Korra Book 1 Art Book Confirmed and The Search Part 2 Cover + Description (UPDATE February 8th)

Korra Art Book 1

Two huge pieces of news have just been released. Both come from Kotaku.

UPDATE February 8th/ The image here of the cover is not what will appear on the actual book, it is just a placeholder image for the solicitation. Bryan and Joachim Dos Santos will be doing a new image for the cover.

Korra Book 1 Air Art Book

Korra Art Book 1

Note, this is not the official cover for the book, Bryan and Joachim Dos Santos will be working on the official cover. This is just a solicitation planceholder.

THE LEGEND OF KORRA: THE ART OF THE ANIMATED SERIES BOOK ONE-AIR HC

Michael Dante DiMartino (W) and Bryan Konietzko (W/Cover)

On sale July 24
FC, 184 pages
$34.99
HC, 9″ x 12″

This handsome hardcover contains hundreds of pieces of never-before-seen artwork created during the development of Season 1 of The Legend of Korra. With captions from Mike and Bryan throughout, this is an intimate look inside the creative process that brought the mystical world of bending and a new generation of heroes to life!

• Captions by creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko!

• Follow-up to smash hit animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender!

• Never-before-seen artwork!

Korra Art Book 2

This preview image explains how Korra met Naga, Naga was just a pup and was lost in a tundra and Korra courageously befriended her.

Korra Art Book 3

This preview page explains how Bolin met Pabu, when Bolin was 14 he rescued Pabu from a nasty Pet shop.

This is what we have all been waiting for and it basically confirms that overall Korra will get 4 art books, 1 for each book. This Book 1 Air one is out in July.

The Search Part 2

The Search Part 2

AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER-THE SEARCH PART TWO TP

Gene Luen Yang (W), Michael Dante DiMartino (W), Bryan Konietzko (W), and Gurihiru (A/Cover)

On sale July 10
FC, 80 pages
$10.99
TP, 6″ x 9″

In search of their long-lost mother, Fire Lord Zuko and his deadly and insane sister Azula have brought Avatar Aang and his friends into a mysterious forest, but what they discover within may be more than they can face. Will they too be lost in these woods forever?

• Perfect companion to Legend of Korra!

• The official continuation of Airbender from its creators.

This is clearly where the spiritual aspects of The Search will come into play, the wolf on the cover definitely looks like a spirit.

Thoughts on this stunning news.

1. Avatar of Joey
    Joey Said: Comment by Joey on February 6, 2013 at 4:10 pm | Permalink

if only I had a job, I would have pre-ordered all this stuff right away. time to get a job :).

kabir arora Reply:

Lol so tru

2. Avatar of Avatar Yangchen
    Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on February 6, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

i cant wait until july! :)

about the cover for the search part 2…that wolf would be cuter if its eyes werent as evil-looking :P

KoolKorra Reply:

I can’t wait either! But when i saw the wolf, i was like WHOOA, what is that?

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Hmm… perhaps one of my creatures in the shadow realm…

KoolKorra Reply:

You’re not Koh, Amon

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Yet I’m a reaper in a realm of my own parallel to the spirit world…

10oop Reply:

I love the wolf. It’s a nice add The red eyes are insane. It’s a fantastic touch.

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

*High five amonic brother

3. Avatar of Troy
    Troy Said: Comment by Troy on February 6, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Defiantly getting both of these things. Why is there a blue wolf on the search???? Looking forward to what looks like backstorys in the art book in addition to art stuff. The art book makes me so excited.

4. Avatar of Jadely
    Jadely Said: Comment by Jadely on February 6, 2013 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Awesome, looks amazing. Best real news I have herd in a while :D And looks very factual about season 1. It would be cool if only I could get Michael and Byran’s signature on the book then it would be complete.

The cover for the Promise part 2 is very well done and interesting.
    I like how it decribes Azula as insane and deadly. lol.

Also I find it comical how everyones facial expressions look either scared or frightened, while Azula and Zuko’s remain normal.

KoolKorra Reply:

I noticed that Katara has a new outfit while Zuko has his book 3 outfit. hopefully, the Fire Nation doesn’t catch him wearing that when he’s a royal.

Troy Reply:

Katara has a new outfit in that it wasn’t in the show. It is her Promise outfit. I hope the book doesn’t go as far as doing something with Kataras makeup because she doesn’t look as appropriately dressed. Her and Azula, I hope it means nothing.

5. Mario Kart Ninja Said: Comment by Mario Kart Ninja on February 6, 2013 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Hm. I thought they were gonna wait till the series was done. But given lack of Korra merchandise, I can understand why. Still, it’s PRETTY FREAKIN’ AWESOME!!!

And OH MY GOSH it’s the same length as the last one! This is a joyous day indeed!

Oh yeah, and The Search – Part 2. Looks kinda like a filler but I don’t really care. I’m sure it’s gonna be awesome!

6. Avatar of HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader)
    HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Said: Comment by HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) on February 6, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

I must say the search part 2 cover looks great, as well as those pictures with Naga and Pabu :)

7. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on February 6, 2013 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

FINALLY! oh my GOD This is AWESOME news!! I had such a bad day too but now its all better!! SO much to talk about with the search part 2 now!!!!

8. Mario Kart Ninja Said: Comment by Mario Kart Ninja on February 6, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Just found some stuff about the Korra Book 1 DVD: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Korra-Book-Air/dp/B009LDCUP0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_6

It’ll be released on May 21 and will be $19.99 retail and is up for pre-order on Amazon for $15.99.

BUUUUUUUTT: There are no special features. Bummer. Hope this helps!

9. Avatar of Callum Fryars
    Callum Fryars Said: Comment by Callum Fryars on February 6, 2013 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

ART BOOK YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!

10. Avatar of Korra Watermaster
    Korra Watermaster Said: Comment by Korra Watermaster on February 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT. THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE AVATAR :)

11. Mario Kart Ninja Said: Comment by Mario Kart Ninja on February 6, 2013 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

Oh, and that wolf/fox thing looks like the same one that was walking in the background the first time Aang went into the Spirit World in ep 119

Joey Reply:

good observation I think so too. maybe its friendly! :P

12. Avatar of Rabadoo
    Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on February 6, 2013 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

ART BOOK, CONSIDER YOURSELF BOUGHT.

13. Avatar of ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~
    ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on February 7, 2013 at 4:57 am | Permalink

counting days until the release. the cover of search2 seems really REALLY interesting…

14. Avatar of Water-Tribe Heart
    Water-Tribe Heart Said: Comment by Water-Tribe Heart on February 7, 2013 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Oh my this is absolutely wonderful news! I’m still impatient about korra coming next month and now it’s just layers on top of this avatar cake! Any interesting speculations? Im interested in the art of the air bender children. So excited!

We do not know if Korra is coming next month. All signs thus far point to no.
    At this stage it is looking like April at the absolute earliest, but more than likely June or July.

That said we really know very little.

Troy Reply:

I showed you that tumblr post about Korra airing speculation. Was the part about children’s TV dropping during summer and Nick not likely to air Korra then true.

15. Avatar of AvatarAsh
    AvatarAsh Said: Comment by AvatarAsh on February 7, 2013 at 10:18 am | Permalink

Both are pieces of great news!!! I can’t wait, this is going to be an interesting spring/summer! :)

16. Avatar of Meelo
    Meelo Said: Comment by Meelo on February 7, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink

First thoughts……. WHO THE BEJESUS IS THAT WOLF. MINEMINEMINE

17. Avatar of Whynnd
    Whynnd Said: Comment by Whynnd on February 7, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

ME GUSTAAAAAAA!

GOTTA PRE-ORDER!

Spirit wolfie, what are you? :’(

HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader) Reply:

Koh’s ultimate weapon I suppose…

~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Reply:

I’ve never thought of that…

18. Avatar of FireSageGuntur
    FireSageGuntur Said: Comment by FireSageGuntur on February 7, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Oh wow! Both of these books look absolutely beautiful. The Art of the Animated Series for ATLA is my most prized avatar possession, and this LOK Book 1 edition looks just as detailed and gorgeous, I am so excited for that in particular. And the cover for the Search: Part 2??? Absolutely stunning! That wolf, and the mention of a “mysterious forest” tends toward exactly what I hoped: lots of spirit world action in the search for Ursa. I know Brichael won’t disappoint!

KoolKorra Reply:

my Art of the Animated Series book is my most prized avatar possession too! Can’t wait to get Korra’s art book!

And about the wolf, i was like what is that? and now i think Koh has to deal with this.

19. Avatar of Kelly
    Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on February 7, 2013 at 9:51 pm | Permalink

Quikie Update
    The news is still the same but its been confirmed that this is NOT the official cover and will be a new piece of art made by Bryan and Joaquim :)

Thanks for the update, I have edited the post accordingly.

20. Avatar of Droc Plug
    Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on February 8, 2013 at 5:22 am | Permalink

Sweet Cover, in my opinion one of the best, That wolf just looks beast.

21. Avatar of Taki-Tsu-Hiko
    Taki-Tsu-Hiko Said: Comment by Taki-Tsu-Hiko on February 10, 2013 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Wow it is going to be a long wait to July for me.