芙 on September 3, 2014 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Um… cool, I guess… Well, we’re certainly getting stuff a lot faster this time around!… At this rate, by this time next year we’ll already have the Book 4 DVD/Blu-Ray too!

3. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on September 3, 2014 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

I have always had a problem with the exclusive of blu-ray special features. I only have a DVD player and I LOVE the extras on anything. I really enjoy the comantaries and any other extras. But at least I can get the DVD for Christmas!

KevinTriforce Reply:

It is called blu ray has more space. They can’t fit it all on a dvd.

That is not really true.
    If they wanted to they could put more of the extras on the dvd, probably not everything, but more onto the dvd.

For me the main issue I have is that the DVD sets only get 4 episode commentary tracks. Which is just a separate audio track over the episode not a big additional video extra.

Especially when the Book 1 and 2 DVD sets had such a difference in quantity of content per disk.
    Book 1’s dvd set had 6 episodes per disc + 2 episode commentaries on each disc and one of the discs had the puppet bender short on it.

Book 2’s dvd set had 7 episodes on each disc + 2 episodes commentaries on each disc + one disc had a bunch of animatics features and one of the features on family in Book 2.

Book 2 had a whole episode more + more extras on each disc compared to Book 1, they could easily had had more commentaries on at least the Book 1 sets but they didn’t.

Space is not the issue as far as I am concerned.

4. Avatar Wan Said: Comment by Avatar Wan on September 3, 2014 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

Wow, nice to see such a fast release and will be really interested to see the actual cover.

5. Tumas Said: Comment by Tumas on September 6, 2014 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Korranation has just revealed the name of Book 4!