Korra Book 1 DVD trailer.

coming soon

How on earth did we all miss this.

coming soon

A trailer from absolutely nowhere for Korra Book 1 on DVD. Coming Soon is all it mentions in terms of a release date. A very good sign.

Thoughts ?

1. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on November 25, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

hmm…interesting, though i suppose it would be better if they gave an exact date…

Avatar of

momo2009 Reply:

are you going to buy it?

2. Avatar of Airspeed Prime
    Airspeed Prime Said: Comment by Airspeed Prime on November 25, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

This is such an odd way for a dvd trailer to come out, I was just lucky with a youtube search and came across this. Where did this originate from.

Ricardo Reply:

Possibly just the odd trailer on Nickelodeon. I don’t think we have Nick in the UK.

3. Avatar of Callum Fryars
    Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on November 25, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

Darn right after the podcast as well!

I know, the video is from a few weeks ago too. I saw nothing about it until a few minutes ago. This is just an odd news find.

4. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on November 25, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

well… if you found it on youtube, who posted it? surely if it isnt official, some average joe is not just gonna get his hands on a trailer for such a release. but judging by the copyright stuff on the bottom though, maybe it is real.

It is definitely real because of the copyright stuff and the announcer being the same throughout. No idea where it originally came from.

Joey Reply:

if you read the copyrights it says ’2012 Viacom.’ then it says ‘coming soon,’ therefore implying that it will take a while to be released. if it were to be released in this year, it would have to come out in around 35 days. i think that its unlikely that a couple of weeks before the date, they would spontaeneously announce this.

The copyright for korra is naturally in 2012 since that is when the show aired.

The copyrights mentioned are for this clip released now in 2012 not the dvd which most likely will be out early next year at this stage.

Joey Reply:

ah. good point. well, every theory needs a skeptic :)

5. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on November 25, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

I JUST SCREAMED IS THIS ACTUAL KORRA NEWS YES!!

6. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on November 25, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

WOW kinda of a bummer this is just the same exact trailer they released the day they released Korra’s premiere air date, but with “Coming soon to DVD” at the end LOL

7. Avatar of Rabadoo
    Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on November 25, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

Better make some room on my Avatar shelf

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

im going to have to make room for an avatar shelf :P

Kelly Reply:

me too, Ive basically run out of room lol

KoolKorra Reply:

me too. I filled up a whole shelf with the only the REAL Avatar Stuff being the Promise pts 1-3 and the Lost Adventures. The rest of the space is filled with stuff i had.

8. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on November 25, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

I’ve already bought it all on Itunes. I may get the dvd if it has extras like chibi clips, web-coms, making of a legend and stuff like that.

Joey Reply:

lol me too. :)

9. Avatar of KoolKorra
    KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on November 25, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

This is what i said right when i saw it:

“Oh my god, oh my god!”

Pure Sweetness

10. Avatar of Admin / Jordash
    Admin / Jordash Said: Comment by Admin / Jordash on November 26, 2012 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Yeah really surprising it wasn’t aired much. I don’t think anyone heard about it.

Troy Reply:

I don’t get NickJr only Nick and other than K101 and K102 the series didn’t air much. Maybe that’s only where I live.

Troy Reply:

I meant to say Nicktoons not NickJr. I don’t get it either.

Joey Reply:

youre right, after the ‘making of a legend’ rerun, they dont exactly play it as much as they should :/

11. Avatar of Meelo
    Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on November 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Well at least its something. Getting withdrawal symptoms from having no LOK. Miss it.

12. Avatar of Hannah230
    Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on November 26, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

I. AM. SO. HAPPY!!!!!!!
    “SQUEAL”

13. Avatar of Eska
    Eska Said: Comment by Eska on November 26, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Yay!

14. Avatar of Ricardo
    Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on November 27, 2012 at 5:51 am | Permalink

What was the soundtrack for the trailer? I quite liked it but don’t think I ever heard it in LOK.
    Made me tingle in a few places, lol. :P

Hard to tell, it could be specifically for this trailer, like the Book 3 trailer music from ATLA.
    I can’t place it in the show either.

15. kisame Said: Comment by kisame on November 27, 2012 at 6:56 am | Permalink

i am trilled

16. FairladyZ2005 Said: Comment by FairladyZ2005 on November 27, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

My friends and I were talking about this a few days ago wondering about any DVD news. We’re in the middle of introducing one of the friends to TLA for the first time and we’ll be finished watching it around the new year. The new fan really wants to watch Korra too, so we’re hoping the season 1 DVDs come out soon enough that she can get caught up before season 2 airs. C’mon Nick we need some Korra merchandise!

Troy Reply:

For reasons of introducing your friend you can find all the Korra episodes online if you use Google videos. Do any of you have Netflix?

17. Avatar of ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~
    ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on November 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

WOOHOO!!!

18. Avatar of Brandy
    Brandy Said: Comment by Brandy on November 27, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

I want this so badly.

19. Free_Spirit Said: Comment by Free_Spirit on November 29, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

It’s up on amazon.com for pre-ordering!!!!!!! :D

No release date…..yet.

Thanks for the update.

Interesting, in that the only new thing with that preorder is the price, it gives no other details that are not just assumed.
    List price is $20, which is pretty good for 12 episodes.

So unless Amazon are just guessing at a price they may have got some info.

20. Avatar of Hugh
    Hugh Said: Comment by Hugh on November 30, 2012 at 10:43 am | Permalink

This is brilliant, I just hope the UK gets the same release date as the US.

There is more or less no chance of that happening because Nick Uk have yet to even announce when Korra is airing on Nick Uk.

Since it will be a Nick DVD I assume the show would have had to have aired before the DVD came out.

That said anyone not in america can just either use a region 1 dvd player or switch their disk drive in their computer to region 1.

21. Avatar of Cynthia Mckitty
    Cynthia Mckitty Said: Comment by Cynthia Mckitty on November 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

when I saw this I was like OMG I want I want I want and was all happy wich of course annoyed my mom and sister greatly (but I could careless about that LOL). Then I was thinking it could not be real,then I was reading the comments here and I agree since there is a copy right thing on it I suppose it is real and hope it is. I just wish they would have given a date for it. Any way the way I look at it is I will have the dvd when it comes out no matter when that should be. Now I atleast have two things to look forward to one is the dvd and two is the second book of Korra! Oh how happy am I right now!

And of course The Search ;)

Cynthia Mckitty Reply:

Yes that too!

22. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on December 4, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Preordered it. :] it looks like theres a discount for preordering on amazon. :D

23. Avatar of Jon
    Jon Said: Comment by Jon on December 5, 2012 at 11:35 am | Permalink

When is soon? They need to be more specific!

24. Avatar of TheRepublic
    TheRepublic Said: Comment by TheRepublic on December 7, 2012 at 1:44 am | Permalink

What?! No bluray?!? Aghhh :|