Korra Book 1 Art Book cover revealed

korra art book final

As you all probably know the Korra art book will be out on July 24th, but we know that the cover we first saw was just a place holder and that Bryan would be doing a completely new piece of art for the cover.

On his tumblr blog he revealed the cover. Which is actually Korra drawn by Joachim Dos Santos and painted by Bryan.

korra art book final

Along with that he did also mention that the plan is to do one Art book per Book of Korra for 4 in total. 144 Pages long also.

I like the cover, not my favourite style of art, but perfect for an Art Book. I think I was just expecting Bryan’s style of drawing the characters, so the surprise of it being Joachim took me off guard. I am sure it will grow on me when I get the book in hand in July.

Thoughts ?

1. jrdemr Said: Comment by jrdemr on May 3, 2013 at 2:09 am | Permalink

:-S Honestly, they should have just left it with the placeholder image. Korra doesn’t look like herself. I know that they’re “supposed” to have all-new art for the art books, but quite frankly, this pic doesn’t really cut it for me. The cover for the Avatar art book was also simple, but it captured the essence of the series much better.

As I said in the post I think it is having Joachim Dos Santos do the character art and not Bryan who we expect to do the covers.
    We have really not seen that much of Joachim’s work on Korra at all, especially a piece like this.

2. Avatar of Meelo
    Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on May 3, 2013 at 3:38 am | Permalink

I like it. She looks more indigenous here :D Nice work!

3. Avatar of Loafdude
    Loafdude Said: Comment by Loafdude on May 3, 2013 at 3:54 am | Permalink

I gotta say, I was quite mesmerized by this picture, korra looks genuinely gorgeous in this

4. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on May 3, 2013 at 6:08 am | Permalink

It doesn’t bother me to see Joachim Dos Santos name with Mike and Bryan’s. He is the director. Bryan at SDCC also hinted at Joachim being great on the show multiple times. This probably means Joachim will include his thoughts as well as Mike and Bryan on the pages.
    I have two problems with the art: It doesn’t look like Korras face, it isn’t specified by the art of being book one. This cover other than Korra clothing could be used for any of the art books.

Troy Reply:

Possibly air temple island could be for book one air.

I have always said that for Korra it is Mike, Bryan and Joachim. He is basically on the same level as Mike and Bryan for Korra. I had expectations for a Bryan cover (because he said he was doing it) so it was a surprise to see Joachim do the character art.
    Bryan did the ATLA art book cover so I wanted to see the continuity between books. At least he is involved in some way with the cover.
    I do think it could have been better, not that this is a bad cover.

5. Avatar of Sapphire Moon
    Sapphire Moon Said: Comment by Sapphire Moon on May 3, 2013 at 10:30 am | Permalink

I like Joachim dos santos way of drawing of drawing Korra. I can’t wait to see the other pieces of art within the book. Plus it’s really nice there doing one for each korra book

YangChen Reply:

I kind of wish they would do one for the whole show when it is finished, so it can all be in one book.

6. Avatar of YangChen
    YangChen Said: Comment by YangChen on May 3, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

I don’t like it, it’s just not her

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

hahahaha finally someone that doesnt like korra in the cover!

YangChen Reply:

Do you like it?

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

not really

7. Avatar of Spiritbending Bison Avatar
    Spiritbending Bison Avatar Said: Comment by Spiritbending Bison Avatar on May 3, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

144 pages is quite a lot for a book only on 12 episodes. especially compared to the ATLA art book which is 183 pages long.

YangChen Reply:

True, and it would be nice to be able to see even more than one page an episode, I always wanted even more then the ATLA book had

Spiritbending Bison Avatar Reply:

yeah, same here. i also think that its the angle of her head…

Spiritbending Bison Avatar Reply:

*that the angle of her head is what doesnt seem right

YangChen Reply:

Yeah, and the eyes for me

8. Avatar of Avelda
    Avelda Said: Comment by Avelda on May 3, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

I like the picture. I think it’s cool to see different styles and I think she looks determined and beautiful.

YangChen Reply:

Her Eyes are what bug me… I don’t know what it is about them

9. Sogno Said: Comment by Sogno on May 3, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

I think the artwork is beautiful. Sure it is a different style than the show, but it doesn’t make it less “Korra” than say a fanart from deviantArt. It’s just another’s interpretation of the characters.

bacon-and-tea Reply:

My thoughts exactly.

10. Mario Kart Ninja Said: Comment by Mario Kart Ninja on May 4, 2013 at 7:58 am | Permalink

I like it. I think it looks awesome. It fits the show perfectly! Everyone seems to be complaining about Korra’s face, and I will admit it does look a bit different, but it fits the art style of the cover. It looks a little more realistic and makes her look older and more mature. You’ll get used to it if you look at it long enough. Also, even Aang’s face on the A:TLA Artbook looked a tad off-model. In fact, that face looks more like Mike’s face.

11. Avatar of bacon-and-tea
    bacon-and-tea Said: Comment by bacon-and-tea on May 4, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I personally love it! Korra is such a beaut! ^-^

12. Avatar of Eska
    Eska Said: Comment by Eska on May 5, 2013 at 6:09 am | Permalink

Different… but still amazing!

13. Avatar of Pinkfire
    Pinkfire Said: Comment by Pinkfire on May 5, 2013 at 9:50 am | Permalink

I love it! It’s a different style but it’s very pretty :)

14. Avatar of Loafdude
    Loafdude Said: Comment by Loafdude on May 10, 2013 at 12:55 am | Permalink

now that i’ve seen this picture, i can’t imagine any other way in which korra would look like in real life

15. Avatar of Combustion Girl
    Combustion Girl Said: Comment by Combustion Girl on May 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Korra looks different, but I like it! :)

16. Avatar of Derrick