Explain your site Avatar (Profile Image) (41 posts)

• Airspeed Prime

Administrator

Master Arrowhead

said 5 years ago

As the title says, why did you choose the image you chose as your Avatar on the site.

Is there a story behind it or what ?

I will start, I have had the same site Avatar since I first joined this site like 2 years ago a week after the forums started.
    The image itself is a promo shot of Aang from Book 3, but as you can probably see the background is black and the shadow is white/grey.
    That is because when I resized the original image which had a white background and regular shadow I somehow by accident inverted the background colours, and I just stuck with it.
    I just love this image of Aang, the Air/Fire combo looks so cool, not to mention the epic pose.

What about your Avatar ?

I am the Site Super Moderator, Please Message me if you have any problems.
    Check out my Youtube Channel and Avatar Online Podcast for the latest Avatar Info

Elite Bender

said 5 years ago

My Avatar is Lin, of course. When I first joined the site, I had a pic of Toph, my favorite person from A:TLA. I had to change it to Lin though once we got to know more about her and also when she saved Korra at the arena. She’s tough but helps when it’s needed, and is very brave. Kind of what I strive to be like(I have Lin’s sarcasm down to a tee already though, he he). Lin is hands down my favorite person in Korra, and I am BEYOND THRILLED she got her bending back! Woo hoo! :)

• EarthBender22

Hotman

said 5 years ago

My Avatar is a picture of Toph (the greatest Earthbender in the world) I not only made her my profile pic because of my love of Toph but because I really love Earthbending! More specifically the picture is from the episode “The Blind Bandit” when Toph fights The Boulder!

Fully Realised Avatar

said 5 years ago

i uploaded my image after the LOK finale because we got to see all the avatars in 1 picture and my name is avatar yangchen.

If you want the secrets to all the site emoticons, click here ;)

And feel free to check out my page here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/avataryangchen

• Saladin

Elite Bender

said 5 years ago

the two main characters in one image
    i like it

• Lauren

Bender

said 5 years ago

I’ve always loved the idea of the animal hybrids used in Avatar and the Legend of Korra, so I decided to use one for my avatar. The reason I chose Naga is simply because she’s from the new show, and Korra’s animal guide, like how Appa was to Aang.

• Melon Lord

Elite Bender

said 5 years ago

I won an art competition and my friend said I could make a request and I asked for a Toph set, so he GFXed me the Toph set I’m currently wearing. It took me two days to find a decent enough image of Toph <3.

I am the greatest Earthbender in the world! Don’t you two dunderheads ever forget!
  • Brandy

Elite Bender

said 5 years ago

My image doesn’t really have a story behind it, but I chose it because I love the chibi avatar extras they created. Plus, Aang is pretty much my favorite character in ATLA.

” You, my friend, are just a few plums short of a fruit pie.”-Momo
  • Dreambender Ali

Bender

said 5 years ago

I like Tui & La and how they represent balance like the yin-yang sign. I thought this picture was really neat. I have been thinking about changing it but I’m not sure… I have found so many amazing Avatar pictures I don’t know which one to use!

Guru Pathik: Hmm, That chakra opened less like a flowing creek, and more like a burping bison!
    Aang: [Belches] Taste like onion and banana juiceā€¦ but strangely something elseā€¦ Pickles?
    Guru Pathik: [Shrugs] Muhum?

Bender

said 5 years ago

Lin’s face when Korra gives her a dirty look, which, in my opinion, was one of the funniest things ever!

Bender

said 5 years ago

mine is a pic of zuko and katara :)

Fully Realised Avatar

said 5 years ago

my new picture is a picture of the avatar world. i think it looks cool 8-)

• Rance100

said 5 years ago

I chose this picture because I like Sokka in his Water Tribe Armor and his Space Sword. This picture had both so I picked it.

“Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.”- Iroh
  • Ricardo

Lion Turtle

said 5 years ago

I’ve had quite a few profile pictures throughout my life, they usually depict what I’m currently interested in, or was interested in.

This one is from The Inheritance Cycle. As many have already guessed 8-)

• Azulan

Fire Lord

said 5 years ago

Mine is because I’m a big Azula fan! On a more in depth note, this scene in the finale really shows that Azula, despite all her machinations and plots, really has lost all her power, especially over her brother. So as her last spite to her brother Zuko, she does the only thing she can do, and lightning bends at Katara. Again both Zuko and Katara prove stronger, and Azula is finished, powerless.

Their Agni-Kai was beautiful, and my tearbending was not under control. Nuff said.

Reply:

In order to reply you must Login or Register

Group ID: 10
Queries: 236 queries in 0.640 seconds.
15137472fdfcca9b48c72b83cfc3f443729a9693f432a7751f