IGN interview with Korra Cast and Creators

Here is the article from IGN where they interview Mike and Bryan and some of the cast about what is to come in Book 2.

I will point out the main things using the magic things that are BULLET POINTS

• Mako has joined the Republic City Police Force as a cop, which suggests that the police has opened to not just metalbenders, he is making a name for himself busting the triads.
  • Hiroshi is in prison
  • Mike and Bryan wanted to get away from Korra training as that was explored in ATLA, and focus more on Korra adapting to her role as a fully realised Avatar. They describe her as a “bull in a china shop” at present, she is going to have to learn how to really respect her abilities and role I think is what they are getting at.
  • We may see more appearances from Avatar Aang
  • Mike says  “We have the most flashback-y of flashbacks coming up” Bryan then hints that it will be deep into the mythology of Avatar and the legacy of the Avatar
  • Book 2 will have more romance
  • Mako and Korra are together, but with both of them in important positions their relationship can get a bit complicated
  • Bolin is going to have a bizzare love story

Check out the full interview in the link above for the rest. But all of this is the main new stuff.

I for one am definitely more pumped for Book 2 now, all these little teases.

What are you thoughts on this interview ?

The Legend Of Korra to Premiere this Autumn in the UK
Community Opinion 13 - The Legend Of Korra Book 1
Korra Nation Phase 3 Launches
Korra Republic City Hustle Web series Episode 1

1. Ricardo Said: Comment by Ricardo on July 27, 2012 at 5:40 am | Permalink

” – Book 2 will have more romance.
    – Mako and Korra are together, but with both of them in important positions their relationship can get a bit complicated.
    – Bolin is going to have a bizzare love story.”

Oh dear, I think I can see where this going to lead… 😛

This I find very funny: “We had to tell the fans online before the panel that David is not actually Mako.” 😛

I’m very looking forward to the mother of all flashbacks. It’s the way they talked about it, makes it seem extremely interesting.

@airspeed You might want to change the link to page 1 of the interview.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

me too

2. Eric Said: Comment by Eric on July 27, 2012 at 6:57 am | Permalink

– Bolin is going to have a bizarre love story

So who do you think is the lucky girl who’ll fall for him?

3. AvatarAsh Said: Comment by AvatarAsh on July 27, 2012 at 7:45 am | Permalink

I’m really excited to see Book 2 now that we have a general outline on what we will see. This is going to be great! ….I just hope we see more of Lin.

4. economybender Said: Comment by economybender on July 27, 2012 at 7:52 am | Permalink

curiousness

5. Avatar Awesomeness Said: Comment by Avatar Awesomeness on July 27, 2012 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Why do we have to wait, well actually it is pretty obvious why, but u guys get me. i want to see the new season 🙂

6. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 27, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink

i cant wait any longer 🙁

Haikai Reply:

no kidding

7. Rabadoo Said: Comment by Rabadoo on July 27, 2012 at 10:57 am | Permalink

MORE romance? They’re gonna have to try pretty hard to outdo Book 1.

Ricardo Reply:

Imagine this: “Book 3: Love” 😛

momo2009 Reply:

No way, that isn’t funny. 😛

economybender Reply:

Is this mean there is “a hot scene” ? If true, that is very bad for the child who see this

economybender Reply:

I mean “will be there any hot scene ?” it will be very bad for children

No, it just means that we will get focus on 2 characters who ar ein a relationship.
    Aang and Katara only go together in the last episode, Sokka and Suki we really only saw together in the final few episodes.

So with Mako and Korra we will have many episodes to see them as a couple.

Haikai Reply:

Lol no, that will not happen. here can be romance without a “hot scene”

Ricardo Reply:

Though we did see a reasonable amount of Zuko and Mai just spending time together. 🙂

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah seriously, Book 1 already was almost 5x more romance then ATLA. 🙂

Haikai Reply:

Heck, the Promice had more romance than ATLA lol

Ricardo Reply:

I’m going to have to disagree with that. I think because of ATLA’s length, the romance in it gets diluted.

Avatar Yangchen Reply:

i cant imagine MORE romance 😮

Veronica Reply:

I just hope it works out. Everything was /so/ rushed in Book 1. When Mako said he loved Korra I.. was pretty disappointed and Im BIG into the romance aspect of… anything.. I like Korra and Mako together but like.. it just all happened WAY too soon and it didnt seem authentic. Also, poor Asami.. Like seriously Mako was such a jerk. Her feelings were never considered at all. I just want to see some loose strings tied together in the upcoming books.

8. Hyriu 85 Said: Comment by Hyriu 85 on July 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

I love how we will go deeper in the avatar universe like how in ATLA the avata’s most challenging element was their natural opposite then in Korra we learn even more into that and actually the opposite of that avatar’s personality. i can’t wait to learn more backstory of the avatar this is going to be great!

economybender Reply:

Yes, Korra is complementary with aang, so that’s why spirit world and airbending in aang is not explored deeper because aang had mastered it but 3 elements was still in problem

then Korra has big problem in spiritual and airbending.

Aang + Korra is Complementary

9. Avatar Amanda Said: Comment by Avatar Amanda on July 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Off topic but have any of you with iPod, iPhone, or iPad with the app from this site noticed that the app is no longer in the app store and there haven’t been any subject updates? I’m just curious because I have the app and I always check to see if there are any new Avatar the Last Airbender or Legend of Korra apps and it is no longer there. And there isn’t any updated information like on this web site.

I am not quite sure what you mean, the site does not have an App (nor has it ever).

Ricardo Reply:

Oh phew. I thought I had missed out on an app for this site and now it has been taken down. 😛

Avatar Amanda Reply:

Well, I’m confused now because it has every article from this site and it has the web address for this site at the bottom of each article. That app has articles from a few months ago too. Do you think someone made the app in this site’s name and uploads the posts from here on to the app?

Ricardo Reply:

That may be possible. It also explains why it was taken down, probably infringing on copyright.

I know there was an app that did that, just use our news articles.
    No idea what became of it.

10. Veronica Said: Comment by Veronica on July 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Permalink

This is sooooo exciting. Im really hoping that book 2, 3, and 4 are different from book 1. I didnt really like it that much to be honest. I remember them saying everything was going to be super action packed and exciting because they only had one season originally but I think what makes Avatar great is that they go into so much detail. Im hoping season 1 will act as more of an introduction to Korra’s world and getting us used to a new setting more than actually being a really relevant plot. I mean Mike and Bryan are amazing. I have faith. Im just really really hoping things start to look up because I felt like I was checking in to Korra each week to see if it got better more than to actually watch the show.

momo2009 Reply:

finally, someone who i agree with.

Veronica Reply:

Lol, which part? All of it?

momo2009 Reply:

everything you typed is as good as a Egg custard tart. So beautiful and tasty. like the picture too

Veronica Reply:

Ooooookay….

momo2009 Reply:

just trying to be funny, aang loved egg custard tart. Agree with the last sentence. happy

To be fair, the show was only planned to be 12 episodes for a very short amount of time, it was picked up for Book 2 a week or so after them announcing 12 episodes, so technically Book 1 is the introduction book and they knew for most of production that they had at least a book 2 for this season.

momo2009 Reply:

okay the series was first green lighted on july 21 2010 with 12 episode first season. It was given 14 episode on march 8 2011.

sources

legend of korra greenlight http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/07/21/legend-of-korra-the-creators-of-avatar-the-last-airbender-on-the-new-spinoff/

legend of korra season 2

Yes i agree with everything you said airspeed

11. Lauren Said: Comment by Lauren on July 27, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Wow this sounds amazing! 😀 I love the idea of them focusing more on Korra’s journey rather than training, the flashbacks, and the romance. Personally I love romance and the whole relationship aspect of the story. I can’t wait to see the struggles that Mako and Korra’s relationship will face, and find out how Bolin’s love story plays out.

12. Steve Said: Comment by Steve on July 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

Bolin and a bizarre love story. Sounds like typical to me 😀

13. avatarclara Said: Comment by avatarclara on July 27, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

14. Avatar Yangchen Said: Comment by Avatar Yangchen on July 27, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

yes, more than just metalbenders as cops 🙂

15. ilian124 Said: Comment by ilian124 on July 28, 2012 at 12:09 am | Permalink

AAAAHHH now all we need is a release date.

16. ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ Said: Comment by ~ღєιяιиι-¢нαиღ~ on July 28, 2012 at 8:17 am | Permalink

Yayyy!!!! Makorra rocks!! cant wwait to see more romance οf these two!

17. Sam Said: Comment by Sam on July 28, 2012 at 8:43 am | Permalink

“more romance”
    As if I didn’t squeal enough…

18. AJ(Airbender) Said: Comment by AJ(Airbender) on July 28, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink

– Mike says ”We have the most flashback-y of flashbacks coming up” Bryan then hints that it will be deep into the mythology of Avatar and the legacy of the Avatar

SO Glad someone knows whats up!

19. Luca Said: Comment by Luca on July 28, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Permalink

I cant wait but there are some things i would love to also see in Book 2 : Bolin learning metalbending, A new member for team avatar (beacause i think they rushed putting the members in to quickly) and Asami learning Chi-blocking 🙂 Does anyone agree with me???

Haikai Reply:

Bolin should learn metalbending 🙂

momo2009 Reply:

Maybe, but i kinda doubt that they have time to show the teaching of mb, another member, hmm most likely.

Haikai Reply:

Either way Bolin needs more action if you ask me

20. emaralez Said: Comment by emaralez on July 30, 2012 at 12:27 am | Permalink

we will learn more about avatar’s world… it’s amazing!)

more romance – uuuuugie ://////