What shows will you be watching as you wait for Korra ? (201 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 5 years, 8 months ago

As the title says, Tv shows that you will be watching during the year wait until Korra.

Myself I am watching
    -Star Wars The Clone Wars – Season 4 will be starting in about 2 months
    -Transformers Prime- Coming to the end of its first season and is really staring to pick up, season 2 to start in november very soon after the end of Season 1
    -I am thinking or watching the new Thundercats show, I believe it started only a week or so ago.
    and a few anime shows that I have been meaning to watch

What about you guys ?

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info
  • Deleted User

Newcomer

We’re wrapping up on Dragonball Z Kai. And watching the original Dragonball Z, and Dragon Ball online.

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@tracycruze
    I know pretty much nothing about Dragonball Z, but is Kai not just the important episodes of the original show.
    What I have heard of it is that the original’s plot takes so long, they would set soomething up in one episode and only mention it again 50 episodes later.

I could never get into DB, it is the thing with the longer Anime shows like say Pokemon, Yugioh, Dragon Ball
    if you don’t like the premise straight away the nature of the show, most of them having actual filler episodes, will mean you just won’t be able to get into it.

Like I watch Yugioh and can enjoy it because I like the premise, I like the card game. So even if there is not a lot of plot I can enjoy the duels.

• aangfan

Bender

@tracycruze

I quite disagree with @airspeed, though it is a matter of preference. I love DBZ. Z Kai is ok, but like airspeed said, it is “no fluff/no filler”. Some of my favorite DBZ’s are the filler – like the Lime episode right before Cell. I just thought it made the story that much more deep and interesting.

But we all have our preferences.

“I don’t need luck though. I don’t want it. I’ve always had to struggle and fight and that’s made me strong. It’s made me who I am.” – Zuko
  • Dom

Elite Bender

I’ll admit ATLA (and soon LoK) are probably the only cartoons I watch regularly. Until LoK releases I’ll be watching comedic Fox/NBC/FX shows like the Office and Community once they start up again in the Fall.

- Dom 8)

“Aang meet Foofoocuddlypoops. Foofoocuddlypoops, Aang” — Sokka
    – Dom @domski 8)
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@aangfan
    As I said I know nothing about DBZ, except that Kai is about 90 episodes and the full show is like 240. The fact that they made Kai tells you something. Like I said I have only seen about 2 episodes of DBZ and I was just not liking the whole idea.
    Specifically Pokemon has so many filler episodes, because there is no character development in episodes that are not gym/league battles.
    Yugioh is better in that there are not a whole lot of episodes that deviate from the story, but there are some.
    Avatar doesn’t have any filler, even if an episode is not plot heavy there is character development that is in character and is remembered and maybe referenced again.

It is always the fight between making a great story and number of episodes, Avatar got it perfect, Pokemon certainly has not got it right who knows how many episodes and Ash is still the same age as he is in episode 1.
    If a show is too long, even if it has an excellent story, it starts to feel is just being stretched on too long.
    The Clone Wars is in danger of going this way, 4 seasons and alot of it has just been battle of the week, I have enjoyed it, but the lack of moving the story along has been very clear.

• Nagais

Newcomer

I won’t lie ill be watching pokemon. Its probably the worst cartoon ever made but it makes me happy XD lol

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@nagaismypatronus
    I am with you on that one, Pokemon is by no means an excellent show, but it is FUN

Also I just watched the 2 part opener to the new Thundercats, It is pretty good, obviously I am spoiled by Avatar, but this is a very good opening, I have never seen any of the old thundercats.
    It has character development, story, Animation is good not Avatar good but well done.
    I will definitely be keeping an eye on this show.

I also forgot to mention I am also watching The Avengers Earth’s mightiest heroes, which is also very good, if not just to see loads of well known hereoes working together.

I just like the way there are so many good shows out there, but there is one coming in a year that I can tell just from a trailer and some info that it is going to be even better than those mentioned above. 8)

• Deleted User

Newcomer

The thing is, it[s just the fact that I watch it with Nicky, it’s the time spent that I like the best. We also watch Ironman Armored Adventures.

• Arthan

Fire Lord

I must say that IMO the best Dragon Ball episodes are the ones from first season.

About other shows until Korra I think I’ll not watch any animated series (unless you have a pretty good recommendation), I’m following Falling Skies but I’m a bit dissapointed with it, and I just finished Fringe’s 3rd season and Game of Thrones. A friend told me about The Event, perhaps I will give it a try.

Aang: “…there’s too many of them. I can’t fight them all.”
    Princess Yue: “But, you have to! You’re the Avatar!”
    Aang: “I’m just one kid.”
  • Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

@arthan
    Am am the opposite, It will take amazing reviews of live action shows to get me to watch them, yet I will give nearly every animated show a look.

The Avengers Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has one of the strongest first seasons of an animated show I have ever seen, I am not a huge marvel fan but even I could see the amount of effort and references they thrown in to every episode. Seeing the various big superheroes interact is brilliant.

I will probably go for a rewatch of Prison Break in the wait for Korra, The first season is absolutely enthralling .

• Dom

Elite Bender

@arthan

I’m with ya here.. it doesn’t take much for me to watch a live action but I’m always skeptical when it comes to animated series (I was even skeptical at first with ATLA, LOL)

Yea I’m a little disappointed with Falling Skies as well, and I’m falling behind with them because I have my MCAT exam coming up and I don’t have the time to watch an hour-long show. I wish I got into game of thrones I hear it’s epic.

Either way, when it comes to shows I’ll be watching in the Korra interim it’ll mostly be comedy anyways. Its hard to stay committed with the deep shows I’m always busy (except of course ATLA and LoK)!

- Dom 8)

• Steve

Fire Lord

@domski well ive seen the recent episodes of falling skies and they’re pretty good, and the season
    finale is coming out tomorrow.
    Im also watching a show called “Covert Affairs” not really for the little ones but its good.

Your making peanut butter bombs? – Sokka
  • Dom

Elite Bender

@dragon1

After this MCAT exam is finally over with I’ll definitely have to catch up on Falling Skies then! I’m not sure you’re familiar with F/X shows but I highly recommend Archer and The League (also shows definitely not for the younger crowd — but really funny outlandish adult comedies if you ask me)

- Dom 8)

• Kelly

Master of The Elements

These all sound like good shows, but i have a question. Is anyone a fan of Anime? Ive recently became obsessed over it and ive completed like 10 animes already. My favorites are

Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
    Soul Eater
    The Melochaly of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Ouran High school Host club
    Lucky Star

And stuff like that. Im just curious. These shows are 14+ so if your younger or whatever u shouldnt watch it but there still good. Anyone seen any?

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 10
Queries: 226 queries in 0.646 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f