Out Of Respect to Airspeed (24 posts)

• Deleted User

Newcomer

said 6 years, 6 months ago

I’ve read his arguments about the movie. I understand and respect his feelings towards it. So much that, it is on Pay-Per-View today and despite my convictions, I’m going to try to view it as though I had never watched the series, I will give it the benefit of the doubt. If I still don’t like it, at least you know I tried. ;)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@tracycruze
    I saw my username in the title and was like “HMMM whats this about”,LOL

Thanks for giving it another chance, Look forward to your thoughts if only other fans were as open as you *Sighs*

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

@airspeed I liked Appa and Momo, they needed bigger parts. As a stand alone movie, had someone not seem the series, it would have been very difficult to follow, the acting wasn’t great. The script. Yuck. Some of the bending was all right, but half the time my, son, mom. and I were going, “What the heck?”

• KoO

Hotman

@tracycruze said:
    @airspeed As a stand alone movie, had someone not seem the series, it would have been very difficult to follow

That’s what I think a lot about the movie too. At some parts in the movie it sort of seemed like MNS was relying on the fact that viewers had watched the show to understand the movie. In particular, one thing annoyed the hell out of me was when Aang said to Zuko “We could have been friends.” after leaving him frozen at the North Pole. How did that make any sense in the context of just the movie? If you’d seen the show, you’d know that he meant if there hadn’t been war Aang thinks they could have been friends just like he was friends with Kuzon. That’s just one example, but there are others like that.

Perhaps that’s just MNS writing a horrible script, but it’s just another one of those things that annoyed me in the movie. That’s not to say that MNS couldn’t have made a good movie – TLA had a lot of potential – but there were just too many bad things versus good things about the movie IMO.

I do have the power. I have all the power in the world!
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

@tracycruze @koo101 – Yup there is oodles of things not to like about the action movie, there is also plenty to appreciate and love about it too… I still stand by my thoughts/opinions that overall, in respect to the huge amount of work and effort that went into the movie by both cast and crew helps me to appreciate what they did do and accomplished. It also gives me hope that they have huge potential to grow and develop an even better squeal and though it’s not everyones cup of tea, it’s another opportunity to expose the world to the fantastic world of ATLA…..

…By feeling all these emotions, it helps you understand how precious human life is…. so you will do anything to protect it. – Avatar YangChen
  • aangfan

Bender

@donnagardner

Totally agree with you. With all that was wrong with the movie, I still find myself watching it and enjoying it (and cringing at “Oong” when it is said) about once a week. There ARE parts to enjoy. I just hope that MNS has sense enough to listen to what has been said about his first movie so he can make his 2nd one (hopefully) better.

“I don’t need luck though. I don’t want it. I’ve always had to struggle and fight and that’s made me strong. It’s made me who I am.” – Zuko
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

@tracycruze Glad you gave it a chance. Weather you like it or not, it is a fun and colorful movie to watch.

• Jon

Bender

Just thinking about the second movie (if he makes it) I wonder who they are going to cast as Toph?

Flameo Hotman!
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@jonforrest
    Yes, that is the most critical decision in making the second movie since she is such a Unique Character

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@tracycruze
    I went to see it with my dad and he has never seen any Avatar and he could follow it easily had no questions after except ” I presume there will be more ?”

Even myself watching it taking myself out of “Superfan mode” found the story easy to follow, it was a bit fast paced, for obvious reasons.

• aangfan

Bender

@airspeed

I went to the doctor and she said her and her boys LOVED it and couldn’t wait for the 2nd one to to come out. The surprising part was that she didn’t even know there was a series. (Call me surprised)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@koo101
    We Could Have Been Friends, Aang in the movie obviously saw some good in Zuko he knew from the fact that Zuko captured him from Zhao that he wasn’t fully Evil Fire Nation.

And the line in the movie is “We could be friends” which to me suggests that Aang wants Zuko to stop hunting him and join them because he knows he is not like the rest of the Fire Nation Army

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@aangfan
    You told her about the Series, Right ?

• aangfan

Bender

@airspeed I did, but it was a lost cause. She was a parent that “didn’t let her sons watch regular TV”. As soon as she said that, I figured the conversation wasn’t going anywhere. Ah well.

• Jon

Bender

@aangfan
    At least you tried.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 5
Queries: 229 queries in 0.738 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f