If you ran into a person who was a fan of the show and didnt see the movie, what would be your revie (6 posts)

Fully Realised Avatar

said 5 years ago

If you ran into a person who was a fan of the show and didnt see the movie, what would be your review on the movie?

im only asking because i havent seen the movie and i want to know what others think. but dont say anything thats too rude.

If you want the secrets to all the site emoticons, click here ;)

And feel free to check out my page here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/avataryangchen

• Cosmobender

Bender

said 5 years ago

3 words,

M. Night Shyamalan. Do you really want to watch the garbage he makes now? (If he spent more time writing and casting it would be better).

A good movie if you like FX, but even that gets old. The characters in this movie in comparision to the show are dry and boring (if a bit typical).

Aang never expirences a coming of age(As he acts all serious throughout the whole movie)

Sokka is a PMSing whackjob and not the least bit sarcastic.

And don’t even get me started on the casting choice for Katara.(She always looks like she’s just going to start bawling. Not at all like the strong female character in the show)

Zuko and Iroh though, they were alright, but they should have stepped up their game.

Several fan favorite parts of Book 1 we’re completely ommited, and when they weren’t they butchered it. (Like why is Haru 11? He’s supposed to be 16 last I checked)

All in all, don’t even watch this for giggles. It’s not worth it, not unless Shyamalan can bring back that Sixth Sense magic he used to have.[/rant]

• Ricardo

Lion Turtle

said 4 years, 11 months ago

@airavatara I’d say watch it, even if it’s just for the sake of it being Avatar. Then you can give your own opinion on it, which I’m quite interested in. :)

I’d suggest watching it like any other movie though, and not comparing it to ATLA. It’s just another action movie, based on a TV series that we all love, with some awesome music too. :)

• Pabuxlove64

Hotman

said 4 years, 10 months ago

I would suggest you watch the movie for yourself. I personally……. Disliked it, but for the reason that all of the fans’ fave parts were omitted, andif you had never watched avatar the last airbender the series before, you would be lost by the first 2 minutes. And if you had watched most of the episodes, you would probably lost by the first, uh, 5 minutes… Yeah that seems about right. And if you are like me, who watched the whole entire series multiple times, you would STILL be lost, because they cut most all if the important parts in the series, and gave NO life to our favorite characters! Grr…. But watch it for yourself, goodluck following the storyline! Haha! O:-)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 4 years, 10 months ago

Watch it, ignore most of the over the top hater comments made about the movie and just be open about it.

Go in knowing it is different and that it won’t be a copy of the show and you should get some enjoyment out of it.

It is not an excellent movie, but it is super easy to follow the story and enjoyable in parts.

An ok movie for me.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Nico Robin

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 5 months ago

be open about it and dont judge it on the show at all dont even base it on it because even though thare similare the charicters are extremily different and the names arent prononced correctly (which angered me the most!)

Instead of seeing what they want you to see, you must open your mind to the possibilities.
    – King Bumi

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 5
Queries: 184 queries in 0.709 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f