Holy Wow! First Picture and More Details on Avatar The Legend of Korra, The new Avatar Series

First Legend of Korra Picture

Certainly an exciting time for Avatar The Last Airbender fans, reports of the new series Avatar The Legend of Korra are starting to stream in.

First Legend of Korra Picture

The first official picture for Avatar The Legend of Korra and boy does it look freaking Awesome!

It’s now official! Reports are streaming in about the new Avatar Series, Avatar The Legend of Korra.

The show will premiere sometime next year in 2011

Here is what Nickelodeon said about the new series:

Nickelodeon said in a release that -The Legend of Korra takes place 70 years after the events of ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ and follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang – a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra.”

Korra’s quest eventually leads her to Republic City-the epicenter of the world of -Avatar.” A metropolis powered by steampunk-type technology, the city is inhabited by people from all nations. Korra finds that Republic City suffers from rampant crime and is also dealing with an anti-bender revolt. Korra is tutored by Aang’s son, Tenzin, in the ways of airbending.

Executives of the show explained Korras’ personality as “hot headed, independent, and ready to take on the world”

Sources:
Wall Street Journal

Hey everyone, I'm the Administrator / Programmer of the site. I love anything that's awesome, and am looking for new hobbies. Let me know if you have any ideas :)

1. Shah Said: Comment by Shah on July 21, 2010 at 11:28 am | Permalink

NICE!!!!

nick Reply:

WOOOOO finally, i can’t wait for this to air. AND AANG HAS A SON!!!!!! more airbending people. I hope tenzin is as funny as aang was in ATLA

Dakota Reply:

With a father like Aang and an uncle like Sokka, i can’t imagine Tenzin without a sense of humor :)

Nuriko Reply:

OMGZ!!! Sooo can’t wait! Another girl Avatar!!! Girl Power! I feel like a Spice Girl saying that!!! :) :D :P!!! hahaha… Mayb Katara will teach Korra how 2 waterbend… Just mayb Korra & Tenzin will fall in <3 luv like Aang & Katara… Another water/airbending couple!!! Who knows???!!!

Starbender Reply:

By this time Katara has already died.

melvin Reply:

i know!

Kiri Reply:

You know what would fix everything in my mind? If ATLOK was placed sooner than 70 years ahead. Like, maybe 50 years?

logan Reply:

Then aang would still be alive so there couldn’t be a new avatar yet.

2. Megan Said: Comment by Megan on July 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I’M SO EXCITED!!! Thanks for the awesome site.

Nuriko Reply:

OMGZ!!! Mayb Katara will teach Korra how 2 waterbend… Mayb Toph will teach Korra how 2 earthbend… Mayb Zuko or his off-spring w/ Mai will teach Korra how 2 firebend… Can’t Wait!!! :) :D :P!!! hahaha…

3. Shah Said: Comment by Shah on July 21, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

for some reason i have a feeling that tenzin is gonna be like an old grandpa looking guy cus if he is aangs SON and theres been like a 70 year gap between the last series and now he might be like 50 years old or something. or maybe tenzin is aangs grandson or something

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, it all would depend on when exactly Aang had his son, Tenzin is a pretty cool name. My guess is Tenzin will be somewhere in his mid-twenties to mid-thirties.

knoodelhed Reply:

It is. ^^ IIRC, Tenzin is the current Dalai Lama’s given name. I really like the saga for being so topical–and at the same time, so timeless.

Jake Reply:

I think that there will be a love connection between the two. Like Aang and Kathara. Also, they will have to explain how the Element is inherited. Is it a Father thing, Mother thing, or a random thing? It kills me. Like nobody ever, in the history of that world, had a child with someone from another nation. Really. Are we supposed to believe that? I mean before the war. Just look at all the Avatars BEFORE Aang. That’s a lotta old guys and gals.

4. Shawn45 Said: Comment by Shawn45 on July 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

I know I will get flamed for saying this, but I am actually very disappointed.

I wish they’d continue with the origial Gaang, instead of having a new… Avatar plus Aang’s son from what little information we know. I know there’s undoubtably going to be more characters, and cameos from old characters as well, but I am just… disappointed really. There’s so many things they could show us with the old series still, but they opt to go in with a clean slate, and… le sigh.

I just don’t think they can hit again like they did with this cast of characters. The reason Sokka was so amazing was because of his voice actor in my opinion, and even if they have another comic relief guy, it just won’t be the same. The group composition at the end of Avatar the last airbender was perfect, with the six kids that saved the world, but now they’re going to have a hard time topping it, and I just hope that the initial group involves more than 2-3 kids, because more characters, as AltA has shown us, the better.

Aang is roughly only 70 years old before he died apparently, maybe even younger. I wonder what happened to make him die so young, and if the series will revolve around the mystery of that. If it does, it could be interesting… Though from how they handled Zuko’s mother, I doubt we’ll ever be told what happens.

Am I being overly critical, or am I justified in my disappointment?

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah it will be tough to forget about the original crew, but with the creativity and imagination of the original creators, i’m confident the show will be something very worthwhile.

Shadow Reply:

I think you are entited to your oppinion. And I agree with some statements,like myself,I want to know more about Zuko,and his mother. But I also really wanted to know what will happen after the war with Sozin was finished. So,in my oppinion,this looks like a good new cartoon to me,but they could have moved on later,and added some things about the former characters now. That’s what I think would be good.
    -Shadow

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I think both would be good, this doesn’t rule out the possibility that they will ever go back to the original characters ever again. I’m just way glad that they are starting a new Avatar series in general.

Peter Reply:

Aang was 110 when the first series started,

Shawn45 Reply:

112 actually, and that is a technicality. He was frozen in ice for 100 years, so he didn’t age at all. He still dies at around 70 years old in this new series.

Airbender Tom Reply:

But does Aang die? Or (like some people think other air nomads did before him) does he become “one with the air” and transition to another level of existence?

Macky Reply:

I have to agree… i think its not gonna be that interesting as the last series… after 70 years thats really young when you die… remember the crazy earth king (dont remember the name.. sorry) who exsisted even before aang was frozen for a hundred years?? and the whole concept of the story is just like 1-3 episodes in the previous series.. if i dont see the GaAng..And the cast is mature now… so its not as fun as the last episodes… i would be really disappointed, there are still too many questions to ask like..

Are the airbenders really extinct??
    What happened to zuko when azula zapped him with lightning??

Spoiler alert!! if you guys didnt know what happened to the “Phoenix King” and Aang.. here it is… Aang flew away and his scar in the back was pierced in a sharp rock which triggered the ever mighty avatar state, and after that Aang ENERGYBENDED the phoenix king and disabling his firebending…

oh and.. has anybody thought that Zuko and Toft might end up together?? o.0

Admin / Jordash Reply:

The airbenders will be re-born from Katara / Aang .. The show is still going to have the same comedy everybody loves and it will also have the epic storyline as well.

Lovezuko Reply:

Actually that would make aang around 82/83 when he died, that’s pretty reasonable. Its about the same age Roku lived. But kyoshi lived for almost 3oo years

gama Reply:

Not really… if the new Avatar is a teenager in this new show, she has to be at least 13 years old, which means Aang dies aroun 69 or 70 years old. At least

No, Aang was 13 when the show ended, add on the 70 years and thats 83 othen take away the age of Korra(about 16) and its around

Talyn Juice Reply:

Dude, you’re so right! I thought that they were gonna continue, because there was Water book, Earth book, and Fire book, but no Air book; Yeah, there are no more Air benders besides Aang, but wouldn’t it be right to continue ONE MORE SEASON and label it “Air” , because this is still dealing with Aang, and Zuko and stuff… and maybe together they learn more about his (zuko’s) mother, and go on a quest to find her or something? That would be cooler, not this.. :/ Besides, I don’t even get what steampunk is…

Ro Reply:

yeah I wish we could find out 4 things: what happened to Azula after the big fight, what went on with Zuko on his quest to find his mother, whether Toph’s parents stopped searching for her and whether they still think she was “kidnapped by the avatar”.

5. Ben Said: Comment by Ben on July 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

I really think that this is for the best, starting fresh.
    ATLA went out with a bang, for sure. The build-up and climax was perfect. There’s no arguing that. The characters were developed amazingly, and we all came to love them. I know I was drawn into the world so much that at times I had to remind myself “I can’t bend…I can’t bend…”

That being said, how do you expand on perfection? The goal is to build UP. ATLA had climaxed. It was as perfect as a show could get. There was nowhere for it to go but down. That’s not a knock on the show, or on the creators. I think it’s a compliment. They had been just that successful.

Sure, they could take the Gaang and throw them in some more crazy situations, have more plots, more conflicts. But what would it all amount to? They saved the world. Anything after that just seems so…trivial.
    We all wanted to find out the end relationships (of course Aang and Katara, Sokka and Suki, Toph and…who?), we were dying to finally reach the conclusion with Zuko’s mom, and we would have loved to see the new bad-ass Dragon Uncle’s Tea Shop (which I’m sure is what he would have called it).

This type of dying out occurs across all truly great works, from books to movies to tv shows. I know that at the end of the Ender’s Game series, I was completely infuriated at the cliff hangers. But the main conflict was resolved. The rest would just be mop-up story telling, tying up the loose ends.

So I think this is for the best. Continue this wonderful universe they’ve created. Continue these mysterious and fantastic powers. But let the original characters have the rest they so rightly deserve.

Shawn45 Reply:

You’re right of course, I was being way too overly critical, and now that I have had time to think about it I have come to like the idea more and more. I’m still disappointed that we won’t follow the same kids this time around, but a whole new cast of interesting characters will be fine I suppose, just as long as they are interesting.

On an unrelated note, I really hope they don’t tease with shippers this time around. I hated how every forum was devoted to the ships for to show like this, where that is one of the least important things to worry about.

On a more related note, something you said is what concerns me the most:

“But the conflict would never be the same. The intensity of the show would be lost. Instead, the fans would be spending their time reminiscing, always comparing the new conflict with the dire situation of the Fire invasion. And any new conflict after that would just…fall short.”

How in the world are they going to top the threat of the Fire Nation? I don’t think it’ll be possible to be completely honest, but I’m holding my breath still.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Quick Question, what do you mean by “Shippers”?

Shawn45 Reply:

People who obsess with the relationships in the show to the point of insanity.

Ok, that’s a harsh definition. Basically it’s people who watch the show for the romance and want a specific pairing to happen. For example, one of the biggest ships of the first series was Zutara, aka ZukoxKatara, and a lot of fans of this ship would argue on forums why it’s the only true pairing in the entire show and blah blah blah.

It brings about huge flame wars, and is generally not very fun to get involved in.

Jake Reply:

I may come off as a “shipper,” but, I’m not. Really. I think relationships really show that a character is more than a generic, “I saved the world! Woo-hoo!” Kinda person, but that they have earthly desires too. The Avatar is not a God. It has earthly wants and desires just like us. Also, I would have loved to see what Zhuko did afterwards. His whole life seemed to be “the war” the war, the war… is he lost? Does he seek guidance? If so, where’d he get it from? Iro? Taugh? (sorry, bad speller of Chinese names) Aang? WHAT THE FREAKING HECK IS GOING ON! I’M SO CONFUSED!

Lovezuko Reply:

Although aang was a complex and deep character, let’s face it, out of the whole series, zuko was the one with the real depth, the real character. That is why we love zuko much. Now by the description of the new avatar, it seems as if her internal conflicts would resemble that of prince zukos. And honestly I love aang, but I think zuko could have carried the series by himself. (of course the other character made avatar the amazing series it was). All I’m saying is that the internal conflict can sometimes be just as interesting and intoxicating as the external conflict, as proven with zuko. So if she’s internally conflicted, like zuko, I think we have the making of a wonderful series.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah Zuko definitely had an awesome storyline, I didn’t think about it like that but if Korra has as deep a level as Zuko then the series is definitely going to be fantastic!

You cant just say Zuko was the only one with a deep character, Aang also does.

Track His story, he was just a simple Air Nomad he Finds out he is the avatar and his whole life changes, His friends wont play with him, he is going to be sent away from his home. He never wanted to be the Avatar and he has to accept that.He also has Trouble with attachments, he is an Air nomad and was attached to the place he was born, he gets so angry when he loses people he loves,Eg Katara Appa, hIS people.THroughout the series he learns to be able to let go and be the AVatar.

Your Point is good Lovezuko though, You should Join this sites Forum.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I also think different characters related to different people in different ways, Tai Li would probably relate to a certain group of people while Mai would relate to another group, the diversity of Characters I think is one of the major reasons Avatar was such an awesome show.

6. Axel Cruz Said: Comment by Axel Cruz on July 21, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

I really would like to know if they are holding open auditions… I am very interested in auditioning for this show!!!! If there are any auditions spots please let me know how I can get one!!! My email is ACruz121390 at Gmail.com ..

And I just gotta say that this is one of the best shows in the world… The characters, the story line, the creative ideas for different animals, the different places… Its a whole different world created by amazing masterminds… and the movie didnt help out at all… Arg!!!!

7. Shah Said: Comment by Shah on July 21, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

i just had like a brain blast what if its like a zuko iroh relationship!!! where tenzin is like iroh (old, full of wisdom, babbles about tea) and korra is like zuko(hot headed, always wanting to do things the easy way, gets angry fast,… zuko-ish) and tenzin travels with korra giving iroh types of advice cus he is gonna be like 50 years old or something

black dude Reply:

psh…you babble about tea

8. Thalia in Jamaica Said: Comment by Thalia in Jamaica on July 21, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

I don’t know if I can wait until 2011!!

9. matthew dunn Said: Comment by matthew dunn on July 21, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

I think m night messed him self out of making 2nd movie second live action movie and frankly i dont blame the creators of the avatar the last airbender of making a new series cuzz what ive been hearing is the creators had no say and i do not think that m night saw animation sries so thats why and he left out so many key parts its not even funny and way too short and i do not blame the creators for startin a new series cuzz if i was them id be shamed that m night even did the first live action movie and id like to know if they gave cartoon rhights too i hope to god the didnt but i was the creators id start a new series too anyway the creators just try to please the adiance witch i like m night probly try please himself but creators please dont let us views down on the nbew series and if any aculy nickoldeon exsecutives are reading this the live action should be made a series that my friends would skyrocket ur ratings

10. David Said: Comment by David on July 21, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

The thing i cant wait for is to see if they include places from ATLA like basinsang i spelt that wrong srry. And I hope they release some trailers and more concept art soon im getting axious and im spelling everything wrong lol

11. baraip Said: Comment by baraip on July 22, 2010 at 7:17 am | Permalink

wow, this would be a great movie on 2011
    GO AVATAR

12. ophyjgjhnfn Said: Comment by ophyjgjhnfn on July 22, 2010 at 9:41 am | Permalink

I think it’s cool that Korra is totally rocking new-wave Water Tribe gear. Very slick stuff there. City-scape, awesome. And I mean that in the original sense of the word. Full of awe. Awe inspiring.

Can’t wait for the new forums and some new pictures to discuss. These are exciting times, folks! It’s not usual to get a return to a world we love like this (unless that world is owned by George Lucas…) and to get the creators telling us that it will be connected to the old world? I’m really jonesing for the old voice actors to be brought back for the inevitable flashbacks. Or some actors who can pull off older sounding versions of the same.

Exciting times…

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah, I love the new Water-Tribe Gear as well.

Keep checking back, and definitely subscribe because the new Forum and Community is going to be launching very soon!

13. Toraof theSouthernWaterTribe Said: Comment by Toraof theSouthernWaterTribe on July 22, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

OHHHHHH MY GOSHH!!! THIS IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!! AANG HAS A SON!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!! THE PICTURE LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I’M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

14. Mina Said: Comment by Mina on July 22, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Itll be interesting to see the creators and animators set the bar even higher in the worlds of television and animation. I hope the track team will continue to provide engaging music and the animators will provide art similar to ATLA so not to throw ATLA fans off balance. I hope they intend for the new show to come out really soon in 2011, instead of making avatards wait for next summer!

ophyjgjhnfn Reply:

You know what, Mina? I think you just hit the nail on the head.

I really want to see the same style as the last series.
    I really want to hear the same kind of music by the Track Team.

-But- I really want to watch as these guys raise the bar -again- for worldwide animation. Storytelling, art, soundtrack, voices actors… I am anxious to see if they will do this. I… don’t want them to repeat what went on before. I want them to exceed it. And you know? I think they have the capacity to do so.

15. worldstraveller Said: Comment by worldstraveller on July 22, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Permalink

I’m one of those who are excited. the plot, character, concept are really cool!!
    is true there is possible negative points like Shawn45 and Ben mentioned.
    however, it depends from the interview and since are the creators creating the new series and from HD image, is with the same animators, and the co-executive producer Joaquim Dos Santos (he was the one who directed third seazon and sozin comet and did some episodes in the other 2 seasons), I trust them very heartly.
    usually what screws up when comes this stuff, when is made by a whole new people, team and the story created by other team, then would happen mess up.

but since the creators said they gonna connect with the original that they themselfs did, this means they aren’t gonna mess up and from what I can tell, I’m sure the new series will be alright and other part…
    if you noticed in the other seasons, Water, Earth and Fire, were the seasons when Aang learns and missed to master, so I think this new series will sort represents Air, because since Aang already mastered Air when series started on Water, and this new character named Korra misses only the Airbending to master, and will be teached by Tenzin, Aang’s son (since Aang was the only airbender in his time before have a child (or children) in the whole world.
    so the creators thought over this, and didn’t want to look on the movie but focus only in the new series.
    I trust them, after all they are the Creators of Avatar World. =)

16. knoodelhed Said: Comment by knoodelhed on July 23, 2010 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Ah, the archetypical “wretched hive of scum and villainy” – makes for good turning point for epic tale. :)

17. K Said: Comment by K on July 23, 2010 at 11:44 am | Permalink

i am so excited for this new series, though i’m sad to see the original gAang go. i love the series to death and i never get bored of any of the episodes. all the concepts, the characters, the music, the development, and sooo much more. i got on the ATLA train really late- i started watching it in May of 2009. i used to think ‘oh great just another dumb kids cartoon’ but now i cant stop watching it, ever since my dad got the first four episodes of avatar from blockbuster. we watched them and i was immediately hooked.

a few weeks later, i saw the whole season three finale and i saw zuko with his totally awesome floppy hair totally kicking azula’s butt WITH KATARA, and i was like what the heck when did he join the gAang, and my mouth felt like it would never close! i scoured the web for ages, trying to find a website where i could catch up on the episodes. FINALLY i found avatarchapters, with links to megavideo, so I watched them all within a week.

Ever since then I’ve been trying to catch all the episodes on nicktoons when they come on, but sometimes my siblings insist an watching other things, even though they love the show.

Avatar has become my lifeline through the bad times and the good, and I constantly fantasize about becoming part of their world. I know that CAN’T be healthy, but at this point I really don’t care. I watch Avatar, I draw Avatar, I fantasize about Avatar, I read Avatar, I dream about Avatar, and I listen to Avatar. I love the show and I’ll never stop watching it.

WEEELLLLLL, now that I’ve told you my whole life story, i guess i’ll share why I LOVE THE IDEA OF LEGEND OF KORRA!!! I think it would be AWESOME to see the next Avatar in action. And I think it’s BEAST that the next Avatar is a girl, because we haven’t had one since Kyoshi. ATLoK should be AMAZING, and I hope to see the original characters sometime in the show. I can’t wait for 2011. I really hope they tie up the loose ends from the original series, like how the Airbenders repopulated, and Zuko’s journey to find his mother. ORRR when she comes back. If they’re not gonna do that in the original series, they should show a flashback or backstory or SOMETHING. OOORRRR they could make an animated movie that bridges between ATLA and ATLoK.

Well, that’s all I have to say. I just had a random spaz, i guess. i guess i just needed to let it all out or somethin. OH WELLZ!!!!

peace!

K Reply:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH AND KEEP M. NIGHT AWAY FROM ANYTHING AVATAR!!!!! I HATED THE LIVE CRAPTION MOVIE!!

wooooooww. another spaz. this cant be healthy. oh well. btw, WHERE IS ZUKO’S MOMMY????????????? woooooooww.another spaz. oh well.

Macky Reply:

i totally agree… you cant really sum up the whole series in 1 and a half hour… youll get crap all over the room… first of why is uncle not fat?? and why is he not wisdomy in the movie?? Zukos scar is just blah.. looked like he just had a very bad eye bags and incomplete set of hair.. Sokka isnt even Sarcastic!! i didnt finish the movie.. i left for the sake of really vomiting…

its just like twilight.. when you read the book… its really good.. but when you watch the movie.. you get really disappointed..

L Reply:

I love avatar also
    I wish they would have let aang live a longer life though
    it is going to be an amazing series

Kiri Reply:

omigosh! what is your email?!?! i sooo completly agree with you!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

It would be best to join our community, http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/register/

In order to communicate with other avatar the last airbender fans.

18. Dylan J Said: Comment by Dylan J on July 25, 2010 at 12:07 am | Permalink

I am so hyped for this show I have been a fan of the series since then very begining and even went to see the the last air bender twice just to watch the live action bender, I’m sure the creators will do fine with many of th fans questions and I honestly believe there’s a possibility of zuko own a tea shop in this new city in which we may hear the story about his mother and how everything went down when he went to look for her, honestly that cliff hanger was the only thing I have ever hated about the series, but. With this I have hope I also think the a bridge movie in highly possibe, and also believ this mini series will grow into more from the success of the name story and the fact we don’t have a certain Indian director ruin the iconic image of something great and turning it into a hollywood abmoination, like what happened to DB evoultion, I just hope before we have another green lit movie I has a good name attached. Revamp th only way. Anyway totally pyched to return to the avatar universe and am completely ready for it.

19. Jaydee Said: Comment by Jaydee on July 26, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

Guys, Aang might be in this series!! Remember how avatar Roku, the avatar before aang, played a big part in A:TLA?! AANG MIGHT MAKE A FEW APPERANCES!! And Zuko’s desendents probably will too!! Because think about it, who did he pass on fire lord too? HIS KIDS!!

20. Avatar of Joane
    Joane Said: Comment by Joane on July 27, 2010 at 9:29 am | Permalink

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I dont want Aang to be dead!!!! Aang is the best Avatar there ever was and the best there ever will be!! I don’t want him to be left out of series. It’s…..really sad

21. Avatar of John
    John Said: Comment by John on July 27, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

I guess I’ll have to edit my day dream to put the world in a more late 20th century state. With powerful business forces taking hold of the world and screwing up nature like never before. With the spirits a pale shadow of their former selves, and benders scarce enough for people to think they no longer exist, if they ever did. Into this world, an Avatar would be like Luke Skywalker. He used a lightsaber and the force, but never did stop carrying a blaster, just in case. His powers were revealed through trial and error.

The Cabbage Merchant Reply:

Actually, dang, I’d love to see an eventual update like that. Kind of a reverse of the Jim Butcher Codex Alera series (check it out! it’s great and very like Avatar’s benders) where all people have abilities to tap and only one boy does not, but uses his head and his will to overcome such “handicaps”. It would be great to have just a group of outcast benders one day.

John Reply:

Gotta avoid the X-Men parallel though. Not too hard. Since Benders look normal, and they could keep it a secret, well for a while anyway. Like Zuko and Ang, the benders would have to have good hand to hand or weapons skills. Maybe they could use the styles their bending moves are based on.

22. Frank Said: Comment by Frank on July 28, 2010 at 9:52 am | Permalink

Those skyscrapers are unnecessary, I can’t believe they traded the beauty of traditional Asian culture for a murky modern metropolis. And what is that new avatar wearing?…

John Reply:

I bet that this is supposed to be just that. A series of bad trade offs by society, moving the Avatar to action.

worldstraveller Reply:

what’s the new avatar wearing? clothes, I still see remains of tradional clothes from water tribe…
    I don’t see why make you think like that, if wasn’t the same team and the original creators I would understand.
    but since is the original creators, same team animation and soundtrack, I don’t see why the pessimism…
    I understand that people reaction is all excited and maybe annoy you being way too optimistic and stuff but are nervous about the relation to the plot with original series, but since creators said it gonna have relation (they didn’t mention how much, but I guess what must be enough being around 12 episodes in mini-series) and guess it gonna have explaination on the metropolis, and from plot summary, is only 1 place is like this in avatar world and that’s Republic City, so therefore it won’t have much change, it didn’t said in WHOLE AVATAR WORLD, just a city, you’re saying as if is in the whole world, when isn’t, besides as far I remember, in the original series, a guy was developing this kind of technology for the fire nation, right? in episode 17 Northern Air Temple Book 1: Water. so isn’t really that suprising to make that sort of reaction.

Mark Reply:

what up with the clothes??.. what happened after 70 years?? im sure that it changed… and the new avatar should have been more feminine.. when i first read about the legend of korra i instantly thought about a very hot and sexy woman which was alot like I Tai Lee a.k.a. circus freak but a real bad ass… i really am not gonna be that hooked to this season.. and there is a curse that if you make a saga after a great movie,series.. it will not be as good as the first.. but it doesnt apply all the time.. like Toy Story 3.. that was really great..

worldstraveller Reply:

depends.
    but since is:
    - are the co-creators (they even gonna write each episode)
    - same team animation
    - same soundtrack team
    - same team of voice acting

what to complain? and to worry?
    if was the all new like was the movie, then I would understand the worry.
    one thing is true, this one won’t so good as was the original, it will be be good, but not so good as the original, and this is more than enouch.

as for the “should been more femenine” and “when I first read about(…)a very hot and sexy woman which was alot like Tai Lee…”
    is normal guys would prefer more like this, also girls in a sense (some for feminism, woman power or fashionable,etc – there many reasons -.-”)
    but to me I’m very okay with it, not because I generally admire female characters like this, but from her discription in personality wise and the fact she has mastered Water, Earth and Fire, or so to say not only the arts but also its discipline.
    mastering the elements and the “Avatar State” also molds personality and lifestyle of the avatar and its surroundings, you can tell mostly when Aang was learning his opposite element, I guess is the opposite element to the original avatar element has more effect on them in personality.

Waterwip Reply:

I thought it was obvious they ended up togther but I know how you feel I. Loved katara she was my fav charecter and aang to it will be sad but I hope it is good

23. Nicole Said: Comment by Nicole on August 1, 2010 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I just really hope that Zuko has a badass firebeding grandson who looks almost exactly like him from when he was 16 *fans face*. If so,….*faint*.

24. Kiri Said: Comment by Kiri on August 2, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

I can’t believe it! They’re taking away AANG??? and KATARA????? WHAT?????? NOOOOOOOOOO!

I tottaly except the idea of Korra and stuff, but could they at least have like, Aang and Katara and stuff?

Who here has ever seen Ember Island Players? (book 3, chapter 17 i think)

Katara said she didnt know when the right time was for a relationship. What about an episode to confirm her and Aang’s relationship?

I say they should have a whole episode or two to tie up loose ends and show some stuff before Korra stuff comes along.

What happened to Toph? did she ever get to see her parents? and what about Aang dying (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! ;( !!!!)?

overall, I can’t be complaining. At least they ARE making a sort of sequal. So, yea.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Aang and Katara did marry, Mike and Bryan confirmed that in an interview, the also said they never meant for it to be a mystery.

25. kursd-soul Said: Comment by kursd-soul on August 3, 2010 at 11:09 am | Permalink

I think it would have been better if they had just contiuned from the end of book three or just a few years after, because I doubt that the world would just suddenly become peaceful, as I think there would be people in the fire nation that would still think that ozai was right.

26. AvatarFreak Said: Comment by AvatarFreak on August 6, 2010 at 12:40 am | Permalink

WOW

i never knew they would make another version, but to be honest. i think it will be boring. if she was a kid it would be cool. but it’s still nice. i wonder what will happen in it. will the earth kingdom attack this time xD.

but still Aang rocks.

But i cant believe that aang is gonna grow up. that ruins me -_-

lets hope korra is like 12 years old or something. because its more cute when they are kids xD

27. Mark Said: Comment by Mark on August 7, 2010 at 7:30 am | Permalink

does anybody know how to determine the next avatar??

Admin / Jordash Reply:

I believe that it’s just random but the cycle between Water, Earth, Fire etc.. stays the same.

28. Zerachiel Said: Comment by Zerachiel on August 8, 2010 at 2:07 am | Permalink

i have to admit i’m actually disappointed with them bringing out a new one set SO much farther in the future. with a teenage avatar that can only mean that our beloved aang is dead T_T, which means more then likely Zuko is in his last years of life as with sokka and tuf (screw katara she was annoying)

sequels are almost never as good as the original and with out the original crew which made avatar such a funny and great show i don’t know if this one will do as well. specially if the rumors are true and she already has mastered 3 of the 4 elements.

Coolcatjas Reply:

Some sequels are as good or better than the originals. Like toy story 3, I found it to be so much better than the first and second toy stories. Sides this is myke and brian we’re talking about here! They NEVER dissapoint :)
    Who knows we might see the gaang in the series. All old and wrinkly but I’m sure they’ll be as funny as ever!

29. Nagagon Said: Comment by Nagagon on August 9, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

It’s hard to let go of the characters. They are not simply characters, they’re people we know and have been with for very long time. I always believed that, even though the cartoon characters are not solid, existing in our earthly realm, they are as real to me as my own mother. If my mother were to leave my life, but still exist in my heart, i’d be happy and sad at the same time.
    What i’m trying to say is: It’s just temporary folks. I bet you that when Korra comes, kicking bad guys asses and saving the day, we’re all gonna love her.
    And just so you know, i JUST finished the series, like, 15 minutes ago. Watched the whole thing in a weekend’s time. But i love Aang, Katara, Toph, Sokka, Momo, Appa, Suki, Zuko, Iroh, Bumi and all the characters just the same as you all. So, we’ll miss them, fall in love with the Korra gang and, hey! If we feel like seeing Aang blasting a door, Katara Freezing people up, Sokka making a joke or Toph doing some badass Earth Bending, just watch the whole thing again! You have many weekend’s in your life, i’msure you can spare one to see some good ol’ friend :)

John Reply:

I totally get it. I make cartoon characters (that you might never get to see on TV) as well as watch em on TV. These things are always temporary. When it’s over, it’s like knowing that one of you pals is going and not coming back. The old episodes become like home movies you can watch to remember those times. At least this is true with the really special shows. I’m especially fond of Toph. I’d love to have a niece or daughter like her. And I’d totally understand her and give her a break. If I was a twelve or thirteen year old cartoon boy, that kid would have a boyfriend.

30. Haziq Said: Comment by Haziq on August 10, 2010 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Katara/ Aang = MISTBENDERS YEEEH!!!!

31. a_girl Said: Comment by a_girl on August 10, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

so excited!!! but from all these posts it looks like they changed it sooooooooooo much! :’( i just hope it still has some bits from the old show!!

32. pieman Said: Comment by pieman on August 12, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

does anybody know exactly when it’s coming out?

Admin / Jordash Reply:

No solid news on that yet.

best i have heard is Late Fall 2011 ,so almost exactly a year from now.

33. pieman Said: Comment by pieman on August 13, 2010 at 11:19 am | Permalink

So did Zuko ever find his mother?

34. Pieman Said: Comment by Pieman on August 13, 2010 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Did Zuko ever find his Mom?

35. Pieman Said: Comment by Pieman on August 13, 2010 at 11:26 am | Permalink

sorry didn’t meen to post it twice

36. Diana Said: Comment by Diana on August 13, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Permalink

I would want to know:

1. Did Aang and Katara marry?
    2. Did Zuko ever find his mother?
    3. Did Azula join her father in prison?
    4. Does Appa and Momo ever find mates?
    5. Does Sokka ever get his “space sword” back?
    6. Does Toph reconcile with her family?
    7. How does Aang die?

If they answer these questions in the new series, either in flashback or some other creative way, that would be great.

I look forward to a new Avatar offering…I have faith that their talent and creativity will inspire us all once again.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Aang and Katara did Marry, Mike and Bryan have confirmed that and said they never meant for it to be a mystery.

Aang died earlier than other Avatars because he was trapped in an ice-berg for so long which shortened his life-span.

The other questions will hopefully be answered in flashbacks like you said.

Dace Reply:

Diana- these are great questions! I hope they will be answered. Until I see the series, though, I totally disagree that the reasoning behind Aang dying at 82 (or 182, however you want to see it) would be because he was trapped in an iceburg. Ice has the opposite effect. It preserves. So, if anything, he had a long life. The average age of a man is around 76, so 82 is doing pretty good.
    The great thing about the first series was how the writers were able to do so many different backstories to help explain the past. I am interested in knowing if the new Avatar (Korra) is somehow related to Korin, the water bending Avatar that Aang spoke with while on the Lionturtle.

37. Diego Said: Comment by Diego on August 14, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Frankly I am extremely excited for the new series, but at the same time don’t want to let go of the gAang. Therefore I propose they create A:TLoK and afterwards go back to filling to 70 year time gap between the 2 productions. If this doesn’t work then they (bryke and original ppl, NOT m night) should create a full length animated movie filling the gap and answering all the questions.

HeartOfKataang Reply:

Ohmygod LIKE!!!

38. Avatar of Nuriko
    Nuriko Said: Comment by Nuriko on August 17, 2010 at 9:01 am | Permalink

Does Admin / Jordash post every article on this website? If u kno PLZ reply!

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yes Right now I am the only poster, but I may be getting writers soon.

39. kelly Said: Comment by kelly on August 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

grrrrr. i think starting over is stupid. everyone loves the old people. why get rid of them??? at the end of the movie they made it sound like they were going to go into finding zuko’s mom, what happened to that! i think they should go around find ing people and fixing all the damage done during the war. i also think toff should go back to her family and have a nice episode about that. i wish they would stop trying to replace everyone!

HeartOfKataang Reply:

Well maybe we can all get the closure we need in the near future– mike and bryan said theyd love to make an animated movie sometime, so hopefully well see one and itll fill in the cracks and cliff-hangers from sozin’s comet :)

40. Avatar of HeartOfKataang
    HeartOfKataang Said: Comment by HeartOfKataang on August 18, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

I know a bunch of the filler episodes (zuko alone, tales of ba sing se, appa’s lost days, etc.) were all kind of hit and misses, but i think ill really miss them in korra’s mini-series!! Im kinda curious about how mike and bryan will go about developing the minor characters and antagonists without the extra experiences…..???

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I’m curious about that as well.

insidetheapplecore Reply:

zuko alone wasn’t really a filler episode, it provided a lot of insight into his past

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I wouldn’t consider it a filler episode, it was actually one of my favorite episodes.

insidetheapplecore Reply:

total agreement :D

41. Scorpio Said: Comment by Scorpio on August 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

Aang is so much better

42. jessica Said: Comment by jessica on August 28, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

okay who is toph with i heard she is going to be a grandmother!! okay so it is aang and katara zuko and mae and sokka and suki but who will toph be with!! i heard that zuko will be 86 hahaaha they should make one more legendary thing for aang like he isnt dead but he just disseppeard and only katara has contact with him

43. Zach Fatal Said: Comment by Zach Fatal on September 1, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

I wanna see this so badly goddamn it

44. bforcs Said: Comment by bforcs on September 3, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

okay something’s bothering me. people are saying that 70 is too young for the avatar to die but he was 12 in the first show. 12 plus a 70 year time gap is 82…he’s plenty old.

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah I was wondering why people were saying that as well. I think it’s because other avatars had extended lifespans. But avatar roku for example only lived to maybe 90 so really aang dying at around 80 is not unusual in the least.

Mike and Bryan more or less confirmed he dies of old age, he dies of old age so young as he spent alot of energy keeping himself and Appa alive. The problem is definitely that according to Andrea Romano everyone else is also dead.

45. NightLight Said: Comment by NightLight on September 7, 2010 at 7:09 am | Permalink

I believe that the writers will resolve most of the questions from ATLA in ATLoK. There were many flashbacks to Aang’s past life as Roku, and I think ATLoK will feature much of the same. That said, I am disappointed that the continuing story is about a new avatar; I can’t imagine any fan of the orginal show could grow as attached to the new storyline and characters (in the limited 12 episode season that has been promised to ATLoK) as to ATLA.

46. Jennie Said: Comment by Jennie on September 7, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Permalink

Umm if aang has a son than who’s the mother? I would guess it’d b katara but still…?

Admin / Jordash Reply:

It’s Katara, Series Creators have confirmed this.

47. ziblef Said: Comment by ziblef on September 8, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Cloudbending plz..

i don’t want to be tormented by other kinds of bending being unoringinal.

and if this is another katara..

NO HOPE SPEACHES!!!! (its really annoying!!)

48. Avatar of HeartOfKataang
    HeartOfKataang Said: Comment by HeartOfKataang on September 10, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

I think ALL of the nonmembers commenting should join the site! Its sooo much fun, being able to relate to fellow avatards on a site FOR ATLA only!! :) i really like what ive been reading, and all of yall would be great commentors on the site community, yknow???

AVATARTED Reply:

I totally agree…Im glad that there is a web site all about ATLA….I cant wait till the chick avatar..hopefully they dont kill the awsomeness that ATLA has gotten over the years…..Man, CANT WAIT!!!!!!AND hopefully M.NIGHT SHAMALAN doesnt kill this sequal over…..you know who should have made the avatar movie in my perspective…ether Tim Burten or the guy that created INGLORIOUS BASTARDS…..

49. jjjo Said: Comment by jjjo on September 27, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

man i cant wait till 2011 this new season is gonna be great i cant believe Aang has a son and i hope zuko found his mother

50. sarah gambill Said: Comment by sarah gambill on October 21, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

no zuko had already have a wife katara after mai died who was killed by lilith and aang died in his 30s and katara had remarried to zuko nomore mai and nomore mai hahahaha

51. Avatar of Rasi Christal Airnation
    Rasi Christal Airnation Said: Comment by Rasi Christal Airnation on October 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

not much talking .. not good at speaking english.. hehe :-D but it’s very very good..!! verily, it is very gracius ^_^

Avatar of

Toph Bei Fong Reply:

I to also like this picture =)

52. Avatar of Mark
    Mark Said: Comment by Mark on November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am | Permalink

I can’t wait 2 c it!!!!!!

53. Katara Said: Comment by Katara on November 2, 2010 at 11:11 am | Permalink

I believe that they should show a quick flash of Aang’s life before “Avatar: The legend of Korra”. Like Aang’s marriage, with Zuko being the best man… Toph can be the flower girl LOL. Also, Aang’s son should be able to waterbend, and airbend. It only makes sense.

54. mike swizzalsky Said: Comment by mike swizzalsky on November 26, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Permalink

why couldnt they jus continue with the old crew with jus a different story like since there is no war others try nd take over

55. Lily Said: Comment by Lily on December 7, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I’m both incredibly nervous and incredibly excited, I’m afraid they’ll wreck it, but on the other hand, it’s the same crew, Mike and Bryan, it could be totally epic

56. Lala Said: Comment by Lala on December 30, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

I think this will be good! And like ATLA, we will have
    mysteries that need solving (like we wondered how aang got in the
    iceberg. Now we know) and so now we wonder what happened to aang
    and katara and Zuko and his mom and all those other questions. I
    can’t wait for this show!!

Alfred Reply:

yes i am also willing to know about what happen…

57. Avatar of Matthew
    Matthew Said: Comment by Matthew on February 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

The Meelo pic.

Is that really Meelo, not Mezlo? Due to the handrighting?

No its definitely meelo , there were rumors before Comic con then people at comic con who got the sketches done confirmed it is Meelo not Mezlo.

Welcome to the Site Matthew

Matthew Reply:

Thanks.

There are alot of users from the Avatar Wiki thinks its Mezlo, but I am sure its Meelo.

But there are some users think its Meelo.

58. Alfred Said: Comment by Alfred on May 5, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Permalink

that will be the amazing time when next series will come of the Avtar…

59. alfred joshf Said: Comment by alfred joshf on May 9, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

will Avtar create history for upcoming years…

Probably.

60. Win Yang Said: Comment by Win Yang on July 16, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Permalink

I really really do wish that the Avatar series wasn’t owned and supervised by Nickelodeon… It just that I think Nickelodeon watered down the series, it could have been so much more, more full blooded. But still it is a kid show… In my opinion, it could have been much better if cartoon network was the one that owned ATLA… Just saying

Admin / Jordash Reply:

Yeah there’s disadvantages and advantages to having it on Nick

Win Yang Reply:

True… But working inside a box does sometimes provide a unique and quirky way of making the box appear enchanting

Well then you need to ask would it have been as good as it was on another channel. The humour certainly might not have been as good, for a kids show the fight scenes are amazing and there are times when they get injured, obviously no blood seen but no kids channel will allow that.
    I think Avatar showed Nick what could be done, everything does not have to be spongebob, there can be themes and action too. I don’t think there was anything that could have been done to Avatar by any network to make it any more mature/less kiddy that would not have made it a show not for kids
    Personally I think if it was on Cartoon network we would never have seen the end of the show, it would have been cancelled or something.

Nick know now how to handle Avatar and the creators know exactly how far they can go, So I expect Korra to be fantastic start to finish.