What shows will you be watching as you wait for Korra ? (201 posts)

• Admin / Jordash

Administrator

Wang Fire

said 5 years, 8 months ago

I can’t really say i’m a fan of Anime, Avatar’s the first one I really got into. I’m definitely open to new ones though. :)

Hey stomach, be quiet alright! Iā€™m trying to find us some food. ā€“ Sokka
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

I like Anime, but unlike many other cartoons like say Avatar or Avengers, there is that whole Quirky Anime feel to them, a certain weirdness to the shows mainly because of an absolutely mad plot.
    One anime that was recommended to me that I watched a bit of and need to go back to is
    Earth Maiden Arjuna, there are some similarities to Avatar, but for what ever reason lacks the draw of Avatar. It is really good, but with most Animes I can see why people wouldn’t be that into them, while with Avatar “What’s not to like”

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Dom

Elite Bender

I’ve never given anime shows a chance they’re just not my speed, but I did really enjoy Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle. I highly recommend them to those who haven’t seen them. Spirited Away I enjoyed more, only because the plot was a bit more tangible, LOL.

- Dom 8)

“Aang meet Foofoocuddlypoops. Foofoocuddlypoops, Aang” — Sokka
    – Dom @domski 8)
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

Shows I’ll be watching, hmmmm.

Well, other than re-watching ATLA I will watch the new season of The Clone Wars and Dexter

The Clone Wars is really getting into itself, the writing is getting more dramatic as writers from popular drama shows are beginning to get on it. The animation is improving as well, with more detail and fluidity than the first season could ever dream of. They say that there’s much darkness up ahead, I suppose it has to do with Anakin Skywalker getting closer to the dark side as the show build up for Revenge of the Sith, so I’m looking forward to that.

Dexter has always been one of my favorite shows. It’s very well written with many thrills, drama, and a bit of comedy. The last season didn’t really live up to it’s premise I’m afraid. Season 1 was terrific, seasons 2 and 3 where not as good as the first but where still very good, season 4 was incredible (the best one yet), but season 5 hits bottom when it comes to Dexter seasons. With season 6 they’ve gone back to the basics, and are really getting into the whole ambiguous side to Dexter’s personality it seems. They say that nothing can prepare us for what comes next, cause in season 6 all hell breaks loose, sounds very exciting.

Other than those two I’ll just see what I can find on TV, perhaps I can find something interesting on Discovery Channel or National Geographics. Science may not be my true passion, but even the most intuitive storytellers have a fascination for the real world both in terms of nature, culture, and the universe. Mike and Bryan probably enjoy a good show on History Channel about asian culture and history, so why shouldn’t I? I do find the mysteries of the world intriguing, and an understanding and curiosity of the beauty of the real world helps in creative thinking.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@atreides
    Regarding The Clone Wars yes it is getting better with Each season, but there is still so many disjointed episodes, I know the show is called the Clone Wars but it seems to be battle of the week so far, they are beginning to introduce some larger plot threads like they did with Mortis and Anakin, Ahsoka having that info that Piell gave to her. I hope they explore these more, because the first half of Season 3 for the most part was a let down.
    The Season 4 trailers have me excited that things are getting darker.

• aangfan

Bender

@gemini530

Kelly – I’ve watched all the DragonBall’s (Z and GT) and now I am fervently watching Bleach – the manga and anime are still being released over time. I tried Naruto, but it didn’t hook me right away. I might try it again.

“I don’t need luck though. I don’t want it. I’ve always had to struggle and fight and that’s made me strong. It’s made me who I am.” – Zuko
  • Nuriko

Elite Bender

said 5 years, 7 months ago

Well I’ll be watching Jersey Shore (I know, right?), Pretty Little Liars (even though it just finished, I’l be watching re-runs until season 3 starts up), The Nine Lives of Chloe King, The Lying Game and re-runs of ATLA. I mostly read though. :)

Nuriko here with super inhuman strength ready to wipeout Fire Nation troops one by one!
  • Donna

Master of The Elements

There are other shows besides ATLA? are you serious! lol… me besides the daily ATLA fix…

Big Bang Theory,
    NCIS,
    S&%t my dad says,
    Star Wars the Clone Wars… (am really getting into this one surprising enough… after a…. you guessed it a marathon weekend Nick was running here in NZ… oooo… wait isn’t that how my ATLA obsession begin?…. yup…. oh no da ja vou!!! lol….)
    Bones
    Game of Thrones

and please oh please if it ever gets to NZ…. Fallin Skies :)…..

otherwise reading or doing closet gaming that I’ve only just discovered I’m into – when I’m not working huge hours at our store :)

…By feeling all these emotions, it helps you understand how precious human life is…. so you will do anything to protect it. – Avatar YangChen
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

Wow, ever since Avatar ended, I’ve been searching like crazy for SOO long for a new show anywhere near Avatar’s greatness…
    So far, I’ve watched the following:

American Dragon

Drake and Josh

Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends

Iron Man Armored Adventures (Season 1 and most of season 2)

Justice League

Kim Possible

Lilo and Stitch the series

My life as a Teenage Robot

Samurai Jack

Static Shock

Teen Titans

X-men Evolution

Zoey 101

and finally

Futurama

I think the closest ones to Avatar would be Samurai Jack (Hearing Mako’s voice is awesome) or Teen Titans, Justice League and Static Shock are recommended too.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

Does anyone know anything about Full Metal Alchemist, is it any good?

• aangfan

Bender

@airbenderprodigy

I have a friend on dA who is absolutely obsessed with FMA. I think I’ll probably give it a go myself. Avatar was my first love, but when it ended it left me wanting more. I was into Dragonball for a while, then Bleach and I’m currently making my way through InuYasha.

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@aangfan
    Do you mind asking your friend for a summary of the show and if it has a storyline over many episodes or each episode has a different story arc?

• aangfan

Bender

@airbenderprodigy

Hey, I don’t know if this helps or not – wikipedia has a pretty good plot overview (and it looks to me like it is an ongoing story for the most part):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_metal_alchemist

Also, every major anime/manga as their own wikia (as does avatar, which is fantastic, by the way):

http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist_%28anime%29

• Deleted User

Newcomer

@aangfan

It does =)

Thanks!

• Deleted User

Newcomer

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 4: Battle Lines

Premiers tomorrow evening, only on Cartoon Network!

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 10
Queries: 258 queries in 0.651 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f