Korra Book 3 Animation Complete

Thanks to Studio Mir on their facebook page, we now know that the animation for Book 3 Change is complete!!!

mir

“we finished animating Book 3 but we are not sure about Nick schedule. Thanks!”

We all know that animation is not the last stage in the production on a book of Korra, but it is a very good sign to see that the animation is done on all episodes. Meaning that based on all other production updates at most all that is left is colour correction and music on the last few episodes. But mainly it seems like everyone working on the show is just waiting on Nickelodeon to make a decision on when to air Book 3.

They also responded to a question about the release date, confirming again that they do not know, but that they suspect that it will be soon.

“we do not know when it will be released but it will be pretty soon!”

At this stage I find it very difficult to really predict when we will get the next big Book 3 update (Trailer or release date) I feel like they probably will do the reveals at SDCC, but that seems too far away given all of these positive production updates.

Thoughts on when Book 3 is coming?

Trailer For The Legend of Korra Season Finale
Airspeed's Editorials - My Book 2 Spirits Preview
K205 Peacekeepers Episode Description
K407 "Reunion" Preview Clip

1. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on May 10, 2014 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

That is great news! I think it will come out very soon, probably sooner than SDCC. I remember in book 1 they said they were working on the last two episodes up until a week before it aired. Hopefully nick will find a spot to put it soon and they will stick to it instead of changing the time every few weeks like they did with book 2.

2. Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on May 10, 2014 at 6:17 pm | Permalink

this is wonderful news! but it bothers me that it is once again NICK that the fandom is waiting on.. well at least it has to be sooner than later, and that means Book 4 is going to be airing even sooner than we think! (:

3. HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on May 11, 2014 at 11:14 am | Permalink

I predict we will a trailer tomorrow or the next day, or the next day or the next day of the next day or perhaps the next day or the next day or the next day of the next millennium! I’m so excited, I’m not making any sense 🙂

4. BOLIN(combustion specialist). Said: Comment by BOLIN(combustion specialist). on May 12, 2014 at 5:10 am | Permalink

so am finally gonna watch book3

5. Matt Said: Comment by Matt on May 12, 2014 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

wondering if they’re waiting longer so they can air books 3 and 4 with no hiatus in between…

There is realistically no chance of this happening, sure they could be holding it back to shorten the off season between 3 and 4, but it won’t get rid of the hiatus.
    Animation on Korra takes a long time, in or around 9 months to complete 1 episode and Mir work on multiple episodes at the same time so effectively a full season works out at 12-15 months of animation.

By all accounts Book 3 animation was only finished at most a month ago, so I am sure they are already working on Book 4, but there is no way it will be done in time to air Book 4 as soon as Book 3 ends. Remember that Book 3 is just 13 episodes and with 2 parters and few airing breaks it will be aired in full in about 2 months and most expect a September Book 3 release date. So the chances of immediate Book 4 airing is very low.

6. Jonathan-Wesley Said: Comment by Jonathan-Wesley on May 17, 2014 at 10:05 am | Permalink

SEPTEMBER?!!! I HEARD SUMMER 2014 ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one knows or really has any idea of the release date, we are commpletely at the merch of Nick and when they decide to air it. More than likely Book 3 is just about finished in terms of production, it is just Nick not letting anyone know when the show is coming.
    September makes sense because it would be a year after Book 2 premiered and that shows that Nick are ok with airing Korra in September, to possibly make that Korra’s airing window from here on out.
    We more than likely get a date and trailer at San Diego Comic Con in July.