Some Ramblings… (4 posts)

• Leaping Lemur13

Bender

said 4 years, 5 months ago

The ATLA movie was my second introduction to Avatar. The first was The Library, wich scared me so much as a kid… So I do owe the movie my love for ATLA. However, now, I do not like the movie as much as I did then. But there is one point I strongly agree with.

That the Avatar can not marry.

I’m sorry, I don’t like Kataang. I see how it works, but I don’tlike it. You can probably tell from my username.

Anyone agree with me?

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@looneygleek
    I like it in the movie as it added so much to the reasons behind Aang leaving and not wanting to be the Avatar, but liking it because you do not like Kataang is very odd to say the least especially when you support a ship that has nothing to support it.

I think the show was correct to not have it in as it very much stressed that the Avatar needed to experience what it is to be human, including marriage and so on so they know what it is to be human and because of that will see why the world needs protecting.

So lets keep this thread about the concept the movie introduced of Avatars not being allowed to marry as opposed to the shipping.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Leaping Lemur13

Bender

@airspeed I never intended it to be about shipping. I was just saying why I liked the Avatar not being able to marry.

I suppose Aang in the movie would have to get married anyway, or the Air Nomads would be no more. :(

• Nico Robin

Master of The Elements

said 3 years, 11 months ago

i can’t watch the movie anymore i gave it too many chances.

Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you must open your mind to the possibilities.
    – King Bumi

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 5
Queries: 168 queries in 0.592 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f