Important The Promise Part 1 release information + Part 2 synopsis

Avatar The Promise

Hello Avatar Fans, Airspeed Prime here to present you some new Avatar comic news.

Avatar promise

First off the release of The Promise Part 1 is just 16 days away, but I know many Avatar fans are not used to how comic release dates work and may be disappointed come January 25th. So hopefully this will explain everything you need to know to get your copy as soon as possible.

The book has a separate release date for Comic stores and one for Book stores

The Comic store and website date is January 25th while the book store and sites like Amazon’s release date is February 7th

I know many people preordered the book from Amazon so this is important information. If you want to get the book day 1 you will need to go to your local comic book store, and to help those new to comics here are some links to help you locate your nearest comic shop – (For North America) – (For outside North America)

Now onto the second part of this post which regards The Promise Part 2

The Promise Part 2

Just a few days ago Dark Horse posted up the Synopsis of Part 2

Minor Spoilers for Part 1 follow

“Aang and Katara are working tirelessly for peace when an impasse between Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei over Fire Nation colonies within the borders of the Earth Nation threatens to plunge the world back into war! Meanwhile, Sokka must help Toph prepare her hapless first class of metalbending students to defend their school against a rival class of firebenders!”

I personally find this fascinating, King Kuei it seems will move into a main role here, and the Toph and Sokka bit sounds amazing.

So we have a lot to look forward to in the coming months, Part 1 is out in just 16 days and Part 2 in comic stores on May 30th and in book stores on June 12th. Also keep an eye out for my Review of The Promise Part 1 as soon as I can get my hands on the book.

Please comment below about your opinions on The Promise comics.

Dee Bradley Baker Talks Avatar The Legend Of Korra
Avatar The Last Airbender Series "The Promise: Part 1" To follow events Shortly after Seas...
Dark Horse July Solicitations - The Rift Part 1 for $1 !!!
The Rift Library Edition Review

1. Tracy Said: Comment by Tracy on January 9, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Awesome! Team Toph and Sokka? That will be a delight!

2. Kelly Said: Comment by Kelly on January 9, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Cant wait for Sokka and tophs team and I like how earth king kuei has a big role as the earth king
    I will attempt to find a book store to see if I can get part 1 earlier
    Maybe my b-day gift could be at least someone going to get me part 2 🙂 ill still pay for it someone bothering the time to get it is enough lol

Tracy Reply:

You know that TOKKA fans will go wild with it though!

AirBendingSlice Reply:

i hope i get the first part for my b day 🙂

3. Destiny of Awe Said: Comment by Destiny of Awe on January 9, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

Oooooh, interesting subplot!

4. avatar Said: Comment by avatar on January 10, 2012 at 7:36 am | Permalink

5. sydmun17 Said: Comment by sydmun17 on January 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

super excited!!!

AirBendingSlice Reply:

I agree 🙂

Luca Reply:

Me too 🙂

6. clintoshoto Said: Comment by clintoshoto on January 15, 2012 at 12:21 am | Permalink

There’s actually a preview of The Promise Part 1 online at! 😀

Here’s the link:

The artwork looks fantastic.

*Whispers* We have seen that preview from Amazon a few months ago, and they leaked a lot more than 6 pages, lol.
    Thanks for letting us know that Dark Horse put previews up on their site though 🙂

clintoshoto Reply:

Oops! My bad. 😛

Guess I’m onto to Amazon now for getting that leaked preview. Totally can’t wait for this to come out. 9 more days left x]

the avatar state Reply:

hehe excited

7. Anymai Said: Comment by Anymai on January 15, 2012 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Can’t wait to see. All of this sounds great 😉

8. Jon Said: Comment by Jon on January 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

I’m so ecstatic for the comics. They will be the appetizers that will hold me over until the main course (Korra) comes out.

Luca Reply:

Me too 🙂 but now i have two things to be exticed about

9. uber avatar fan Said: Comment by uber avatar fan on January 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

The promise. Sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. AirBendingSlice Said: Comment by AirBendingSlice on January 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

Cant wait i hope my brother gets it for me for my birth day :)!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. the avatar state Said: Comment by the avatar state on January 19, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

wow im very very exciteddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. the avatar state Said: Comment by the avatar state on January 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

wow im very very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the avatar state Reply:

know this goodddddddddd

13. AirBendingSlice Said: Comment by AirBendingSlice on January 22, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Matey Said: Comment by Matey on January 31, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Permalink

The book was amazing. Loved it. Can’t wait till next one!