Janet Varney to attend Matsuri Con 2013 in March

janet

Janet Varney will be attending Matsuri Con 2013, the event will be from March 29th to March 31st, but Janet Varney will only be in attendance on Friday March 29th. The convention is in Houston Texas.

janet

As of now all this confirms is just that Janet Varney will attend this convention. No panel is confirmed, nor is it confirmed that any Book 2 information will be released.

Checking through the conventions website she will be at the con for Photo Ops with fans and to sign autographs, so since she is only attending for 1 day it does not leave much if any time for her to do a Korra panel or announce any news.

Now the convention is just under 2 months away, and we are fast approaching the earliest estimates for when Book 2 may air, so it does seem likely that between now and this convention that we will get some sort of book 2 announcement. I just don’t see this convention as being the place where huge reveals will happen, especially with Mike, Bryan and Joachim Dos Santos not confirmed to be attending. As of now Janet Varney is the sole Korra Β cast/crew member confirmed to be a guest at the con and I really do not see her being the one to announce something big on her own at an anime convention.

Check out this video confirming the announcement.

First Footage of Korra in Combat?
Best Places To Watch Avatar The Legend of Korra Episode 3 Online
K206 The Sting and K207/K208 Beginnings Episode Description
Preview clip for Beginnings

1. Troy Said: Comment by Troy on February 2, 2013 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

The video is so funny. Janet Varney even puts on her Korra voice (if it isn’t her real voice.) This was odd, Avatar Wiki news post was really excited about this and I’m with you, we have no reason to suspect much big.

2. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on February 2, 2013 at 7:50 pm | Permalink

*sigh* i don’t think i’ll be able to go. πŸ™

But i would if there’s a million things of Book 2 will be released, which sadly, won’t.

3. OG Sokka Said: Comment by OG Sokka on February 2, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

OMG…. News that we might get some news. Or is it news about mabey getting news about possible future news?
    And only 2 months away. Well now we can most likely speculate book 2 won’t be around till much later then the Spring date we were hoping for.
    Just think guys if we get possible news in late march about a possible trailer being released in the future that would be possibly be so officially exciting.

Jadely Reply:

Quite honesty, I too am kinda upset Nick has not given us hardly any news…(I am a patient person to an certain extent πŸ˜› )
    and its kinda funny/sad that the fan-dom is waiting on getting news about
    possible future news lol.
    But I do know it will all be worth it in the end πŸ™‚ .

I mainly posted about this to make it clear what she is actually at this con to do. Other sites have mentioned Book 2 panels and news, when all that is confirmed is that she is attending as a guest for photo ops and autographs.
    If there is a panel it will most likely be a Janet Varney Panel, as opposed to a korra one. So while it may end up being Korra focused, it is not going to be a book 2 news panel beyond her perhaps mentioning something very unspecific.

4. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on February 3, 2013 at 10:33 am | Permalink

hmm…maybe i can get my aunt to go. she lives in texas πŸ˜›

5. alex Said: Comment by alex on February 3, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Man, if only I still lived in Texas. >.>

Haha, that’s pretty cool. ^o^

6. Droc Plug Said: Comment by Droc Plug on February 3, 2013 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

In hope she will at least give out something like a teaser or something to get people all pumped up for Korra Book 2. Any news is better than no news.

7. KoolKorra Said: Comment by KoolKorra on February 3, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

well, about the teasers, there will already be a teaser by then. because teasers usually air one or two months before release date.

And the fact that the date (March 29) is very close to the release date in April, i’m not going. :/

8. 10oop Said: Comment by 10oop on February 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

yea… no. i’m not going to houston texas. lol

9. Krazyasian808 Said: Comment by Krazyasian808 on February 8, 2013 at 12:01 am | Permalink

I wish I live on the mainland but sadly I live in Oahu Hawaii

10. Hannah230 Said: Comment by Hannah230 on September 14, 2013 at 10:42 am | Permalink

she is really pretty.