Anyone up for a rewatch ? (20 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 5 years, 9 months ago

As in the title, Anyone interested in rewatching the movie. I haven’t watched it since I got the DVD and it would be interesting to know peoples thoughts nearly a year on.

Depending on if anyone is interested we can work out a good time to do it at.

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

said 5 years, 9 months ago

@airspeed HELL YES! Count me in, give me a date and I’ll watch it :D Was thinking of watching it tonight anyway, as it’s Friday here and not much on the box, even with cable! Look forward to it :D

…By feeling all these emotions, it helps you understand how precious human life is…. so you will do anything to protect it. – Avatar YangChen
  • NYuffie

Hotman

said 5 years, 5 months ago

Nah, i didn’t like the movie at all

My kindness comes with a price………….
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

said 5 years, 5 months ago

It’s now showing on our Sky channel here in New Zealand, so will be on the Free to air telly in the next 3 months or so… will be interesting to see how it’s marketed to the free to air as the Satalite channel really pushed the previews over 15 times in one evening, on multiple channels… so wonder what their viewing numbers are?….

• Nicky

Elite Bender

said 5 years, 3 months ago

Heck, no

• Donna

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 9 months ago

Just finished watching this with my new german fans last night… They had mixed feelings, then I showed them the extra’s on the blu-ray and they concluded with me… why did they cut out so much of the awesome other scenes that would of made the story flow… I really would love to see a directors cut of this now more so than ever… :)

Leaves me to ponder… how much did the studio pressure the down play of Katara’s role in this movie – is Hollywood ever going to be able to accept a very strong female role that doesn’t threaten their view on things?

Got me to thinking… Would we see The Legend of Korra become a life action film…. and how would they down play her role?…. just ponderings….

• TeaBender

Bender

I’d be up to watching it again. I haven’t watched it for a while now, but that’s because I’ve been busy with school and work etc. Only reason I was able to watch LoK was because I specifically carved out time for it hehe. Will post my thoughts when I re-watch the movie!

@donnagardner That is a legitimate question about accepting very strong female roles. :)

If The Legend of Korra were to become a live action film, I would hope they wouldn’t down play Korra’s role. It may have more to do with which studio is behind the movie, but in my mind, it wouldn’t make much sense for Korra to be downplayed (especially with the popularity of the series). What I mean is, it would be pretty hypocritical of Hollywood to do that when there have been strong female leads in movies before such as: Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil series, Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider series, Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, Kate Beckinsale in Underworld series, Demi Moore in G I Jane, Hilary Swank in Million Dollar Baby………These are just a few examples that popped into my head and anyone is free to dispute them. Plus, I really don’t get out much to the movies so I don’t really have much to put :(

But despite how logical or illogical my reasoning above may be, I know it gets a lot more complicated with Hollywood, especially once it goes into “how can we present a strong female lead and still have a large audience to view the film. Hmm, maybe we should put the actress in this type of clothing to alter her appearance. Or maybe…” This could also apply to some of the examples I listed too, now that I think about it :( Honestly if that were the case, I’d rather see Korra’s role be downplayed in some way instead of changing Korra’s physical presentation to make it more acceptable or whatever.

I dunno, those were just some of my thoughts. Perhaps I’m thinking too simplistically or optimistically with the mentioning of strong female leads. Obviously I don’t work in Hollywood or have any ties to it. I do not claim to completely understand the way the business works, nor do I intend to come across as stereotypical or anything. I’d still watch The Legend of Korra if it became live action, though it would be sad/ a bit disappointing to see Korra’s role be downplayed if Hollywood decided to do that. But who knows what’ll happen!

“Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.” ~Iroh
  • Julla

Fire Lord

@airspeed

Despite my feelings about this movie, I am willing to re-watch it. :-)

Power corrupts.
    Knowledge is power.
    Study hard, be evil. ~Unknown
  • Zach

Hotman

said 4 years, 8 months ago

As much as I disliked the movie, I would be willing to watch it again.

• KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 8 months ago

I already watched it, and enjoyed it. I’d do one anyday, as long as if it’s in the weekend if it’s not summer

If you look for the light, you can often find it. If you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see
  • Ricardo

Lion Turtle

said 4 years, 7 months ago

I think I may rewatch it again in the next few days.

I felt this sudden urge to view it again, and it’ll also help with The Last Airbender movie awards. :)

• HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader)

Amonic Reaper

Does anyone know of a site that I can watch this ATLA movie?

Why was 8 scared of 7? Because 7 ATE 9 Get it?
    AUDM Duel Monsters
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@avatarmaniac789
    There are plenty out there, just a quick google away, we don’t allow links to watch or download the movie here though.

• HypnoManiac(Amonics Leader)

Amonic Reaper

Roger that Airspeed Prime :P

• KoolKorra

Master of The Elements

said 4 years, 2 months ago

Nickelodeon is showing the movie right now. And i’m watching it.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 5
Queries: 218 queries in 0.635 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f