Korra Book 2 Spirits starts TONIGHT!!!

Book 2 logo

If you had told me back when I wrote a post like this about the Book 1 Air finale that it would be nearly 15 months before I would write the next episode reminder post, I would have called you crazy and laughed it off.

It has been a tough 15 months for the fandom, with very little information to go off until about 2-3 months ago.

Book 2 logo

Book 2 at last is here!

At last we are here, Premiere Day.

Today, September 13th Korra returns with 1 hour premiere of Book 2 Spirits. Which will feature K201 Rebel Spirit and also K202 The Southern Lights.

Now all that is left is to remember the time and be there to watch.

The premiere begins at 6pm Central time/7pm Eastern Time/Midnight British and Irish time/11pm GMT and just check out your time difference if you live elsewhere.

It of course will air on Nickelodeon. While the site does not post links to view the episodes in non official ways I will say that livestreams will be readily available all over the place if you do not have Nick.

If you want to discuss the episodes we have 2 discussion threads on the sites forums, 1 for each episode.

Rebel Spirits Discussion Thread

The Southern Lights Discussion Thread

How excited are you, just under 13 hours to go as of the time I am writing this post.

1. Avatar of Whynnd
    Whynnd Said: Comment by Whynnd on September 13, 2013 at 4:43 am | Permalink

Oooh, I am so excited!

2. Avatar of Atry
    Atry Said: Comment by Atry on September 13, 2013 at 5:14 am | Permalink

At last my boredom can be quenched!

Oh and I forgot to mention; James Remar who voices Tonraq is also the man who played Harry Morgan in Dexter. I guess fathers are his speciality ;)

3. Avatar of ๅŒ—ๆ–นๆ‹“่Š™
    ๅŒ—ๆ–นๆ‹“่Š™ Said: Comment by ๅŒ—ๆ–นๆ‹“่Š™ on September 13, 2013 at 7:27 am | Permalink

Actually, I think I read somewhere (Mundo Avatar, I think) back in 2011 that Korra was scheduled to premiere with Book One in Spring 2012 and follow up with Book Two on Fall 2013, so the wait didn’t come as a shock to me at all (though the severe lack of info up until three months ago did).
    Actually, 15 months don’t seem all that much to me. More than two years and I would start getting worried, but 15 months I can handle. Not to mention I always like to wait until a season is over to begin watching it (so I can watch it all in one go – it “feels” better to me that way), so the wait is going to continue for me for at least 12 more weeks.
    Given the time we had to wait for Book Two, 2014 will probably be a Korra-less year, with just The Rift to keep us going. We likely won’t have Book Three until Spring 2015…

For Avatar fans it was a very long wait. The longest we had previously was 9 months between Book 2 and 3. So this was much, much longer.
    Made worse as you say by basically a year of no news more or less.

I think things are back on track now, I don’t think it will be 15 months to Book 3, but it could be around 9 or so to a year.

4. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on September 13, 2013 at 11:04 am | Permalink

Its still not hitting me that its actually happening. Maybe it will once Im crying on the floor because of feels after both episodes!

Water-Tribe Heart Reply:

yes!!! lol

Troy Reply:

For me it kicked in just now.

5. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on September 13, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

finally the day has come we have been quite a patient fandom but today is the day we have waited for, and im getting goosebumps from just saying that today has come!

6. Avatar of Korra Watermaster
    Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on September 13, 2013 at 11:38 am | Permalink

So excited and cant wait to see this

Korra Watermaster Reply:

http://sot.ag/7jfT/ please help recruit some people

7. Avatar of economybender
    economybender Said: Comment by economybender on September 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

should I keep my eyes open till 03.00 am in my time ?

8. Avatar of Hyriu 85
    Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on September 13, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well now that that is out of my system… I hace been unussually calm all day until i got home from school a bit ago and now its starting to hit me. Uts here finally here after such a long and painful wait. It. Is. Here.

9. Avatar of Troy
  10. Avatar of worldstraveller
    worldstraveller Said: Comment by worldstraveller on September 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

I’m so nervous I can’t believe is coming….(I know Korra at start will make me feel uncomfortable with some of her choices)

11. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on September 13, 2013 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Time to do my hair for my video review of The Southern Lights.

12. Avatar of Rance100
    Rance100 Said: Comment by Rance100 on September 13, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

What a Great First Two Episodes!

13. Avatar of blindbandit
    blindbandit Said: Comment by blindbandit on September 13, 2013 at 6:10 pm | Permalink

Just got done watching it!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! So glad it’s back!!!!!

Hannah230 Reply:

who isn’t glad?

14. Avatar of Whynnd
    Whynnd Said: Comment by Whynnd on September 13, 2013 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

I just finished watching it … WOWWWW!!!! AGH IM SO EXCITED

15. Avatar of 10oop
    10oop Said: Comment by 10oop on September 13, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

i wasn’t impressed personally. Glad it’s back but still.

16. Avatar of Admin / Jordash
    Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on September 13, 2013 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

Loved the premiere! Freaking awesome!

OG Sokka Reply:

Gee wiz long time no see bro. glad you liked it. hope your doing well, Hope to see you more active now that we are back and in full swing. Mabey even get you on a podcast again…. ;)

17. Sogno Said: Comment by Sogno on September 13, 2013 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

I liked it !!! Not much complaining on this end (:

18. Avatar of Hannah230
    Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on September 14, 2013 at 10:54 am | Permalink

THAT PREMIERE WAS AWESOME I’M GOING TO WATCH IT AGAIN!!!!

19. Avatar of Anton
    Anton Said: Comment by Anton on September 14, 2013 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

now thats how you start a season! That was awesome!!! already watched them twice!!! And omg episode 2 was like… In the end with all these spirits, the new avatar statue appearing and the troops marching against the south pole I almost peed my pants from the excitment O.O..

20. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on September 15, 2013 at 10:40 am | Permalink

the first two episodes were great :) i cant wait until next week. i just hate when theres more waiting :P